"We won't be as competitive"

Sabretooth73

Pile on management day I see.

Imagine if we had overpaid for a -20 defensive liability named Briere and agreed to pay BC 7 mill per year, and STILL missed the playoffs...which would have been likely...Oh this place would still be blaming management for the disappointing play of the TEAM. And imagine if those two contracts had made it a certainty that we wouldn't be able to afford to sign Pomminstein and Miller and a backup goalie to compete with Miller...oh MY management would REALLY be taking it in the nuts. I won't even mention the *excellent* contracts we gave to Roy and Hecht...that's beside the point.

It's always so easy from the fan's perspective.

Fingers MUST BE POINTED, DAMMIT!

I saw too many soft goals this year. I saw a guy named Hank Tallinder play soft instead of physical. I saw a LOT of injuries to key guys. I saw the power play struggle to a point of absurdity, just like we saw it last year WITH BRIERE, DRURY, and CAMPBELL on the team.

But sure, it's all Darcy's fault. :rolleyes:

mission accomplished I guess....oh, and one more thing Darcy, Larry, and Tom.....

Someone with some PhotoShop skills needs to replace Bush with LQ or Darcy in this pic:

post-327-1207339537_thumbjpg

Someone with some PhotoShop skills needs to replace Bush with LQ or Darcy in this pic:

and the purpose of that would be to..... Be an a#$^$#!e? Be a crotch grabbing whiner? Take the words out of someone's mouth and twist them to make a petty little point? :rolleyes:

and the purpose of that would be to..... Be an a#$^$#!e? Be a crotch grabbing whiner? Take the words out of someone's mouth and twist them to make a petty little point? :rolleyes:

What flavour Kool-aid are they serving at the arena? Must be good stuff

I must have missed the part of the agreement when signing up here that says no negative comments and only praise may be spoken about the management

Or it could be a joke to lighten the mood...nah, couldn't be that... :rolleyes:

What flavour Kool-aid are they serving at the arena? Must be good stuff

I must have missed the part of the agreement when signing up here that says no negative comments and only praise may be spoken about the management

For someone who doesn't even watch the games - you sure have a lot to say. Goody us.

For someone who doesn't even watch the games - you sure have a lot to say. Goody us.

Don't tell me you didn't see this coming. You should be used to it by now between here and TBD. I can say this because I am ALWAYS positive. :P I couldn't even type that without laughing to myself.

Don't tell me you didn't see this coming. You should be used to it by now between here and TBD. I can say this because I am ALWAYS positive. :P I couldn't even type that without laughing to myself.

You get a pass because of your avatar. B-)

It has nothing to do with being positive or negative. It has to do with being rational and fair. These concepts are lost on a certain portion of the bell curve.

mission accomplished I guess....oh, and one more thing Darcy, Larry, and Tom.....

F-YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, just as long as the HSBC arena is filled, they're not going to do anything to fix the problem. They're still riding Lindy Ruff's coatails, hoping that he can keep turning mediocre players into better players. Recycling players cost us this year, and it will continue to be that way.

I agree, a big F-YOU to Darcy, Larry & Tom. Thanks for dismantling a Stanley Cup caliber team, you guys SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has nothing to do with being positive or negative. It has to do with being rational and fair. These concepts are lost on a certain portion of the bell curve.

What I was getting at was whether it's positive, negative, rational and fair, you had to know it was coming. You've been around plenty long enough and seen it all. It ain't ever changing either, kind of like how the Sabres front office has run the team. Had to get that last shot in there. <_<

I was wondering where all the anger was. This morning we were all just sad. Now we're pissed. :angry:

It'll come... 5 steps of grief

1-Denial

2-Anger

3-Bargaining

4-Depression

5-Acceptance

We've spent the last two weeks at step 1... Well some had already moved on to 2...

Imagine if we had overpaid for a -20 defensive liability named Briere and agreed to pay BC 7 mill per year, and STILL missed the playoffs...which would have been likely...Oh this place would still be blaming management for the disappointing play of the TEAM. And imagine if those two contracts had made it a certainty that we wouldn't be able to afford to sign Pomminstein and Miller and a backup goalie to compete with Miller...oh MY management would REALLY be taking it in the nuts. I won't even mention the *excellent* contracts we gave to Roy and Hecht...that's beside the point.

I saw too many soft goals this year. I saw a guy named Hank Tallinder play soft instead of physical. I saw a LOT of injuries to key guys. I saw the power play struggle to a point of absurdity, just like we saw it last year WITH BRIERE, DRURY, and CAMPBELL on the team.

I cannot agree with your statement that with Briere and Campbell, it would have been likely that Buffalo still missed the playoffs. You would have a much better power play and probably enough to win a couple of shoot-outs. We only missed by a couple points and a couple shoot-out wins would have gave us the nod.

I don't get to watch ever game, but I watch when I can

Wanna buy me season tickets or Centre Ice next season? Or how about a house in buffalo? then I can watch them all the time

I'm sorry, I didn't realise that this board was only for people that watch every game. Do I also need to have a certain amount of hockey experience before I post too?

Imagine if management done their homework and signed oh forget it you have your head so far up TG's but, your argument's don't even make sense. You blame the whole season on miller and yet you worry about signing him. And what injuries? Tiny Tim ? Only a fool counted on him.Tell Boston and Montreal all about your injuries. Check out man games lost if you no what that means.

