Cane hate?

inkman

Order of hate:

1. Leafs because of arrogant players who are whiners and punks and fans who come into our house with their cocky attitudes

2. Flyers because they are a team of punks whose fans just suck and have no class

3. Bruins because of how many times they broke my heart in the 80's.

4. Tie between Canes and Sens just due recent playoff losses

I don't like Pittburgh or New Jersey either because we never play well against them on a year-to-year basis.

Not to mention, I hate teams that dive. And Carolina does have a real problem with baiting calls.

I'll never forget when they miked Marty on the bench during the ECF two years ago. When Staal skated by him for a faceoff after diving to draw a penalty, Marty jabbered, "What's the matter, Staal, can't stay on your feet? What happened there?"

What's up with all the political rhetoic? We get it. You are a right wing, Jeebus loving 'Merican. Next topic already.

Right wing? Well, you know what they say: RUSH IS RIGHT! :P

Jeebus? I didn't know there was someone named Jeebus? Say, wasn't he brought up by the Simpsons. Must be a character on that show like Ned Flanders' late wife. (As it is, I don't watch that show. About as fit for the dung heap as Family Guy. Saw it once, didn't care for it whatsoever.)

As for Jesus, He's still alive...

Political rhetoric? It was meant as a joke. Just don't get any B.O. on you.

Jeebus? I didn't know there was someone named Jeebus? Say, wasn't he brought up by the Simpsons. Must be a character on that show like Ned Flanders' late wife. (As it is, I don't watch that show. About as fit for the dung heap as Family Guy. Saw it once, didn't care for it whatsoever.)

Here I was, doing such a good job of ignoring the political stuff - and you had to go and insult Family Guy. Family Guy. Well fella, them's fighting words. :angry:

I'll never forget when they miked Marty on the bench during the ECF two years ago. When Staal skated by him for a faceoff after diving to draw a penalty, Marty jabbered, "What's the matter, Staal, can't stay on your feet? What happened there?"

:lol: I remember seeing that on YouTube. Marty's always had a habit of talking smack. I wonder if he got it from Matthew Barnaby.

BTW, here's a write-up on Eric Staal. I was surprised when I read about this: http://www.hockeyministries.org/index.php/news

Note: Scroll down to this section -- HOCKEY MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL - NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE

2008 ATLANTA ALL-STAR BREAKFAST STORY AND PHOTOGRAPHS

Here I was, doing such a good job of ignoring the political stuff - and you had to go and insult Family Guy. Family Guy. Well fella, them's fighting words. :angry:

Oh, well. Don't take any more offense to it, or the Sabres won't have any more goal scorers left.

I know, he picks apples down the road from me. :ph34r:

I see that you have conformed Him to your own "image" (so to speak)...

Unless, of course, you're talking about the migrant workers who can't speak English. In that case, they don't pronounce Jesus the same way it's done in English.

Holy crap you're annoying.

I see that you have conformed Him to your own "image" (so to speak)...

Unless, of course, you're talking about the migrant workers who can't speak English. In that case, they don't pronounce Jesus the same way it's done in English.

Seeing as my company employs the largest number of hispanic workers in the area, I think I may know a thing or two about Jesus'. You say it like you've never met or talked to anyone named Jesus.

BTW, that whole Obama/Abomi Nation that you obviously hi-jacked from faux news, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Ann Coulter or whatever right wing pundit that you worship; isn't funny. I know very little about Obama but when I see people like you push your agendas in forums like these, it only pushes me toward that candidate. You'd be better off leaving that #%^$#! alone, letting the masses sleep and not stir them up to vote. I for one would not have voted in my local elections last fall because I was going to be out of town on a business trip. Then I started getting these annoying phone calls about terrorists with drivers licenses. Next thing you know I'm filling out my absentee ballot because these a-holes were the thorn in my side that spurned me into opposing whatever agenda they represented.

I was stationed at Cherry Point, NC (130 East of Raleigh) when we played the Canes in the Conference Finals. I had some friends that went to one of the games in Raleigh, and they said that the Canes' fans were real a--holes, and he overheard one of the cops tell some Buffalo fans "go back home and take your Mighty Taco with you".

I hate the Caps as well. I went to Game 2 of the Conference Finals in 98'. After the game, this idiot in a full-sized Chevy SUV saw me in my Sabres jersey, and purposely cut me & my wife off the road (while he had his little kid in the truck). Great fans in DC too! Both the Caps & Canes fans SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

Seeing as my company employs the largest number of hispanic workers in the area, I think I may know a thing or two about Jesus'. You say it like you've never met or talked to anyone named Jesus.

