[edited]Avery has a lacerated spleen; done for the year

will

ESPN's giving us "breaking news" on their ticker about sean avery being rushed to the hospital early this morning suffering from cardiac arrest. found unconscious, and no further information/prognosis.

so that's a bit shocking...

ESPN's giving us "breaking news" on their ticker about sean avery being rushed to the hospital early this morning suffering from cardiac arrest. found unconscious, and no further information/prognosis.

so that's a bit shocking...

Nothing on ESPN.com yet, either.

As much as I can't stand this guy on the ice, I really hope he's ok.

I really, really dislike that pr*ck, and I'm glad that the cardiac arrest report is false, so that I don't have to reign in my dislike of him in the interest of good taste. He'll fortunately recover from his spleen injury and continue being an unapologetic villain and chronic underminer of the game's unwritten rules.

i hate erroneous reports of unconsciousness and lack of respiration just as much as i hate sean effing avery.

glad he's alright, and glad i don't have to see him for one more second of the post-season. people keep saying "you'd still love to have him on your team," but i will have to politely disagree. this guy is all that's wrong with the state of hockey today, the lack of respect for other players, and the perception of the game when he's the one making headlines during the playoffs (outside of health issues).

I'm probably going to catch heat for this, but one word came to mind when I saw the headline: karma.

I didn't see the cardiac arrest one, the first headline I saw was "Avery done for season...Rangers' Avery taken to hospital with lacerated spleen". Plus the headline shouldn't be "Avery done for season", it should be "Avery to miss one game" :D

I'm probably going to catch heat for this, but one word came to mind when I saw the headline: karma.

I didn't see the cardiac arrest one, the first headline I saw was "Avery done for season...Rangers' Avery taken to hospital with lacerated spleen". Plus the headline shouldn't be "Avery done for season", it should be "Avery to miss one game" :D

If you catch any heat, know that there is at least one person who has your back. I think your post is dead on!

I wonder if Brodeur got a little chuckle from this. He walked into the hospital on his own, so it's obviously not too bad.

Now the Rags have to rely on tough guy "Stache" Hollweg to provide the dirty work. He didn't do so well at it last night costing his team the game with a stupid penalty.

I really, really dislike that pr*ck, and I'm glad that the cardiac arrest report is false, so that I don't have to reign in my dislike of him in the interest of good taste. He'll fortunately recover from his spleen injury and continue being an unapologetic villain and chronic underminer of the game's unwritten rules.

On the other hand, from the New York Post:

'Avery, who had wrist surgery during the season, missed 25 games overall. The Rangers were 33-14-10 with him in the lineup this season and 9-13-3 when he was sidelined. They were 17-6-6 after he arrived in a trade from Los Angeles last season.'

whoa is right. I hate the way that dbag plays and acts on the ice but I'd never wish this kind of serious issue on anyone.

If you go through something like that, you never want to wish it upon anyone else. I know this all too well from my burst appendix back in '95.

If you go through something like that, you never want to wish it upon anyone else. I know this all too well from my burst appendix back in '95.

Yeah, I'm all for him getting his butt handed to him on a couple big checks or someone dropping the gloves and beating him like a rented mule, but wishing off-the-ice problems/pain - that's over the top.

See, some of us have more class than Avery. :nana:

I wonder if Brodeur got a little chuckle from this. He walked into the hospital on his own, so it's obviously not too bad.

Now the Rags have to rely on tough guy "Stache" Hollweg to provide the dirty work. He didn't do so well at it last night costing his team the game with a stupid penalty.

Yeah, Brodeur laughed, and his belly shook like a bowl full of jelly!

All I can say is, "This lacerated spleen couldn't happened to a better guy"

Couple of other notes.

1) What is up with the pic of him on VS. wearing the Lisa Loeb glasses, I laughed when I saw it and all I could think of is when Homer wears his glasses on the Simpsons.

2) I hope Brodeur (sp?) sent him some flowers and I hope the card reads, "Thinking of you, see ya in the fall. Love, Marty"

Archived