Cane hate?

inkman

Went to Game 5 in 2006 and just went to the 4-3 OT loss last weekend. Seeing all the Sabres fans in the arena and at the bars before and after the game, I had a blast. I felt a (very) little sorry for the Canes fans, thinking it must suck spending all that money on tickets and still be surrounded by so much of the opposition. My buddy that lives in Raleigh and is a Leafs fan quickly corrected me....they deserve no such sympathy. I hope they meet in the playoffs, somehow.

Did you rape and pillage? They hate it when we do that.

Living down here in Raleigh, I used to like the Hurricanes until the '06 series. I went to several of the games and the fans were absolutely terrible to us. They made it sound like the Sabres fans were the ones cursing and throwing things, but I witnessed a lot more from the Canes fans. During game 5, I actaully had to put my jacket over my head because of things flying down towards us.

Still I hate Ottawa and Philly more, but Carolina is right up there with them. I think it may be hard for some people to understand if they did not attend any of the games down here during that series.

Both lefties and righties get ragged on by all the comics. Have you not heard of such a thing as "play on words?" That's why I made jokes about "Obama-Nation" and "B.O." They were meant as jokes. If you can't take a joke (while dishing them out at the same time), then I have to wonder where your maturity level is.

Wow, that's funny. You make a grade school level joke like that and then question someone else's maturity level? Smooth.

Never made the trip down to Raleigh for a game but it's the rare occasion I miss a Caps game. I was of the opinion that most Caps fans didn't have the "enthusiasm" to pull something that stupid. Glad he didn't hit you though.

In my experience, the only a-holes I've run into in DC, sadly enough, are fellow Sabres fans. As for me, I'm big enough to defend myself quite well, but I don't look for trouble - I cheer for my team and avoid cheering against theirs - my attitude is such that I am a guest in their house, after all.

As for the 'Canes, I dislike them for bouncing us out of the ECF almost as much as I dislike their coach, but I don't hate them. My most hated list:

1. Torontah - You'd think they'd have won the Cup 25 years straight given the way the (Ontario) media and fans act. And they still have Darcy Tucker...

2. Boston - This one goes back over 20 years and needs no explanation. Also, Brickley's annoying accent gives me suicidal tendencies.

3. Ottawa - Playoff rivals and someone tell me why Heatley isn't in jail for vehicular manslaughter.

4. Filthadelphia - Same reasons as you, a-hole fans, a-hole management, and they denied us our first Cup 33 years ago.

5. TIE: Harford, Quebec, and Winnipeg - For losing their teams, I miss the Nords, Whale, and Jets...

I agree with your hated list. I add on the cheap hit that O'Neill delivered to Drury last year to the Ottawa list.

Wow, that's funny. You make a grade school level joke like that and then question someone else's maturity level? Smooth.

Word to the wise: stay out of this. That was between me and inkman, and it was already resolved.

Hey, Mike.

Back around Christmas 2003, my wife and I went to a Sabres/Caps game in downtown DC. As we were riding up the escalator, a man and his kid were on the opposite side of us. The kid asked his father, "Dad, why are there so many of their fans here?" The guy responded with a sarcastic tone in his voice, "That's because their football team isn't going to the playoffs."

Had I thought about it at the time, I would have said, "Neither are the Redskins."

BTW, Sabres won that game 3-1 with Mika Noronen in goal.

[useless trivial information: we were sitting up in the nosebleeds.]

That would have been a good comeback. My wish for the future, the Bills beating the Giants in the Superbowl, so idiot Rangers fans can quit chanting "Wide Right", and the Sabres beat the Caps in the playoffs. The Caps/Skins fans can rag on us all they want, but at least any of our coaches didn't get a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty in the last minute of the game to make the game winning FG that much closer. I'm glad we have continually beat the Canes' since we lost to them in the Conference Finals, hopefully we'll meet up again in the playoffs and beat them.

I'll never forget when they miked Marty on the bench during the ECF two years ago. When Staal skated by him for a faceoff after diving to draw a penalty, Marty jabbered, "What's the matter, Staal, can't stay on your feet? What happened there?"

Man, the bitching that goes on from Canes fans about this very topic. They were all making snide comments about how "classy" our guys were after that. Ah well, at least we shut them the hell up Friday night...

