Sabres sellout playoff tix instantly

Chief Enabler

Would it really have killed the Sabres to hold back 200-300 seats to each game for the general public and then limit public ticket sales to 2 per person, 1 game only. This was just a bad decision on the Sabres part. They don't owe it to season ticket holders to allow them to buy "extra" tickets.

PS I am a season ticket holder who shares seats, so don't think I am disgruntled because I won't get to attend any playoff games.

Actually, because they told STH's they'd do this, they DO owe it to us to do it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see things modified next year, but check your literature. They SAID they would give STH's 1st dibs on playoff tix. How big of a lawsuit for false advertising do you think they'd see if they came up with some other set up this year? I've been a STH for 12 years, and this is the 1st year that I haven't gotten extra seats. It wasn't an issue, at least until the 3rd round, the other 11 years. Actually, I had 2 extra sets of seats 3 years.

They actually took that back. I have season tickets and I was told that they are not allowing even season ticket holders to get any extra seats for the playoffs due to the demand.

Wrong. STH's are getting the extra seats. It's just there are more requests for seats than there are available seats. They didn't take anything back.

Actually, because they told STH's they'd do this, they DO owe it to us to do it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see things modified next year, but check your literature. They SAID they would give STH's 1st dibs on playoff tix. How big of a lawsuit for false advertising do you think they'd see if they came up with some other set up this year? I've been a STH for 12 years, and this is the 1st year that I haven't gotten extra seats. It wasn't an issue, at least until the 3rd round, the other 11 years. Actually, I had 2 extra sets of seats 3 years.

Wrong. STH's are getting the extra seats. It's just there are more requests for seats than there are available seats. They didn't take anything back.

Dave all I'm saying is that to set aside a couple of hundred tickets per game wouldn't have hurt. I wasn't referring to STH policy when I said they don't owe the STH anything. It was just my opinion on how it should be done.

Dave all I'm saying is that to set aside a couple of hundred tickets per game wouldn't have hurt. I wasn't referring to STH policy when I said they don't owe the STH anything. It was just my opinion on how it should be done.

No, it wouldn't have hurt, but I would not have been surprised to see some pinheaded STH try suing the Sabres when he didn't get extra seats and a few hundred went on sale to the general public.

The Sabres are allocating a limited resource in an environment with great demand. There is absolutely no way they could do it without having some miffed individuals.

It'll be interesting to see if STH's lose any additional perks next year.

No, it wouldn't have hurt, but I would not have been surprised to see some pinheaded STH try suing the Sabres when he didn't get extra seats and a few hundred went on sale to the general public.

The Sabres are allocating a limited resource in an environment with great demand. There is absolutely no way they could do it without having some miffed individuals.

It'll be interesting to see if STH's lose any additional perks next year.

I doubt this. In no way are the Sabres going to alienate their season ticket base.

Haven't the Sabres done enough in this regards. They keep the prices competitive and they limited the number off season tickets available for sale. There will always be those who complain.

I doubt this. In no way are the Sabres going to alienate their season ticket base.

Haven't the Sabres done enough in this regards. They keep the prices competitive and they limited the number off season tickets available for sale. There will always be those who complain.

Well, last year I got a Media Guide and extra playoff tix. In the past, they've given STH's extra pairs of tix, 25% off merchandise in December, and a couple of other perks (autographed sticks, glassware, etc.). This year, I'll get a Yearbook and no extra playoff tix.

Limiting the perks will not necessarily alienate the STH's (especially when a LOT of them haven't been STH's in B&R, and even fewer were STH's in the Aud (unlike a few of us :thumbsup: ).

Why not? Right now the Sabres are in a position where they can lose a STH and have another one come right in and happily take their place off the waiting list. Its not like before where they needed to buy off fans with extra perks to buy the ST's. They are high in demand right now, and that puts the Sabres in a position to maximize profit by eliminating perks that were needed to draw in fans before.

And from the sounds of it, they never promised STH that they would get first crack at extra tickets, just that they would get first crack at playoff tickets in general (or to by the tickets for their regular season seats

Why not? Right now the Sabres are in a position where they can lose a STH and have another one come right in and happily take their place off the waiting list. Its not like before where they needed to buy off fans with extra perks to buy the ST's. They are high in demand right now, and that puts the Sabres in a position to maximize profit by eliminating perks that were needed to draw in fans before.

And from the sounds of it, they never promised STH that they would get first crack at extra tickets, just that they would get first crack at playoff tickets in general (or to by the tickets for their regular season seats

Because they're not the Bills and they know how to conduct business. The Sabres are not just selling a playoff run. They are selling next years season tickets as well as the year after and the year after. It's about building that type of relationship that existed with STH's in the 70's and 80's.

The Sabres can't exist with the NFL's "grab every buck while you can" way of doing business. The long term success of the Sabres is in how many of the current season ticket holders are still season ticket holders five or ten years from now. To alienate them at this point is unwise.

Archived