Power Play? You can lay that on whoever decided not to add anything at the deadline. BTW, last years wasn't great, it didn't have to be, but it never was a joke like the end of this year.

I find it interesting that like TG you bring up plus/minus numbers but I would imagine you haven't even analyzed them to know how they manifested themselves. All I know is Philly's in and Buffalo's not and it was Briere that led them on the turn around.

Find a couple of other things interesting, while most of the board pins blame on LQ you never defend him and you didn't bring up Chris in this post. His lower plus/minus and recent surge doesn't fit into your line of reasoning?

I don't get to watch ever game, but I watch when I can

Wanna buy me season tickets or Centre Ice next season? Or how about a house in buffalo? then I can watch them all the time

I'm sorry, I didn't realise that this board was only for people that watch every game. Do I also need to have a certain amount of hockey experience before I post too?

It's more about your inability to understand the little you do see.

Not making the playoffs doesn't mean every decision the Sabres made was wrong. Sometimes good teams don't make the playoffs. The Sabres have their flaws. They need to be tougher on the blueline, grittier upfront and stronger in goal. The front office and the business model used to keep the team viable and competitively is not one of the flaws. The front office and the coaching staff is a strength. I say that knowing I don't agree with everything they do. Throwing away $6.5 million on Max and Tim as well as Lindy not allowing this team to stand up for themselves and go after other teams when cheap shotted. They are not perfect. That doesn't mean you devalue all they have accomplished over the tenure. 143 wins over the past three seasons is pretty good. That doesn't include the 20 playoff games they won.

It's more about your inability to understand the little you do see.

Not making the playoffs doesn't mean every decision the Sabres made was wrong. Sometimes good teams don't make the playoffs. The Sabres have their flaws. They need to be tougher on the blueline, grittier upfront and stronger in goal. The front office and the business model used to keep the team viable and competitively is not one of the flaws. The front office and the coaching staff is a strength. I say that knowing I don't agree with everything they do. Throwing away $6.5 million on Max and Tim as well as Lindy not allowing this team to stand up for themselves and go after other teams when cheap shotted. They are not perfect. That doesn't mean you devalue all they have accomplished over the tenure. 143 wins over the past three seasons is pretty good. That doesn't include the 20 playoff games they won.

When you get the chance, can you send me the link where you got this information?

Imagine if management done their homework and signed oh forget it you have your head so far up TG's but, your argument's don't even make sense. You blame the whole season on miller and yet you worry about signing him. And what injuries? Tiny Tim ? Only a fool counted on him.Tell Boston and Montreal all about your injuries. Check out man games lost if you no what that means.

Power Play? You can lay that on whoever decided not to add anything at the deadline. BTW, last years wasn't great, it didn't have to be, but it never was a joke like the end of this year.

I find it interesting that like TG you bring up plus/minus numbers but I would imagine you haven't even analyzed them to know how they manifested themselves. All I know is Philly's in and Buffalo's not and it was Briere that led them on the turn around.

Find a couple of other things interesting, while most of the board pins blame on LQ you never defend him and you didn't bring up Chris in this post. His lower plus/minus and recent surge doesn't fit into your line of reasoning?

Oh No! The antagonistic business man is after my posts again! I'll number the following so that it's easier for you to reference them later; you have a rare skill for contradicting statements that were never made.

1. Please, on a line-item basis, point out what statements "don't make sense". Enthrall me with your logic and reasoning skills.

2. Never once "blamed miller for the whole season". I've stated many times that he wasn't as strong this year as last and that played a big role.

3. Show me where I "worry" about signing him. I've worried about OVERPAYING for him, if you can use the word "worry" at all.

(How did you fare on the reading comprehension portion of your old scholastic exams, by the way?)

4. Tim Connolly? You're making disparaging comments about him because of injuries? Nobody is more disappointed about his injury luck than Connolly himself. Anyone can use the "fool to count on him" line in hindsight knowing his injuries. Are you going to say that he's going to disappoint next season too?

5. RE: "Check out man games lost if you no what that means" LOL I assure you, I know what man games lost is. The numbers reinforce my points, not yours. If yours are points to begin with. By the way, your spell checker won't catch errors like "if you no what that means", so you should be careful in your business correspondence.

6. Your "Philly is in and we're not" brilliance: Yes, we are separated by a handful of points. Now THAT'S the kind of difference that overspending in free agency will do for ya! Weeeeee!

7. Maybe YOU should do the analysis of Briere's over/under. How many PKs did he play on? That usually brings a guy's +/- down. When they're bad like Briere's is, AND he's not a key PK guy? That generally translates into Defensive Liability. Yes, he scored 5 goals late in the season. Last year everyone here, and probably you, too, were criticizing him for disappearing in the playoffs, which he most certainly did. When it mattered most.

8. Larry is not a hockey guy and he's in the role of making hockey decisions, which I'm not fond of. I know he has taken some heat for his approach to other business deals outside of hockey, but I don't know enough of the facts to form an opinion. I also don't know what the specific relationship between Darcy (who I have great respect for) and LQ in terms of who has greater "power" in contract decisions (I would assume DR but I don't know).

Archived