Rumour - Edmonton and Buffalo talking trade

rickshaw

Some big time movement would have to be made, but can you imagine Ryan Smyth wearing the swords??

Where'd you hear this? Last I heard, Smyth was close to re-signing with the Oilers. Although, I do think he would be the best fit at forward among all those being rumored.

Unless they're shelving Connolly.

Still have to give up a #%^$#! load. Draft picks and prospects wouldn't be enough.

How would everybody feel about losing Max, Stafford and a #1 draft pick because that is what it would take.

Jason Smiths 1.976 million would fit nicely. :D

Still have to give up a #%^$#! load. Draft picks and prospects wouldn't be enough.

How would everybody feel about losing Max, Stafford and a #1 draft pick because that is what it would take.

Not necessarily. The team with a player whose contract is up is dealing from a position of weakness. The Oilers, if they are dead-certain they can't re-sign him, are the team in the weak position. What they can do is hope that teams try to outbid each other to obtain him. I'd hate to lose Stafford but if he and Kalinin or Kotalik was what it took to seal the deal, I just might do it.

Jason Smiths 1.976 million would fit nicely. :D

I'd do it in a heartbeat, though I doubt Edmonton would take Max in return. Their history of trades says prospects and picks. Lots of them. They prefer cheaper veterans to fill space.

I'd kill for Jason Smith. Nasty bastard.

I'd do it in a heartbeat, though I doubt Edmonton would take Max in return. Their history of trades says prospects and picks. Lots of them. They prefer cheaper veterans to fill space.

Salary wise we would need to give up someone unless they don't plan on Connolly coming back, which they should have done eons ago.

I could part with two # 1 picks and Stafford.

Add me to the list of guys who would take Jason Smith in a heartbeat, and I wouldn't be too upset with adding Ryan Smith, either. But I'd have to be absolutely blown away with an offer to consider giving away Stafford.

Archived