GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Not to mention he looked disappointed as the puck was crossing the line... :unsure:

He always seems 'un' jubilant doesn't he?

and why didn't he shoot instead of passing (or trying to pass) back to Roy? He's done that soooo many times. :unsure:

I think he was pissed at Max for not passing it to him.

My feelings about Vanek have been well documented but I am going to really start questioning this young man's character. Years before McGahee was shipped out of Buffalo, I smelled something rotten and I'm getting a familiar scent.

My feelings about Vanek have been well documented but I am going to really start questioning this young man's character. Years before McGahee was shipped out of Buffalo, I smelled something rotten and I'm getting a familiar scent.

Vanek's opinion of his teamates are a double edged sword. It may motivate and it may alienate. A bit childish either way IMHO.

Not to mention he looked disappointed as the puck was crossing the line... :unsure:

They were just talking about this on GR and made a good point that I was going to make earlier and got sidetracked. My first thought was that Vanek was displaying his digust with how Max messed up that three on one.

Obviously turned into a goal, but that was classic Max.

Did anyone noticed Vanek stepped between Gaustad and Kronvall after Kronvall gave the puck away and Kronvall was looking for a little conversation....

I think he was pissed at Max for not passing it to him.

I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but I've suggested before that there appears to be some friction between Max & Vanek based on their on-ice behavior(usually after a goal is scored).

I'm not into conspiracy theories much, but isn't it a strange coincidence that Vanek's best play this year was during the time when Max was out of the lineup. Compare the game by game stats if you don't believe me.

I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but I've suggested before that there appears to be some friction between Max & Vanek based on their on-ice behavior(usually after a goal is scored).

I'm not into conspiracy theories much, but isn't it a strange coincidence that Vanek's best play this year was during the time when Max was out of the lineup. Compare the game by game stats if you don't believe me.

I don't knowabout friction, but there are players that do not want Max on their line.

If he didn't want to be paid that much, he should have declined the offer sheet.

i am beside myself wondering how you could have possibly thought it was a good idea to type that post out. that's the silliest thing i have ever read on this messageboard, and there have been some doozies.

Actually, the day he signed his name on the offer sheet, he was being asked to be paid 7 mil a year.

key phrase.

i am beside myself wondering how you could have possibly thought it was a good idea to type that post out. that's the silliest thing i have ever read on this messageboard, and there have been some doozies.

key phrase.

My post may have been over the top, but I'm sick of people defending athletes who can't live up to the contract that they put their John Hancock on. Not only was Vanek not worth the 7 mil cap hit this year, he may not have been worth half of the cap hit.

He has as much of a chance of turning into the next Satan as he does being a consistent 40+ goal 80+ point player.

Archived