Stanley Cup Playoffs Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

Malkin is the key. He is having an outstanding year. Good problem to have I guess, I dont think the fans are attached to Hossa. With the new arena on the way, their near death move to KC. I cant root for Philly. should be a gritty series.

Its an all Pennsylvania ECF..ICK.... :ph34r:

Capt Clutch, Mr Intangibles, Mr Little League World Series MVP, sure did very little this playoff year.

Not once did it look like Drury would put the Rangers on his back and lead them, will them, to victory this playoff year.

I like it.

Capt Clutch, Mr Intangibles, Mr Little League World Series MVP, sure did very little this playoff year.

Not once did it look like Drury would put the Rangers on his back and lead them, will them, to victory this playoff year.

I like it.

Thanks for reminding us that we can always count on the lowest common denominator coming through, however silent they may have been throughout.

I like it.

It definitely looked like he was playing injured in this series. It's tough to put a team on your back with a cracked rib.

That stated, just before he took his 4 minute penalty at the end of this game he made a very heady play to keep the puck out of his own net. I doubt the Rangers are too disappointed in what they got out of him this year.

It definitely looked like he was playing injured in this series. It's tough to put a team on your back with a cracked rib.

That stated, just before he took his 4 minute penalty at the end of this game he made a very heady play to keep the puck out of his own net. I doubt the Rangers are too disappointed in what they got out of him this year.

Well, they went one game LESS farther into the playoffs... they are disappointed in someone... :thumbsup:

Well, they went one game LESS farther into the playoffs... they are disappointed in someone... :thumbsup:

Definitely. I can think of at least 7 guys right off the top of my head:

Lundy,

Shanny,

and any d-man not named Rosival.

Jaromir, VERY surprisingly, actually looked like he felt like playing this post-season.

I like it.

Yep..Nothing like he did for us thats for sure..

Watching the Sharks-Stars game. Nabakov made the save of the season and it saved the season. In OT, a partial fanned shot went over to another Star. The guy had the whole net to shoot at. Nabakov came diving across and just grabs it out of the air at the goal line. They had to go to the replay. The puck was on the line , but not completely over. Grier made a good stop later on. It is still on as I am writing this, 10 min into OT.

Watching the Sharks-Stars game. Nabakov made the save of the season and it saved the season. In OT, a partial fanned shot went over to another Star. The guy had the whole net to shoot at. Nabakov came diving across and just grabs it out of the air at the goal line. They had to go to the replay. The puck was on the line , but not completely over. Grier made a good stop later on. It is still on as I am writing this, 10 min into OT.

Best save I have ever seen... TSN guys said that during the broadcast and the Dallas broadcast also said that. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and check it out. It's the best save I have ever seen considering the pressure and timing of the series...

It is all over now Sharks... Do you know the way to San Jose?

Like carp said... WTF were you thinking?...:wallbash: :wallbash:

You gotta feed your family Brian! <_< <_<

After an hour of ice time, if he was thinking anything at all, he was thinking at least I get 2 minutes of rest.

Best save I have ever seen... TSN guys said that during the broadcast and the Dallas broadcast also said that. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and check it out. It's the best save I have ever seen considering the pressure and timing of the series...

Ya... Too bad they lost! I hate Dallas, but they play D and D wins! IMO, San Jose... Very over-rated... BFLO trashed them in their own building this year.

Brendan Morrow was amazing. Just amazing.

That hit he laid on Michalek 3 hours ago was only 1 of 19.

19 hits! to put that into perspective Gaustad led the Sabres with 199 hits for an 82 game season.

56 min. of ice time for Soup. 49 sec. in the box. Tough way to end it.

Turco and Nabakov were just amazing.

Brian, Brian, Brian ... that penalty just cost you a couple of million per year. :doh:

He lost more than a million:

"Brian Campbell was called for tripping close to the Dallas net before Morrow scored the winner"

A D-man making a penalty IN THE OFFENSIVE ZONE!

:wallbash: :rolleyes: :wallbash:

Any late nighters out there? Question...

Is Brenden Morrow Ken Morrow's son?

I don't think so... Ken was from he US (Michigan)

Winning may be marriable though:

"Morrow is the son-in-law of Montreal Canadiens coach and former Dallas Stars teammate Guy Carbonneau, having married Carbonneau's daughter Anne-Marie in 2003."

So that's 3 straight playoff elimination games Campbell is directly responsible for losing, and yet he was supposed to be paid $6mil/year for 6 years?

The Sharks got fleeced even if Bernier turns out to be very average, which is likely. Maybe Ottawa will be dumb enough to sign him.

Archived