Miller's goaltending flaw

Rabbit151

His eyes COULD be a problem.

Do some research on stereovision.....

Trust me....I'll nail any Sabre and try to call BS on any excuse, so just the fact that I have revisited this "laughable" theory should let you know I'm serious.

Wasn't stereovision replaced by surround sound in the early 90's? and I don't think this is a good board to come out of the closet on, I'd nail most Sabres too, but, hey I'm just a girl.

BINGO!!!!

Here's the deal.....some of you guys are right with the presumed head tilt. Not only are his eyes not symmetric, but both sides of his face aren't as well. This website gives a good synopsis. The eye problem isn't primary, it's secondary to a bad fusion of the skull as an infant. Interesting stuff........I'm sure he had rough trip as an infant or little kid.

The website nails it. The only question is if Miller has any lingering issues, which leads me to the original point about the eyes...which tells me probable....bingo.

I may have too much time on my hands, but at least I don't sit back and say "Sabres.....Pretty.....Yeah!"

Don't worry. I'll never let this go away. (:blink: look, it kinda looks like Miller, although it's reversed)

Thanks, keep encouraging him.

Maybe he can find some sort of syndrome that causes your freakish, black-men-love-them calves...

Thanks, keep encouraging him.

Maybe he can find some sort of syndrome that causes your freakish, black-men-love-them calves...

Call Carl Russo

As for Miller.....I have a lot better understanding of him. Now you know why he wears a part in the middle of his head.

I know some people don't like me here, pretty much because I've been arrogant in calling the demise of this organization.....but you have to admit, I've been right many times on things people have called me idiot, mental midget, etc for...and you can laugh all you want, but I just shake my head in the end. I guess I should know better than to expect unbiased analysis of a team that everybody is a fan of. I am used to not letting emotions get to me on the stuff I care about, because I have to. I guess I should be smart enough by now to know that people don't want to know the truth, because it is much better to live in ignorant bliss.

If I wanted to be a troll, I'd do it on a Miami Dolphins board. Miller is a nice guy, so I guess there is no good in bringing up something personal about him. Continue on with other important topics of conversation.

So you don't think popping up and down all game with that padding on isn't an effort? A goalie's job is similar to running wind sprints. High levels of activity for 5...10...20 seconds at a time, then a brief period of rest.

Miller just isn't built like an athlete. He got to where he was by working hard and extreme focus. Go ask a jockey if he is physically better at 116 lbs or 135 lbs. Those guys are built like fire hydrants, and the only reason they have almost zero fat and drain themselves of liquid is to make the weight for a race. Ask a boxer who weighs in at 160 lbs, then fights at 173 lbs only 3 days later. Ask Jason Taylor after 60 minutes of playing against Jason Peters, who is more tired at the end of a game.

It's not so much during the game itself...it is the REBOUND time for another peak performance. If there is nothing there in reserve to get you by, you start breaking down your critical systems.

Miller can't bulk up most likely. He is what he is.

I didn't say having to drop down and get back up wasn't an effort. Most sports require physical effort. The problem with your analogy to running wind sprints is that a goalie is out on the ice for about two hours a night. Even when he's resting, he's still on his feet and often moving around. Again, for his position he needs flexibility, quickness and endurance. All 3 are more common in smaller athletes.

As for some of your other analogies. Boxers who weigh in at 160 and fight at 173 normally weigh 173 and take unhealthy measures to make weight and fight in a lower weight class.

I don't know if it has been mentioned in this thread, but Miller is one of the worst puck handlers playing goalie in the NHL today. His "clears" touch an opposing player more often than they are picked up by a teammate. It has been a maddening aspect of his game for me. I like Ryan and hope we extend him, but I'm not sure how much better at that he'll ever be. If he doesn't have that aspect of his game by now I have to wonder if it will always be a liability in his game. He has great reflexes and can read plays well but he certainly has made his share of critical mistakes to contribute to this disappointing season.

I think he went from a 6 million dollar goalie to a 4 million, personally.

Call Carl Russo

As for Miller.....I have a lot better understanding of him. Now you know why he wears a part in the middle of his head.

I know some people don't like me here, pretty much because I've been arrogant in calling the demise of this organization.....but you have to admit, I've been right many times on things people have called me idiot, mental midget, etc for...and you can laugh all you want, but I just shake my head in the end. I guess I should know better than to expect unbiased analysis of a team that everybody is a fan of. I am used to not letting emotions get to me on the stuff I care about, because I have to. I guess I should be smart enough by now to know that people don't want to know the truth, because it is much better to live in ignorant bliss.

If I wanted to be a troll, I'd do it on a Miami Dolphins board. Miller is a nice guy, so I guess there is no good in bringing up something personal about him. Continue on with other important topics of conversation.

Congratulations, you are one step closer to being a TRUE Sabre fan, only 11 steps to go...

Congratulations, you are one step closer to being a TRUE Sabre fan, only 11 steps to go...

Actually...Draner's theory is going to have me looking at Miller with a doghead tilt for years to come. :lol: I read the link he posted and I've been wondering if Ryan didn't get enough "tummy time" as an infant...notice he doesn't sprawl head first as much as Hasek.....maybe he's got something.

I don't know if it has been mentioned in this thread, but Miller is one of the worst puck handlers playing goalie in the NHL today. His "clears" touch an opposing player more often than they are picked up by a teammate. It has been a maddening aspect of his game for me. I like Ryan and hope we extend him, but I'm not sure how much better at that he'll ever be. If he doesn't have that aspect of his game by now I have to wonder if it will always be a liability in his game. He has great reflexes and can read plays well but he certainly has made his share of critical mistakes to contribute to this disappointing season.

I think he went from a 6 million dollar goalie to a 4 million, personally.

So if the they make the playoffs after this win, I guess he's worth at least two million more ( 2 home playoff games times $1 million for those playing at home)

Additionally, while his puck handling skill are average, most goalies aren't like Brideur, Dipietro , Turko or Mike Smith who may be the best.

Miller's main goaltending flaw is too much talking and not enough routine puck stopping.

If he played consistently as well as he'd talked in interviews, he'd be right up there with Luongo and Brodeur.

The guy has ability, just not the consistency and really hasn't been helped out by his porous team's defence.

I'd bet some of that equipment is pretty rank at this point in the season...maybe he uses a lot of Freddie FreshPucks...

nice..... forgot about those, and don't forget he is a bad goalie because ummmm he talks too much and stuff..... but flawed or not, in crunchtime last night during the shootout he did what was needed to win..... thats what a big time player does

nice..... forgot about those, and don't forget he is a bad goalie because ummmm he talks too much and stuff..... but flawed or not, in crunchtime last night during the shootout he did what was needed to win..... thats what a big time player does

The talking wouldn't be a problem if only he could look people in the eye when he talks to them.

The talking wouldn't be a problem if only he could look people in the eye when he talks to them.

yea thats true..... i wonder if that bothers all of the reporters when they try and interview... maybe they have to tilt their heads to look at him in the eye

Those FreshPucks were awful. Frigging urinal cakes for the hockey bag.

Remember when we all used to talk about how he was a team leader and should be captain (if the league would allow it) because he was always vocal?

Remember when we all used to talk about how he was a team leader and should be captain (if the league would allow it) because he was always vocal?

sorry i should have been more clear, that was totally all sarcasm

Archived