"We won't be as competitive"

Sabretooth73

Oh No! The antagonistic business man is after my posts again! I'll number the following so that it's easier for you to reference them later; you have a rare skill for contradicting statements that were never made.

1. Please, on a line-item basis, point out what statements "don't make sense". Enthrall me with your logic and reasoning skills.

2. Never once "blamed miller for the whole season". I've stated many times that he wasn't as strong this year as last and that played a big role.

3. Show me where I "worry" about signing him. I've worried about OVERPAYING for him, if you can use the word "worry" at all.

(How did you fare on the reading comprehension portion of your old scholastic exams, by the way?)

4. Tim Connolly? You're making disparaging comments about him because of injuries? Nobody is more disappointed about his injury luck than Connolly himself. Anyone can use the "fool to count on him" line in hindsight knowing his injuries. Are you going to say that he's going to disappoint next season too?

5. RE: "Check out man games lost if you no what that means" LOL I assure you, I know what man games lost is. The numbers reinforce my points, not yours. If yours are points to begin with. By the way, your spell checker won't catch errors like "if you no what that means", so you should be careful in your business correspondence.

6. Your "Philly is in and we're not" brilliance: Yes, we are separated by a handful of points. Now THAT'S the kind of difference that overspending in free agency will do for ya! Weeeeee!

7. Maybe YOU should do the analysis of Briere's over/under. How many PKs did he play on? That usually brings a guy's +/- down. When they're bad like Briere's is, AND he's not a key PK guy? That generally translates into Defensive Liability. Yes, he scored 5 goals late in the season. Last year everyone here, and probably you, too, were criticizing him for disappearing in the playoffs, which he most certainly did. When it mattered most.

8. Larry is not a hockey guy and he's in the role of making hockey decisions, which I'm not fond of. I know he has taken some heat for his approach to other business deals outside of hockey, but I don't know enough of the facts to form an opinion. I also don't know what the specific relationship between Darcy (who I have great respect for) and LQ in terms of who has greater "power" in contract decisions (I would assume DR but I don't know).

Not going to touch your post. Just a quick clarification for #7 which is bolded. If a goal is scored while a team is on the PK, that has no impact on their +/-. If the team on the PK scores a goal, they get a +1 while the PP gets a -1. Also, just to clarify one more thing, Briere led the team in playoff points last year, so I'm not sure how he disappeared, but that's neither here nor there.

Oh No! The antagonistic business man is after my posts again! I'll number the following so that it's easier for you to reference them later; you have a rare skill for contradicting statements that were never made.

1. Please, on a line-item basis, point out what statements "don't make sense". Enthrall me with your logic and reasoning skills.

2. Never once "blamed miller for the whole season". I've stated many times that he wasn't as strong this year as last and that played a big role.

3. Show me where I "worry" about signing him. I've worried about OVERPAYING for him, if you can use the word "worry" at all.

(How did you fare on the reading comprehension portion of your old scholastic exams, by the way?)

4. Tim Connolly? You're making disparaging comments about him because of injuries? Nobody is more disappointed about his injury luck than Connolly himself. Anyone can use the "fool to count on him" line in hindsight knowing his injuries. Are you going to say that he's going to disappoint next season too?

5. RE: "Check out man games lost if you no what that means" LOL I assure you, I know what man games lost is. The numbers reinforce my points, not yours. If yours are points to begin with. By the way, your spell checker won't catch errors like "if you no what that means", so you should be careful in your business correspondence.

6. Your "Philly is in and we're not" brilliance: Yes, we are separated by a handful of points. Now THAT'S the kind of difference that overspending in free agency will do for ya! Weeeeee!

7. Maybe YOU should do the analysis of Briere's over/under. How many PKs did he play on? That usually brings a guy's +/- down. When they're bad like Briere's is, AND he's not a key PK guy? That generally translates into Defensive Liability. Yes, he scored 5 goals late in the season. Last year everyone here, and probably you, too, were criticizing him for disappearing in the playoffs, which he most certainly did. When it mattered most.

8. Larry is not a hockey guy and he's in the role of making hockey decisions, which I'm not fond of. I know he has taken some heat for his approach to other business deals outside of hockey, but I don't know enough of the facts to form an opinion. I also don't know what the specific relationship between Darcy (who I have great respect for) and LQ in terms of who has greater "power" in contract decisions (I would assume DR but I don't know).

1) If you want to do a little research and tell me about those $30 million in variable costs that ate up profits the last two years, I'll do a line by line analysis of your post.

2) Your sole response to a post was "too many soft goals." I can look it up if you need.

3) You brought it up in a lame post about his puck handling abilities

4) What evidence is there that Connolly can ever be counted on and was he really that good in his one above average season.

5) Do you really want me to show were Buffalo stands in relation to the rest of the league with regards to man games lost?

I'm about to embarrass you on your knowledge of plus minus

6) What is the financial implications of making the playoffs and not and what team is heading up and what team is heading down. Another point, Briere's contract wasn't one year, the benefits will continue to accrue.