BTW, that whole Obama/Abomi Nation that you obviously hi-jacked from faux news, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Ann Coulter or whatever right wing pundit that you worship; isn't funny. I know very little about Obama but when I see people like you push your agendas in forums like these, it only pushes me toward that candidate. You'd be better off leaving that #%^$#! alone, letting the masses sleep and not stir them up to vote. I for one would not have voted in my local elections last fall because I was going to be out of town on a business trip. Then I started getting these annoying phone calls about terrorists with drivers licenses. Next thing you know I'm filling out my absentee ballot because these a-holes were the thorn in my side that spurned me into opposing whatever agenda they represented.

Chill out, inky!

Both lefties and righties get ragged on by all the comics. Have you not heard of such a thing as "play on words?" That's why I made jokes about "Obama-Nation" and "B.O." They were meant as jokes. If you can't take a joke (while dishing them out at the same time), then I have to wonder where your maturity level is.

Now, since I may have to explain myself, let me lay down some things: To me, Bush is to the Republican Party what Carter was to the Democratic Party. I voted for Bush once, not twice. (I went with the Constitution Party in 2004). The fact that OPEC recently told Bush that he is mismanaging his own country had to say something.

As for Fox News, I don't listen to them. Sometimes, I listen to Headline News on XM Radio. In either case, I want to say, "Rosebud" to both Ted Turner and Rupert Murdoch. (I get most of my news from www.onenewsnow.com)

I can respect that you have a faith based life. I don't agree with much of it but you are grounded in something and for the most part it is positive.

Thanx.

As the old saying goes to those who are in the "invisible church," there is one body buy many parts.

And, my apologies for questioning your maturity. I know things can get a little heated in here sometimes. There are other fans here who get very passionate about their team. If things get out of hand, I do what I can to back off while the other warring parties go after each other's throats.

I hate the Caps as well. I went to Game 2 of the Conference Finals in 98'. After the game, this idiot in a full-sized Chevy SUV saw me in my Sabres jersey, and purposely cut me & my wife off the road (while he had his little kid in the truck). Great fans in DC too! Both the Caps & Canes fans SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

Never made the trip down to Raleigh for a game but it's the rare occasion I miss a Caps game. I was of the opinion that most Caps fans didn't have the "enthusiasm" to pull something that stupid. Glad he didn't hit you though.

In my experience, the only a-holes I've run into in DC, sadly enough, are fellow Sabres fans. As for me, I'm big enough to defend myself quite well, but I don't look for trouble - I cheer for my team and avoid cheering against theirs - my attitude is such that I am a guest in their house, after all.

As for the 'Canes, I dislike them for bouncing us out of the ECF almost as much as I dislike their coach, but I don't hate them. My most hated list:

1. Torontah - You'd think they'd have won the Cup 25 years straight given the way the (Ontario) media and fans act. And they still have Darcy Tucker...

2. Boston - This one goes back over 20 years and needs no explanation. Also, Brickley's annoying accent gives me suicidal tendencies.

3. Ottawa - Playoff rivals and someone tell me why Heatley isn't in jail for vehicular manslaughter.

4. Filthadelphia - Same reasons as you, a-hole fans, a-hole management, and they denied us our first Cup 33 years ago.

5. TIE: Harford, Quebec, and Winnipeg - For losing their teams, I miss the Nords, Whale, and Jets...

I was stationed at Cherry Point, NC (130 East of Raleigh) when we played the Canes in the Conference Finals. I had some friends that went to one of the games in Raleigh, and they said that the Canes' fans were real a--holes, and he overheard one of the cops tell some Buffalo fans "go back home and take your Mighty Taco with you".

Hey, Mike.

Back around Christmas 2003, my wife and I went to a Sabres/Caps game in downtown DC. As we were riding up the escalator, a man and his kid were on the opposite side of us. The kid asked his father, "Dad, why are there so many of their fans here?" The guy responded with a sarcastic tone in his voice, "That's because their football team isn't going to the playoffs."

Had I thought about it at the time, I would have said, "Neither are the Redskins."

BTW, Sabres won that game 3-1 with Mika Noronen in goal.

[useless trivial information: we were sitting up in the nosebleeds.]

Ditto. If you had to live amongst these team swapping fans otherwise known as "caniacs" during the 2006 playoffs I promise they'd be at or near the top of your list as well.

Went to Game 5 in 2006 and just went to the 4-3 OT loss last weekend. Seeing all the Sabres fans in the arena and at the bars before and after the game, I had a blast. I felt a (very) little sorry for the Canes fans, thinking it must suck spending all that money on tickets and still be surrounded by so much of the opposition. My buddy that lives in Raleigh and is a Leafs fan quickly corrected me....they deserve no such sympathy. I hope they meet in the playoffs, somehow.

Archived