Thanks to loosegoose

PASabreFan

loose's signature: "Call me crazy... but i'd pass up a winning lottery ticket for Lord Stanley's Cup for Lindy and the boys"

So let's make this a bit more specific. If you were given one wish, a $300 million lottery ticket or a Stanley Cup for the Sabres, which would you choose?

I'd invest my entire $300 million and invest in the sabres, hsbc arena, and the surrounding land. Then i'd give deluca67 a charity 200 level seat... after all, all former living, non incarcerated owners are welcome in the harbor club 200.

sorry it took me so long to get on this post (since its about me)

i think its pretty obvious what i chose, since i made it up. Then again a 300 mil lottery ticket is quite a bit, i was thinking more like the local buffalo one thats like 6mil

why cant it be one of those $2 ones that pay off for 20 bucks... that would make it a lot easier

i like DeLuca's idea of using the money to buy the sabres and make them win a cup, but i think tommy golisano has more than 300mil to use. Although im sure you would care more about winning than your own money ( i would hope)

thanks to PA for giving me meaningless glory! :thumbsup:

Actually you might walk away with only about 165 million so let's not get too carried away. I would say fu*k the Sabres!!! I want the money. I would buy a golf course and watch all the Maple Leafs and Senators come play in the early spring. The NHL is a money sieve and I would stay away.

Give me the winning lotto ticket, I could probably buy the cup from the league for part of that money and change the name of the freakin cup for that amount, then have my name engraved where ever I wanted it.

Although winning the cup would be cool, It isn't going to keep my family living the good life for generations like having that winning lotto amount in my bank account

I'd take the money, as would everyone else on this board if actually presented with this choice for real.

Sorry, but I just don't believe that anyone would choose otherwise, and if they did I would have to question their sanity.

<----- not sane

actually i think we would all take the money if it was given to us, but the fact that some of us had to make a difficult choice is proof enough that we love our team. i put it there as purely hypothetical as a way to show how much I want this team to win the cup once and for all...

Archived