Sabres sellout playoff tix instantly

Chief Enabler

There has been alot of discussion about "bandwagon" fans lately, and this news does not implicate that season ticket holders are bandwagon fans.

What is concerning to me is that in this age of ebay/stub hub, season ticket holders are scalping to rival fans namely "Toronto,Montreal" and the only game I went to "Pittsburgh".

My quick story is that I did get my tickets through Stub Hub, in September,( paid $80 each for section 105 ,4 tix) because I knew I was going to be in Buffalo for the holidays (Xmas gift). There were tons of Penguin fans all over our section, which was two rows behind Rob Ray, giving him a hard time.

I wish season ticket holders would support selling to our own!

Rob Ray's big melon in the bottom right.

How exactly should they go about this?

sabrespace.com trading post :D...plug...plug...sabres.com has a resale center rarely used, and the good ol Buffalo News.

There are alot of forums in WNY to recycle tix if you cannot make all the games. I dont want to see it getting to a point of feeling like you are at a road game in HSBC. If you have been to a Toronto game, you know what I am talking about. It is going to be like this for the next couple years now. Me, personnally only will make my one game of the year.

it means, fire up the VW Bus for a road trip if you wanna see any playoff games.

oh, and if we're in carolina, bring your rioting and pillaging gear.

Your damn straight!, on the contrary I am going to as many Sabres road games as possible! :nana:

Whats happening is that these "fans" are buying the Season tickets, and selling 4-5 of the "In demand" games to make back the money through Ebay to pay for their tickets.

If thats what you do, fine, but don't start telling me your a better fan cause you support your team by buying season tickets when your selling them to turn a profit or make your money back

its ok, give it time, If Buffalo does not win the cup, loses Drury and/or Briere or has a mediocre season next year, things will go back to normal and the bandwagon will clear out rather quickly

Your damn straight!, on the contrary I am going to as many Sabres road games as possible! :nana:

last year I went to the Home Opener and 4 playoff games. This year I was lucky to make it to one game by myself (The people at the border look at you funny when you say your going to the game by yourself), The Atlanta game where the winning streak was broken in the shootout, and I am extremly lucky to be going to this fridays game with some tickets from my girlfriends friend (unfortunately they are all Leafs fans except the girlfriend who is trying to stay neutral).

its ok, give it time, If Buffalo does not win the cup, loses Drury and/or Briere or has a mediocre season next year, things will go back to normal and the bandwagon will clear out rather quickly

Bad Bad Bad, think happy thoughts, rainbows, lollipops, and sunshine everywhere!

apuszczalowski is that Polish?

Would it really have killed the Sabres to hold back 200-300 seats to each game for the general public and then limit public ticket sales to 2 per person, 1 game only. This was just a bad decision on the Sabres part. They don't owe it to season ticket holders to allow them to buy "extra" tickets.

PS I am a season ticket holder who shares seats, so don't think I am disgruntled because I won't get to attend any playoff games.

I'm a season ticket holder who splits all the games with 5 other guys. I've had a partial plan or full season tickets for 5 or 6 of the last 10 seasons.

Being that there are 6 guys and 3 seats, we each got 7-8 games this year....and seeing that I'm in Albany, I sold 3-4 games to friends or family and made my money back. However, if I could've unloaded my three tickets to Friday's Leafs game for face value or more, (i sit in 111 and the seats are marked as 100 a pop) i'd do it in a second regardless of team allegiance. Furthermore, I really enjoy a bi-partisan crowd during a regular season game. It makes for a more enjoyable atmosphere. In the playoffs however, i'd rather it be a full Sabres crowd (at HSBC anyway). I'd rather drop that $300.00 toward my playoff tickets than see Friday's game. But, El Crusho REALLY wants to go... so he bought one off of me. hehe.

Things have changed downtown and among Sabres fans in general. If you want to see the team, buy season tickets or travel. Bandwagoners? Could be. I really think the pink hats will disappear when Briere/Drury/any other cute sabre leave the team.

Lets go Sabres!

As others have mentioned, I am not sure if the fans of the Canadian teams have been getting all of their tickets from season ticket holders. If you watch closely on TV, they are always sitting in big groups and in the same spots. That would lead me to believe that there are some group sales.

Absolutely right. It's that one section right behind the glass by the blue line in the zone where the opposition shoots twice. It's no accident. I remember that area being packed full of Pens fans in a game I went to in 99. It's time to blame the Sabres for taking away a bit of home ice advantage, and not the fans. Seriously, Miller gives up a goal to the Habs or Leafs or whoever, looks up to his right, and it's like he's on the road. Ridiculous. I'm just wondering. Now that the demand for tickets is so high, what possible reason would the Sabres have to hold back those seats for group sales next season?

Bandwagoners? Could be. I really think the pink hats will disappear when Briere/Drury/any other cute sabre leave the team.

Lets go Sabres!

Who else do you think is cute? :wub:

Absolutely right. It's that one section right behind the glass by the blue line in the zone where the opposition shoots twice. It's no accident. I remember that area being packed full of Pens fans in a game I went to in 99. It's time to blame the Sabres for taking away a bit of home ice advantage, and not the fans. Seriously, Miller gives up a goal to the Habs or Leafs or whoever, looks up to his right, and it's like he's on the road. Ridiculous. I'm just wondering. Now that the demand for tickets is so high, what possible reason would the Sabres have to hold back those seats for group sales next season?

