Todd Fedoruk Needs A New Job

connee

Is it me or does Peters get beat every night, is anyone keeping score out there? He looks like a fool sometimes, and last night didnt he get an extra instigator? Moron :thumbsup:

I won't complain about anyone who would actually be willing to go toe-toe with Brashear, that takes some balls

Peters is usually a really good fighter, last night was not one of those times, but he was facing one of the best. That fight did get the crowd going pretty good, and after it the Sabres did start pplaying a bit better, they were very ugly looking early on

I won't complain about anyone who would actually be willing to go toe-toe with Brashear, that takes some balls

Peters is usually a really good fighter, last night was not one of those times, but he was facing one of the best. That fight did get the crowd going pretty good, and after it the Sabres did start pplaying a bit better, they were very ugly looking early on

Good post, and I agree on all counts.

And for the record, I don't think Peters got an instigator - he did get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, but no 10-minute misconduct penalty. So he must have done something else or said something on the way to the box to earn the extra 2...

Course it would be nice if Rayzor would have found out what he got the extra two for, seeing as he is so close to the action...

I agree on another thread that Kaleta would be alot more effective in that slot in the lineup. Kaleta is a great bodychecker, that would be just as effective to me getting everyone fired up when he is on the ice without drawing a penalty and keeping the plays alive.

The funniest thing about this fight was listening to Fedoruk try to save face afterwards. I believe I read a quote something along the lines of "he knocked me out on the way down" -- implying that there was some sort of extra cheap-shot.

Umm, no, Todd -- you were knocked out by a hard, straight right hand -- while you were standing.

Pwned is right.

And for the record, I don't think Peters got an instigator - he did get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, but no 10-minute misconduct penalty. So he must have done something else or said something on the way to the box to earn the extra 2...

I'm guessing that Peters got the penalty for dropping his gloves early again, just like against Atlanta last Sunday. The only difference was Brashear finally decided he wanted to go...

I agree on another thread that Kaleta would be alot more effective in that slot in the lineup. Kaleta is a great bodychecker, that would be just as effective to me getting everyone fired up when he is on the ice without drawing a penalty and keeping the plays alive.

We can go back & forth on this for weeks - Kaleta and Peters bring different things to the lineup. Kaleta is not an enforcer/goon/fighter (whichever term you prefer.) A more realistic and effective comparison would be Kaleta taking Mair's spot - Mair is supposed to be the high-energy, physical guy but has slacked off quite a bit in those areas this year.

As much as Peters is unable to do, he needs to be in the lineup when other teams are going to dress guys like Parker, Brashear, Laraque...

Peters in an interview last night said his strategy is to use his reach in a fight. He wasn't able to do that against Brashear and Brashear got the better of him.

Peters has gotten into a lot of fights against some of the NHL's best fighters, and after watching Fedoruk get lit up, I'm not going to criticize a strategy that has kept him out of the hospital.

I'm guessing that Peters got the penalty for dropping his gloves early again, just like against Atlanta last Sunday. The only difference was Brashear finally decided he wanted to go...

I think there was something else. If that was the case, it should have been an instigator penalty, not a 2-minute unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

jad - good points. I mentioned in the GD thread that I was impressed that he got back up two, three times and kept going, when he could easily have packed it in and called for the linesmen...

I know I have been on the anti-Peters side, but seeing as the rest of the league hasn't done away with using goons regularly, the Sabres need someone to keep the Parkers, Belaks, McGrattons in check...

I know I have been on the anti-Peters side, but seeing as the rest of the league hasn't done away with using goons regularly, the Sabres need someone to keep the Parkers, Belaks, McGrattons in check...

Thats why I usually defend him in all the posts where everyone tries to run him out of town. There is a need for him with the way the game is today, and for the amount he's making, why is it such a problem to have him on the team? When needed he steps in and puts his health on the line in a fight, when he's not needed, he takes his place in the Press Box without a fight. He seems to be a very nice guy, and a team player who won't stir up crap in the locker room (and the team loves him)

Thats why I usually defend him in all the posts where everyone tries to run him out of town. There is a need for him with the way the game is today, and for the amount he's making, why is it such a problem to have him on the team? When needed he steps in and puts his health on the line in a fight, when he's not needed, he takes his place in the Press Box without a fight. He seems to be a very nice guy, and a team player who won't stir up crap in the locker room (and the team loves him)

Besides who else is going to be the NHLPA representative for the Sabres? :thumbsup:

You do realize that Boogard is 6'7" 270lbs of a meat grinder, turning peoples faces into hamburger on a regular basis.

That's my point exactly...this fool actually stalked Boogard

Is it me or does Peters get beat every night, is anyone keeping score out there? He looks like a fool sometimes, and last night didnt he get an extra instigator? Moron :thumbsup:

He's good at fighting goalies!

That's my point exactly...this fool actually stalked Boogard

He's good at fighting goalies!

Give it a rest already. He went to Marty's defense and Emery agreed to go before he jumped in.

Peters does what he's hired to do. And he hasn't been near as much of a liability this year.

Remember another very important point..... This guy plays and has to shoot with what must be knuckles of mush from all the helmet/shoulder pad punches. That's not a real easy thing to do.

Archived