Lindy, TC - Please Stop Teasing

Bmwolf21

Today's Buffalo News:

There are only 11 games and three weeks left in the regular season, but Ruff said that could be plenty of time to get Connolly prepared for game action.

?There?s still a remote chance that he could get back for possibly the last couple regular-season games,? Ruff said. ?I don?t think you can rule that out.?

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting tired of the Sabres teasing us (and the NHL) with the Timmy "will he be back? maybe, maybe not" stuff? I think I would rather have them keep telling us no, not ready yet, until the night he suits up... :wallbash:

Today's Buffalo News:

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting tired of the Sabres teasing us (and the NHL) with the Timmy "will he be back? maybe, maybe not" stuff? I think I would rather have them keep telling us no, not ready yet, until the night he suits up... :wallbash:

I was going to mention the same thing about Goose, I heard or read that somewhere; quote"he is progressing way ahead of schedule and might see action in the second or third rounds"

Lets start with Max, Kotalik and Paille please.....

I really don't htink its teasing... before he had his stress fracture, they teased a few weeks... by all accounts, his concussion symptoms are a complete thing of the past and he probably would have been back in late february or early march. The stress fracture thing is puzzling because 7-10 days turned into 5-6 weeks. Was that yet another misdiagnosis? was lindy honestly teasing us? did connolly fabricate some pain because he's a head case, no pun intended? Who knows... In honesty, if TC's head is ok, his leg is ok, and he begins to skate this week, he can be back for the first or 2nd week of april. Who's to say he's not 90% in game shape just by swimming and doing non-leg related exercises? If lindy wants connolly for the playoffs, he'll have to play him for at least one game in the reg. season, to clear up any LTIR issues that the league may try to impose. Remember, tim connolly at 85% is better than andrew peters at 200%. Where there's smoke, there's fire, and now that lindy has proclaimed TC healthy again, i expect a speedy "recovery".

(it's well established that i have some connections with the sabres organization, but i do not know anything about the connolly situation at all.) With that said, i honestly think that he had a stress fracture that was troblesome for a month, and information is just slow to be released on TC, to avoid any implications of salary cap cheating. The way that the NHL is set up, and the way that regier and ruff do business leads me to believe that he'll either be ready to go or he won't be close by the last week of the reg. season, however, we won't know anything till the day before either way. I predict that the announcement will be made on gameday, if at all, and he'll be a suprise starter for his first game back. There'll be rumors, there'll be smoke, but nothing official will be released till the very last second. This leads me to two conclusions:

1) there'll be a ridiculous amount of drama for about 24 hours surrounding a late reg. season game.

2) Germans love David Hasselhoff.

I agree with the idea that Timmy at 85% (assuming that is what he comes back at) is better than Peters, Mair, MacArthur, Big Al - pretty much half the roster - at 100%. I would love to have him back, I just wish they would stop teasing us and wait until his is really ready to play (or damn close) before telling us "he might come back, still enough time" etc etc.

2) Germans love David Hasselhoff.

post-327-1174234894_thumbjpg

I wonder if Jochen tried out for the German dodgeball team...

I really don't htink its teasing... before he had his stress fracture, they teased a few weeks... by all accounts, his concussion symptoms are a complete thing of the past and he probably would have been back in late february or early march. The stress fracture thing is puzzling because 7-10 days turned into 5-6 weeks. Was that yet another misdiagnosis? was lindy honestly teasing us? did connolly fabricate some pain because he's a head case, no pun intended? Who knows... In honesty, if TC's head is ok, his leg is ok, and he begins to skate this week, he can be back for the first or 2nd week of april. Who's to say he's not 90% in game shape just by swimming and doing non-leg related exercises? If lindy wants connolly for the playoffs, he'll have to play him for at least one game in the reg. season, to clear up any LTIR issues that the league may try to impose. Remember, tim connolly at 85% is better than andrew peters at 200%. Where there's smoke, there's fire, and now that lindy has proclaimed TC healthy again, i expect a speedy "recovery".