7) Penalty kill does not bring plus minus down because power play goals do not count against. In fact, penalty kill can bring it up because short handed goals count as a plus. The reverse of that is that power play goals do not add to Briere's plus minus thus artificially bringing it down

8) I have a great respect for DR too and I think you are either purposely acting dumb about the management structure with regards to contracts or you are less relevant than I thought you were.

BTW, if you think your personal attacks on my abilities is keeping me up at night, you should know that I am a very secure person who is finding amusement in your attempts. Like I have said before, everybody on this board knows where I sit during games, you can look me up and explain to me just how much more you know than me. Sorry about the previous grammatical error and any future errors. I would hate to think that they diminish the message.

Not going to touch your post. Just a quick clarification for #7 which is bolded. If a goal is scored while a team is on the PK, that has no impact on their +/-. If the team on the PK scores a goal, they get a +1 while the PP gets a -1. Also, just to clarify one more thing, Briere led the team in playoff points last year, so I'm not sure how he disappeared, but that's neither here nor there.

Man, are you trying to ruin my fun???

The tone of this post is pretty obnoxious and unnecessary.

Read some of his last posts. The tone is about the same.

Oh, give me a break, Tom. Go read your own posts. Start with the one I just responded to. Ask yourself if THAT tone was necessary. If you're going to make statements like that, you should expect a snarky response.

It's more about your inability to understand the little you do see.

Not making the playoffs doesn't mean every decision the Sabres made was wrong. Sometimes good teams don't make the playoffs. The Sabres have their flaws. They need to be tougher on the blueline, grittier upfront and stronger in goal. The front office and the business model used to keep the team viable and competitively is not one of the flaws. The front office and the coaching staff is a strength. I say that knowing I don't agree with everything they do. Throwing away $6.5 million on Max and Tim as well as Lindy not allowing this team to stand up for themselves and go after other teams when cheap shotted. They are not perfect. That doesn't mean you devalue all they have accomplished over the tenure. 143 wins over the past three seasons is pretty good. That doesn't include the 20 playoff games they won.

I know exactly what I saw, and what i saw was a team that was ontop of the league one year and failed to make the playoffs the next. I saw a team that blew many games after taking leads, and a team that could not win the games it had to when it counted, a team that usually came up short when they had to come up big. The weaknesses you talk about (grittier upfront, toughness on the blueline) are things people have been saying they need to do for a while, and have not done

Good management will not come out to the fans after they have just shown tremendous support for the team and held up their end of the bargain by selling out the games, filling the streets and areas out side of the arena to watch games on TV, and buy merchandise many don't even like, and say after 1 day in FA that they are not going to be as competitive as they were the year before.

Oh, give me a break, Tom. Go read your own posts. Start with the one I just responded to. Ask yourself if THAT tone was necessary. If you're going to make statements like that, you should expect a snarky response.

Highlight any line in my post that qualifies like a personal attack. Thank go back and read the first post of yours that i responded to were you call fans that question management idiots who only read won lost records.

BTW, I have done some quick research and it seems Buffalo is in the bottom 10 when it comes to man loss games and one third of those games where Tiny Tim.

I wonder how many people in this forum listen to Romey. From what I've found, most Buffalonian's don't like him because he disses the area teams pretty good.

I moved away from Buffalo a long time ago. But, I don't like him because he's a smarmy, arrogant, prick who got his a$$ beaten on live TV by Jim Everett. He's overrated and I've never been too impressed with him. I'm also not a big fan of Colin Cowherd either. He tries to be Jim Rome light.

All I know is that I just came back from a playoff hockey draft and took Drury in the 5th round, and Briere in the 10th.

Campbell went in the 1st

Dumont went in the 8th

Greir went in the 8th

Larry Quinn....where are you my friend? I want to give you my wallet, but you are nowhere to be found. Are you at Tommy G's house, massaging his bunions? I like Funions....they're still like only 99 cents for a bag. There's not a lot to them though. Maybe that's a lesson for me....the cheaper the product, the less filling. Yeah... that's it! Funions are tasty though.

Now do you believe?.......Now do you believe?

I wonder how many people in this forum listen to Romey. From what I've found, most Buffalonian's don't like him because he disses the area teams pretty good.

I find him enetertaining, but I don't have time to listen a lot. When I do, I find his interviews too much of a love fest.

It's more about your inability to understand the little you do see.

Not making the playoffs doesn't mean every decision the Sabres made was wrong. Sometimes good teams don't make the playoffs. The Sabres have their flaws. They need to be tougher on the blueline, grittier upfront and stronger in goal. The front office and the business model used to keep the team viable and competitively is not one of the flaws. The front office and the coaching staff is a strength. I say that knowing I don't agree with everything they do. Throwing away $6.5 million on Max and Tim as well as Lindy not allowing this team to stand up for themselves and go after other teams when cheap shotted. They are not perfect. That doesn't mean you devalue all they have accomplished over the tenure. 143 wins over the past three seasons is pretty good. That doesn't include the 20 playoff games they won.

Wasnt Lindy fined this yr for sending his players after someone or was it a dream....

Archived