GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

And none in his last eight.

Couldn't care less. The original premise was that he hasn't done "ANYTHING" since his first game as a Sabre, and I was pointing out that since then he's missed time with injuries and has had 5 points in 13 games. Not earth-shattering by any means, but considering it's 14 games into his Sabres it's a bit premature to start roasting him as a bust or anything like that.

Couldn't care less. The original premise was that he hasn't done "ANYTHING" since his first game as a Sabre, and I was pointing out that since then he's missed time with injuries and has had 5 points in 13 games. Not earth-shattering by any means, but considering it's 14 games into his Sabres it's a bit premature to start roasting him as a bust or anything like that.

I am not saying we pull a Campbell on him and start roasting him oughta here however I was hoping that a player we traded an allstar for would show up a little more than he has is all.

I missed the part where I said expect a 23 yr old to jump in..I do remember a certain GM saying he is what we lack up front RIGHT NOW.....

So sorry I interpreted your comment about him being "Steve Heinze jr" [sic] as being negative. He is what we lack up front RIGHT NOW - he's not a finesse guy, he's a big body who has been working along the boards and in the corners.

Miller has looked terrible. He does not look sharp at all. I know it's like his 75th game in a row, but man he really does not look sharp. He's really mentally fatigued. He badly overcommitted on both goals. He's got to get back in position and not overcommit like he did.

I don't see it. Miller might have gotten back faster, but he and Weber both expected Kaberle to shoot - that's why Kaberle went right around Weber. Where the ehck were the other three guys while Tomas leisurely circled the net?

2 goals on 5 shots,,,,,,, 11 shots on raycroft 0 goals building his confidence ... NICE

The Jekyll-and-Hyde offense strikes again - at this pace we should hit three or four posts and score a garbage-time goal to lose 4-1, and then everyone can go back to deluding themselves that the offense is great and goaltending let us down again.

I am not saying we pull a Campbell on him and start roasting him oughta here however I was hoping that a player we traded an allstar for would show up a little more than he has is all.

We really need a shaking-head smiley. There's a difference between obtaining an established star and obtaining a young player who is still, for all intents and purposes, an unestablished "prospect." He's showed up fine so far given the state of the team, his injuries, learning a new system and new teammates. Oh damn, there I go with the "excuses" again...

So sorry I interpreted your comment about him being "Steve Heinze jr" [sic] as being negative. He is what we lack up front RIGHT NOW - he's not a finesse guy, he's a big body who has been working along the boards and in the corners.

I don't see it. Miller might have gotten back faster, but he and Weber both expected Kaberle to shoot - that's why Kaberle went right around Weber. Where the ehck were the other three guys while Tomas leisurely circled the net?

Oh no you caught the negative part right..I just am not about to jump on him to run him out of Buffalo..He might take awhile that happens..But dont worry when he does take till maybe 26 or 28 yrs old to become a allstar you wont have to worry about me running him oughta hear there will be plenty here that will beat me to it..

Miller's had a tendency this year to overcommit and give up rebounds. That's what happened on the first goal. I like that he challenges the shooter, but when you do that, you absolutely cannot give up juicy rebounds in the slot. Miller did that on the first goal. On the second goal, he overcommitted and did not recover quickly enough to prevent the goal. Where was the stick to put the paddle on the ice to prevent any low shot. I agree though that there was not one person to cover the other side of the net, so where was the defense? Incredibly frustrating. We need a better effort in the defensive zone than what we've got so far. We're not out of it, but that was a terrible first period defensively.

The Jekyll-and-Hyde offense strikes again - at this pace we should hit three or four posts and score a garbage-time goal to lose 4-1, and then everyone can go back to deluding themselves that the offense is great and goaltending let us down again.

We really need a shaking-head smiley. There's a difference between obtaining an established star and obtaining a young player who is still, for all intents and purposes, an unestablished "prospect." He's showed up fine so far given the state of the team, his injuries, learning a new system and new teammates. Oh damn, there I go with the "excuses" again...

You now if you go back in time its funny that how a team plays thru a season is what generally is their downfall..Inconsistent teams rarely become consistent that year however they take a year or 2 to become consistent...With the right additions this team isnt too far off....The question is will this be the same team we see next yr or will they add players...

Archived