Any support for San Jose this year?

Chief Enabler

Considering Grier, Brown and Soupy scored last night. I'll admit to pulling for San Jose to make the run. I have watched Thorton since his draft here in Boston and it would be nice for him to finally step up. Our draft pick would suck, but that is the least of our problems.

Personnally, I am leaning towards Montreal/San Jose. <_<

To update my previous response - I wouldn't object to seeing SJ win the Cup, giving Soupy and Brown a shot at get their names engraved on Lord Stanley's chalice. If we don't make it I'll probably root for Colorado - I've always liked Sakic, Forsberg (when he was an Av, not during his Philly time) and Hejduk, and the Jose Theodore story is a pretty good one.

Its a tough call this yr..I cant believe Pittsburgh is at the top in our conference..I just dont think they have the D to take it..San Jose is a nice story I think they are tough on the front end but when they feel the heat in their end we will see..I think Anaheim is gonna take it again..I will be rootin for the Rangers..Lundquist can carry them for awhile...

Man, these threads get derailed fast. I honestly have no idea which thread I'm reading anymore because by the time I get to the bottom of the first page or into the second page it again becomes how management sucks, the players on this team suck, we need different players, etc. Every single thread looks the exact same on this board these days. We should just have one thread on the board because every discussion turns into the same thing.

Man, you're not kidding. The threads have become such a clusterf*** of the same handful of topics that I have to re-read the thread to remember what I said earlier and what it was in response to before replying.

Man, you're not kidding. The threads have become such a clusterf*** of the same handful of topics that I have to re-read the thread to remember what I said earlier and what it was in response to before replying.

My fault I just get so freakin frustrated at what we have over what we had..I will try and stop but its dang hard..I need a little help me help you..LOL

My fault I just get so freakin frustrated at what we have over what we had..I will try and stop but its dang hard..I need a little help me help you..LOL

Nah, not singling anyone out, it seems like every thread is being hijacked and each one by someone new. Normally I don't care, it's just one of those days and I'm irritated by stupid things...

Nah, not singling anyone out, it seems like every thread is being hijacked and each one by someone new. Normally I don't care, it's just one of those days and I'm irritated by stupid things...

I know but I havent helped..Just irritated..LOL

I'm with X-Ben on this one, I will be rooting for Vancouver and Luongo. As for SJ, the only thing that would come from them winning the cup is maybe DR and LQ can see what building a team around core players can get you. With 3 ex-Sabres over there, that has got to tell them something. Maybe shelling out for a top guy like Thornton is a good thing. Somehow, the Sabres organization doesn't seem to think so, unless another GM forces them to pay.

If I am one of those irritating you, you can blame today on my 7 year old since she kept me home. The rest of the time its pretty much just my fault but I have learned to live with my flaws.

Not so much anyone in particular, just everything is getting under my skin today. My wife has been in Arizona for the last week, visiting her hospitalized father and helping her stepmom out, so I have been working from home and caring for my 1-year-old by myself for the last 9 days. I'm going stir crazy right now, and I think he's getting sick of me and missing his mommy, so he's getting a little tough to deal with...

I'm with X-Ben on this one, I will be rooting for Vancouver and Luongo. As for SJ, the only thing that would come from them winning the cup is maybe DR and LQ can see what building a team around core players can get you. With 3 ex-Sabres over there, that has got to tell them something. Maybe shelling out for a top guy like Thornton is a good thing. Somehow, the Sabres organization doesn't seem to think so, unless another GM forces them to pay.

The only problem is that franchise players like Thornton don't go on the market every day. Only dumbasses like the Bruins would trade away a true superstar for 3 or 4 mediocre players.

The only problem is that franchise players like Thornton don't go on the market every day. Only dumbasses like the Bruins would trade away a true superstar for 3 or 4 mediocre players.

Do you really think Mike O'Connell wanted to pull the trigger on that one?

I think that was a Jeremy Jacobs move. It made no sense at all.

Do you really think Mike O'Connell wanted to pull the trigger on that one?

I think that was a Jeremy Jacobs move. It made no sense at all.

linky

It was an altogether bad collapse in Boston here at the time. I believe it was the unsuccessful Thorton-Samsonov-Murray line. As the story reads. I must say that it has been a long time coming for Boston to actually have a home playoff game now. The Bruins are in a much better place with Savard-Bergeron-Chara and their youngsters with Julien at the helm since: dont laugh: the Milbury era.

With that combined salary to rebuild, I believe both teams made out okay. fair deal.

Archived