<snip>

I thought the part in bold was only an issue if they used TC's salary on other players. The way I understand it, Biron's salry covered Zubus' as well as the callups, and therefore there would be no issue with accusations of "hiding" a player on LTIR.

I thought the part in bold was only an issue if they used TC's salary on other players. The way I understand it, Biron's salry covered Zubus' as well as the callups, and therefore there would be no issue with accusations of "hiding" a player on LTIR.

well, i think you still have to play him at least one game, just so the league can't try anything funny at the last minute.

Today's Buffalo News:

Here here (or hear, hear, I never grasped the difference)!

I've never understood all the intrigue surrounding injuries. Is it really something so ridiculous as not wanting the rest of the East to know Tim's exact status? Silly.

Meanwhile, the fans get treated like the enemy, and that bugs the crap out of me.

Hi X!

Here here (or hear, hear, I never grasped the difference)!

I've never understood all the intrigue surrounding injuries. Is it really something so ridiculous as not wanting the rest of the East to know Tim's exact status? Silly.

Meanwhile, the fans get treated like the enemy, and that bugs the crap out of me.

Hi X!

I hear ya. :lol:

I'm out with an upper body. Too much Jameson and Guinness.

Didn't the NHL say that if he doesn't play before the playoffs he has to sit out the first round?

Since they freed cap space with trading Biron, if/when TC comes back is a non-issue as far as the league is concerned.

The only issue is how much money is left for any of the Rochester guys who might stay up if Connolly does return during the regular season. That really comes down to just one player, Mike Ryan. He has to clear waivers to be sent down. Even if a team wasn't all that interested in him, I could see someone places a claim just to screw us out of one of our depth forwards.

Obviously it's only an issue if there isn't enough cap space. I'm not sure if that would be the case or not.

The only issue is how much money is left for any of the Rochester guys who might stay up if Connolly does return during the regular season. That really comes down to just one player, Mike Ryan. He has to clear waivers to be sent down. Even if a team wasn't all that interested in him, I could see someone places a claim just to screw us out of one of our depth forwards.

Obviously it's only an issue if there isn't enough cap space. I'm not sure if that would be the case or not.

Once again, they DID free enough cap space, so it's a non issue....... :wallbash:

According to the D&C, Ryan does not need to clear waivers to return to Rochester because he is on an emergency recall. The Sabres are allowed only 4 straight recalls after the trade deadline and two are in use for Stafford and MacArthur.

Once again, they DID free enough cap space, so it's a non issue....... :wallbash:

But not enough cap space to keep everyone on the current roster, specifically the Stafford/Paille/Ryan trio. Biron's space is essentially equal to Zubrus + Conklin. That would leave the ~200K of original space plus the Gaustad LTIR relief to cover anyone else they might want to keep on the main roster for the 1 or 2 games left in the regular season.

Of course, this really isn't an issue if...

According to the D&C, Ryan does not need to clear waivers to return to Rochester because he is on an emergency recall. The Sabres are allowed only 4 straight recalls after the trade deadline and two are in use for Stafford and MacArthur.

But wasn't he up with the team before the trade deadline? I guess its possible that they sent him down one day just to get this rule into effect.

Sorry to add to the tease, but there is breaking news on this: he skated today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2804876

Can you see him working the point on the power play? Making magic with Briere? Sliding it across to Big Al right in his wheelhouse? The house snapping to attention when he headmans it out of the zone, building to a roar as he crosses the blue line and then exploding when he undresses a defender and then feeds someone for the tap-in?

Do you believe?

Foolish me. I do.

Sorry to add to the tease, but there is breaking news on this: he skated today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2804876

Can you see him working the point on the power play? Making magic with Briere? Sliding it across to Big Al right in his wheelhouse? The house snapping to attention when he headmans it out of the zone, building to a roar as he crosses the blue line and then exploding when he undresses a defender and then feeds someone for the tap-in?

Do you believe?

Foolish me. I do.

goddamn man that was poetic :worthy:

Archived