I'm convinced that a few of the people in that block are the same every game. Eg: The guy with the cell phone who stands up and waives every time the puck goes past his seat.

I'm convinced that a few of the people in that block are the same every game. Eg: The guy with the cell phone who stands up and waives every time the puck goes past his seat.

Everytime i see that guy i scream at my TV "sit down a-hole" the people behind you cant see.

it means, fire up the VW Bus for a road trip if you wanna see any playoff games.

oh, and if we're in carolina, bring your rioting and pillaging gear.

Or Atlanta. This rocks. I can wait for the day of the game I'd argue and pick up tix at Phillips Arena box office. Funny thing, though.... I've seen a *lot* of NY plates around here during the two games I've been to. People actually traveling down here to see these games? West Herr logos and whatnot on the bumpers...

Would it really have killed the Sabres to hold back 200-300 seats to each game for the general public and then limit public ticket sales to 2 per person, 1 game only. This was just a bad decision on the Sabres part. They don't owe it to season ticket holders to allow them to buy "extra" tickets.

PS I am a season ticket holder who shares seats, so don't think I am disgruntled because I won't get to attend any playoff games.

I kindly disagree and I live in NJ and won't get to see any Sabre home playoff games this year b/c they were all bought up by season ticket holders (unless of course the sabres play at NJ then I'll have plenty of chances b/c their rink and fans suck)

but i am totally fine with that. i think season ticket holders who made the upfront investment deserve to be catered to and every opportunity to buy up these tickets.

i do agree with your signature about the logo though! is still sucks!

i dunno im a lil peeved as a mini pack holder of 10 games this year. I spent 400 dollars on my mini pack then forked over a ton to reserve playoff tickets(we dont get season ticket discounts) only to find out i cannot renew my mini pack next year. I think as a returning customer who dropped some serious dough in the past month on playoff tix alone would get a shot to at least get my 10 games again next season.

i feel like writing a strongly worded letter :censored:

i dunno im a lil peeved as a mini pack holder of 10 games this year. I spent 400 dollars on my mini pack then forked over a ton to reserve playoff tickets(we dont get season ticket discounts) only to find out i cannot renew my mini pack next year. I think as a returning customer who dropped some serious dough in the past month on playoff tix alone would get a shot to at least get my 10 games again next season.

i feel like writing a strongly worded letter :censored:

me too! i'm not happy about it either.. i'm def. going to be selling some of these playoff tickets too.. I'm a poor college student

I kindly disagree and I live in NJ and won't get to see any Sabre home playoff games this year b/c they were all bought up by season ticket holders (unless of course the sabres play at NJ then I'll have plenty of chances b/c their rink and fans suck)

but i am totally fine with that. i think season ticket holders who made the upfront investment deserve to be catered to and every opportunity to buy up these tickets.

i do agree with your signature about the logo though! is still sucks!

I 100% agree with this. Fans are nice. Paying customers are nicer. Season ticket holders should always get top priority.

I was surprised it was a first come first serve for season ticket holders. I would have thought it should have been done by seniority. The longest tenured season ticket holders getting first crack. They deserve it.

I 100% agree with this. Fans are nice. Paying customers are nicer. Season ticket holders should always get top priority.

I was surprised it was a first come first serve for season ticket holders. I would have thought it should have been done by seniority. The longest tenured season ticket holders getting first crack. They deserve it.

I realize that, but I'm only talking about a couple of hundred tickets per game. Plus, seeing the people camping out days in advance for tickets(like it was in the mid 70's) makes for a great story on the news.

PS The season tickets holders did get priority...for the seats they had all season long. ;)

I wondered the same thing myself but it hit me that it may be a league mandate. Also, the arena has to save a block of tickets for opposing teams' wives, families and friends too. I doubt the rowdy bunch of "foreigners" are these people (player's families and friends), especially not the guy with the cell phone or the guy that makes wild gestures at the action when he knows the camera is pointed nearby, but you never know.

Another point on this: I think this means that we can expect the sabres to spend close to the cap again next year (and hopefully for the forseeable future). The team is clearly economically viable, even with an increase in ticket prices. I think TG doesn't think he'll ever make much money out of running the team, but he will spend up or close to the cap as long as it doesn't mean he's losing millions per year. I assume that selling out all regular season and playoff games, assuming we make it to, say, the 2nd round of the playoffs, puts us at or slightly above break-even if the payroll is at or close to the cap.

I realize that, but I'm only talking about a couple of hundred tickets per game. Plus, seeing the people camping out days in advance for tickets(like it was in the mid 70's) makes for a great story on the news.

PS The season tickets holders did get priority...for the seats they had all season long. ;)

Yeah a great story. A bunch of people sleeping out then complaining when the tickets are gone 60 seconds after the ticket window opens. With only a 18,000 seat arena you are always going to have people unhappy this time of year.

The Sabres handled this the fairest way possible. If fans really want to go to the game then pony up the cash. Another option, according to Larry Quinn, is to call the afternoon of the game and hope to get hold of some player/opposition returns.

Archived