Rumour - Edmonton and Buffalo talking trade

rickshaw

Not necessarily, as long as we don't bring in any long term deals with our Biron money we just gave ourselves another 1.6 to help sign those guys.

Granted it'll be tough but we'll be making more moves, if not today in the off-season to make room for some of our Amerks i.e. Stafford.

I just read your signature......very ironic.....my daughter was born at 5pm on that same day....good times!!

One of them is gone anyway, regardless of who comes in.

I've heard Lupul's name thrown around.

Not necessarily

Its possible to sign both and keep them, but it would require dealing away some of the other top guys, like Hecht, Max, Connolly, or Kotalik and filling their spots with Paille, Stafford, etc.

Its possible, but would keeping those 2 together and being younger (and inexperienced) in other areas be worth losing a Max, or Timmy? Or would keeping a Max and Timmy, but losing one of those 2 be less of a hit? After watching some of the youngsters the last couple games, I'm leaning towards the first option

Not necessarily

Its possible to sign both and keep them, but it would require dealing away some of the other top guys, like Hecht, Max, Connolly, or Kotalik and filling their spots with Paille, Stafford, etc.

Its possible, but would keeping those 2 together and being younger (and inexperienced) in other areas be worth losing a Max, or Timmy? Or would keeping a Max and Timmy, but losing one of those 2 be less of a hit? After watching some of the youngsters the last couple games, I'm leaning towards the first option

C'mon. I understand that anything is possible. But think about it. Our team has always been from within 1st. Briere is 5+ now, can you imagine what a team like Montreal or Philly is going to throw at him in the offseason? Drury's doubling his paycheck for around 6+, you're telling me Darcy's going to invest 12 in 2 players? No way. You can believe that, but I'm going to vegas that one of them's gone.

I hope I'm wrong, really. But I can't see it happening.

Yeah, I think Stafford is actually part of the equation this year, not only the future. I'd be more willing to part with someone who is farther away from helping hoise the Cup. Zagrapan? (Of course I haven't seen him, would we be foolish to give him up?)

Saw Zagrapan last week ... you couldn't get a bag of pucks for him right now in my opinion.

C'mon. I understand that anything is possible. But think about it. Our team has always been from within 1st. Briere is 5+ now, can you imagine what a team like Montreal or Philly is going to throw at him in the offseason? Drury's doubling his paycheck for around 6+, you're telling me Darcy's going to invest 12 in 2 players? No way. You can believe that, but I'm going to vegas that one of them's gone.

I hope I'm wrong, really. But I can't see it happening.

Well he has said he wants to bring back both, and I'm sure they would probably be willing to sign 5-6 mil a year deals as long as they are long term. They are both the top players on this team, and losing either will hurt. Thats why like I said, you have to weigh the options. Briere and Drury seem to be more of a team first type guys that are looking for big contracts, but willing to work out deals as long as the get the stability of a long term deal. Investing 12 million in those 2 is not a bad move, If you want to build a winning team.

Well he has said he wants to bring back both, and I'm sure they would probably be willing to sign 5-6 mil a year deals as long as they are long term. They are both the top players on this team, and losing either will hurt. Thats why like I said, you have to weigh the options. Briere and Drury seem to be more of a team first type guys that are looking for big contracts, but willing to work out deals as long as the get the stability of a long term deal. Investing 12 million in those 2 is not a bad move, If you want to build a winning team.

Don't you mean keep a winning team? :)

Archived