I'll never forget when they miked Marty on the bench during the ECF two years ago. When Staal skated by him for a faceoff after diving to draw a penalty, Marty jabbered, "What's the matter, Staal, can't stay on your feet? What happened there?"

Just found that little nugget for everyone to laugh at.

EDIT: This ones actually better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNc5y2wpw1Y...feature=related

1- Ottawa. A division rival that we always beat the #%^$#! out of until they started playing dirty. We've smashed them in the playoffs so many times, it was infuriating to watch them take even one series against us. I respect their new-found high-level of play, but their continuing history of choking HUGELY will outlive that. It was healing to see them get smashed 4-1 by the Ducks last year to lose the Cup. I won't forget that one of their fans kicked one of our woman fans in their building. Best memory: Captain Alfredsson getting torched by Pominville for the OT winner.

2-Carolina. I've never encountered a more hockey-uneducated fan base that roots for a (Applebee's-like [thank you for this]) soulless franchise. They've watched their lucky #%^$#!ing team (I say lucky, because they beat teams that played far better than them in those contests) go so far in the playoffs without truly having the history or sense of how difficult and special it was to do so. The fans are a joke; they get outdone by Sabres fans each and every Sabres game they host at home (same with Capitals; keep it up down there). They embody everything that's wrong with the TV market-driven economics of the NHL. I can't wait for this team to spend 15 years in the standings toilet and then get bought and moved to Canada. Best memory: After the losing the playoff series and a losing an October 6-2 loss in Carolina, Sabres trash the Canes in Buffalo 8-1 on 12/1/07.

3- Toronto. Yeah they're our "biggest rivalry," but their fans aren't huge whiners (not in comparison to Philly or Montreal, anyways), they're knowledgeable and passionate fans. They've been eating a #%^$#! sandwich for a few years now, and with our record on them lately, I just laugh at the incompetence throughout the organization. That said, I met a Leafs fan the other day (which is an oddity in Madison, WI), and while we agreed on our love of the NHL, I couldn't even look at her mouth after she divulged she was a lifelong Leaf blower. Favorite memory: (more recent) McCabe own goals it to give Sabres the 5-4 OT win after being down 1-4 after 2.

4- Philadelphia. Post-Lindros, they were kidding themselves with the buy buy buy off season tactics. They built a slow team with no goaltending, and would occasionally put up a good record, but I could only laugh when they got matched against us in the early playoff rounds; they were automatic early golfers. Then the "new NHL" came, and they were done for. Their fans are classless ass clowns, and deserved the team they got last year. Best memory: 8-0 series clinching win at home over Flyers in 2001. Bonus: I found a Lindros jersey in the trash at HSBC after the game. (close second: Shields v. Snow)

Word to the wise: stay out of this. That was between me and inkman, and it was already resolved.

Not true, you ran your mouth at me too. I however, am not as amicable as Inky may be. I will strike back at a my convenience. Ezekiel 25:17

*insert evil laughter here*

Not true, you ran your mouth at me too. I however, am not as amicable as Inky may be. I will strike back at a my convenience. Ezekiel 25:17

Reminds me of every trip I take to the ATM, when it asks "English or Espanol" and I say to myself "English Motherfukr do you speak it?"

Here are the only two cents you will hear from regarding anything political..Call me whatever you want its only an opinion but how can anyone in America vote for a man with the name Obama????? Lets go Sabres

How can anyone for for a man named Hillary? :unsure:

They've watched their lucky #%^$#!ing team (I say lucky, because they beat teams that played far better than them in those contests) go so far in the playoffs without truly having the history or sense of how difficult and special it was to do so.

Right, because the area has more National Championships than you can count, they must not exist.

What?! I looked back at what I wrote. I don't see how anything I wrote to you compares to the tit-for-tat that went on between me and inky.

But since you have to put a Bible verse in there, I'm not :worthy:

A hate thread 3 pages long for a team in another division. We must be doing something right! :D

Hmmm. You guys come to the Hot Sauce Blue Cheese Arena two times this season, and can only manage a safety, when we can manage two touchdowns, an extra point, and a two point conversion.

Now, InRodWeTrust, who must have been doing something right this year?

Even when we came to your barn this year, we didn't get clobbered like that.

Archived