Pronger Stomp, NHL will do nothing

millbank

Pronger Stomp

Not a good thing before he got off with little , this time with nothing.

Kesler - one of two Canuck forwards who chased down the puck behind the goal line - collided with Pronger along the boards and fell, and the Ducks captain appeared to deliberately step on him. Kesler did not suffer any injuries from after the incident.

"He stomped on me," Kesler told reporters after the game. "He got me on the calf."

Yep. The NHL just confirmed the same BS we've known all along - there is one rule book/disciplinary system for stars, and another for everyone else.

How is that any different from what Simon did to Ruutu?

Every video I've seen of that has been horrible. Its next to impossible to tell the timing of things because of that crappy zoom and reverse thing they keep doing. I still can't tell if the stomp is before or after Kessler slashes at his ankle. Did he connect? These stations need to run a straight replay instead of all the editing they're doing.

Clearer Video Reveals Stomp

NHL to review again......

Busted!

Thanks Mill!

Did you catch the pronger vid comments... He looks guilty as sin! Worse than when my 9 year old son gets busted for doing some sibling rivalry BS to his 5 year sister!

Wow... What guilty looking child he (Pronger) is!

They threw the book at Simon, now throw the book at this petulant puke!

Clearer Video Reveals Stomp

NHL to review again......

Well if the a-holes got it right the first time they wouldn't have to review again. A stomp with a blade attached to your foot is still a stomp, whether it's Pronger or Simon. More proof of what a joke the league is. I have never heard of this happening in any other league "reviewing again". Idiots.

Un Believable and they wonder why people trying to learn about the sport are not interested or wouldn't be attracted to it.. Add to that all the interference, cheap shots and inconsistency with officiating again and this will always be a niche sport with only the hockey affinity types...

What Pronger did is despicable. He should be suspended for a while, and it's unfair if he's not. Having said that, Ryan Kesler is by no means innocent. He's also a dirty, diving player himself. And, if you watch the replay carefully, he's holding Pronger's skate between his two legs. There's a theoretical argument that Pronger was just trying to get untangled from Kesler and accidently stepped on him, but I think the video clearly shows intent. Either way, Pronger deserves a suspension. But, because I have him on my fantasy hockey team, I'd prefer nothing beyond next week.

Ok Pronger's a tool. I don't like him either. That said, was he intending to injure? I don't think much will come from this, honestly. I'd like to see him made an example of, but I think there's just enough question (even in the new video) to only land him a few games, if any.

I really wish that they'd settle this stuff with a roshambo match between the offending player and Gary Bettman. If the offender wins, he stays. If Bettman wins, career banning. Then we'll see who's really tough.

$609,756.08 fine and he's out to April 5 with an 8 game suspension.

That sounds about right.

Just to be clear, that's $609,756.08 in forgone salary for the 8 games suspension (i.e., he was suspended without pay for 8 games, but there was no additional fine.)

$609,756.08 fine and he's out to April 5 with an 8 game suspension.

That sounds about right.

That's a hefty chunk of change, especially since he lives in SoCal. Nothing is cheap over there. (And I thought it was bad in NYS.)

Archived