Drury sounds OK

topshelfcookies

Said that Drury wanted to return to the game, but the staff wouldn't let him. Lindy did say that he wasn't all there for a couple minutes. Also said that he wasn't sure if he would miss any time.

Ruff said he was kind of "woozy" though. Isn't that an automatic one week injury out as a precaution? That is scary. And that fvckin hit was late and bull sh--!

Ruff said he was kind of "woozy" though. Isn't that an automatic one week injury out as a precaution? That is scary. And that fvckin hit was late and bull sh--!

With concussion situation... Don't you try to keep the patient up and not sleep for a little bit?

Now if Drury has his facilties (unlike me... :bag: :D )... AND isn't "ralphing" all over... That is a pretty good sign!

i don't think that was the case at all. I think he stayed that way just cause he didn't want to bleed all over the place.

With concussion situation... Don't you try to keep the patient up and not sleep for a little bit?

Now if Drury has his facilties (unlike me... :bag: :D )... AND isn't "ralphing" all over... That is a pretty good sign!

It just worried me he even said that. If he was woozie that is a symptom, isn't it? Meaning one week off at least? We have seen this so many times in Buffalo, LaFontaine, Connelly and I hope not now. I like Chris better than even those great players. He is great person and a great player

It just worried me he even said that. If he was woozie that is a symptom, isn't it? Meaning one week off at least? We have seen this so many times in Buffalo, LaFontaine, Connelly and I hope not now. I like Chris better than even those great players. He is great person and a great player

In theory, yes. In practice, maybe. I don't recall Umberger missing 7+days after getting his bell rung to the point he couldn't sit up without help.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Chris on the ice on Saturday. He got up very quickly from a hit that I would have expected to keep him down much longer.

If someone might have the early signs of a concussion, they are suppossed to be kept awake for 24 hours. This is to make sure they don't get sick and choke on their puke and to make sure they don't start falling out like they are tired. I actually had to go through this at one time and it wasn't fun. I think Dru is allright based on his exit from the gym.

In theory, yes. In practice, maybe. I don't recall Umberger missing 7+days after getting his bell rung to the point he couldn't sit up without help.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Chris on the ice on Saturday. He got up very quickly from a hit that I would have expected to keep him down much longer.

for what it's worth - wgrz reports that the doctors told the team late last night that drury had sustained a concussion.

doesn't that trigger a 2-week minimum following a symptom-free 24-hour period, or something like that?

Let's not all jump to horrific conclusions here. Concussions don't always have to be serious is nature. He was able to get off the ice without help, the trainers didn't keep him down on the ice for an extended period, felt good enough that he wanted to return to the game, was out watching the rest of the game with a bandage on his head. I am certainly being optimistic here, but all indications would be that we are talking a couple of games.

As for Drury "being fine" and coming back Saturday, I'm still waiting for Connolly to play in Game 3 against the Sens. That was the word coming out of the Buffalo lockeroom that night.

We have been through this before, haven't we. And beyond the hockey situation I really hope Chris is ok, he isn't just a great hockey player but someone who is an all around great person.

Ice. He was hit on the left of his head, unconscious, helmet off, spun, landed, and the right side of his head banged the ice. That's where the cut was.

You're still the only source I see who has the definitive word on where the cut came from. Do you have access to some video that the rest of us don't?

Let's not all jump to horrific conclusions here. Concussions don't always have to be serious is nature. He was able to get off the ice without help, the trainers didn't keep him down on the ice for an extended period, felt good enough that he wanted to return to the game, was out watching the rest of the game with a bandage on his head. I am certainly being optimistic here, but all indications would be that we are talking a couple of games.

this is exactly where i come out on this on my post under a separate, related thread.

Drury looked ok when he skated off the ice. It was under his own power and he looked aware of everything that was going on. After getting hit from the side/behind like that it will take a minute or two to realize what happen, especially after a guy as big as Neil runs you over. I'm remaining optimistic on this until I hear otherwise.

Nothing has been confirmed yet. Drury did want to get back into the game. That is something I have never heard of before. A player, who had a concussion, able to run into the dressing and want to get back into the game. He also watched the remainder of the game on the bench, but not in uniform.

Archived