Eklund on Kevyn Adams

Samson's Flow

eklund just let out another post, and as usual he threw out another VERY CLOSE player that the sabres are going to acquire. this time its Kevyn Adams, who we would get from Pheonix for undisclosed in return. im guessing a pick or a prospect...

And the Sabres are EXTREMELY close to acquiring Kevyn Adams. One source has told me that he believes the deal could go down in the next day or so.

BREAKING - My sources tell me that the Sabres are VERY CLOSE to re-signing Dominik Hasek in a deal for Biron.

What? It seems like anyone with access to the web can make credible claims about the Sabres signing nearly anyone? Why not me?

no we need marty brouduer as a backup for miller, send em... um... Biron, Peters, and a 4th rounder, that should be good.

its getting pretty rediculous :wallbash:

Rumor has it that the Sabres have signed Doug Flutie.

Screw Doug, lets get Darren, his soon to be CFL Hall of Fame brother

I'd take the Biron for Hasek deal, and as long as he's healthy, I'd be rotating Hasek and Miller for the rest of the season and playoffs. The old man still has it.

As for Eklund, he always says teams are VERY CLOSE and yet nothing happens, So far he has the Sabres VERY CLOSE to getting Roberts, Belfour, Adams, and Fedetenko and yet he hasn't named anyone going the other way. I believe at one point he also said it was a done deal of Belfour/Bertuzzi to Buffalo, right after Darcy sayd they would only be able to trade salary for salary

If these deals happen.... Eklund is gonna be a hockey god in Western NY! lol

Or the same windbag that's been full of #%^$#! throughout his...uh...career, if you can call it that.

Like I and many have said here before, if you throw enough #%^$#! on the wall some of it's bound to stick.

Or the same windbag that's been full of #%^$#! throughout his...uh...career, if you can call it that.

Like I and many have said here before, if you throw enough #%^$#! on the wall some of it's bound to stick.

But if you steal the name of a former goalie, people will believe you. :doh:

I have to admit my ignorance. Who or what is Eklund? How come there's never any mention of who his sources are? If he wants to protect his sources, who might want to remain anonymous, he could say "mid-level front office person," "player agent," "teammate," "figment of my imagination" or whatever. Without that, it seems very shady.

I have to admit my ignorance. Who or what is Eklund? How come there's never any mention of who his sources are? If he wants to protect his sources, who might want to remain anonymous, he could say "mid-level front office person," "player agent," "teammate," "figment of my imagination" or whatever. Without that, it seems very shady.

Ye ask and ye shall recieveth :lol:

Though I promised that I would protect his anonymity if he identified himself, Eklund steadfastly refused to give me anymore information to see if his story checked out -- and that included referring me to anyone else inside the industry who might confim what he had to say.

#%^$#!ing pudsniffer. I hate this full of BS loser.

This one is better yet

This is a new site for me and this Eklund guy is apparently much like Homer Simpson's Mr. X. He has tonnes of rumours and usually they are wrong

Perfect.

Fun with Ekland

Who is Eklund?

Well, he was outted last year by the NY Post?s Larry Brooks, and named as Dwayne Keith Klessel. I was reminded of this today, reading the comments on this Kukla?s Korner posting.

But here is some more info on Dwayne The Man.

First, I believe he drops the Klessel and just goes by ?Dwayne Keith?. And I?m pretty sure these are photos of him.

Plus, here?s an interview his band did with Billboard in 1997. (He says he played street hockey, so perhaps that explains the ?nhl insider? status?! Kidding, I kid?)

Finally, here are the online message forums for his band site, so maybe you should all say ?hi!?

Maybe he?ll let you in on his next ?scoop??

His bands website

Will somone pay me do this this kinda crap? :lol:

That is awesome. Man, talk about a bunch of garbage. I'm embarrased I ever looked at his site. Do#che bag.

The guy was right on a few trades and he's now going to be on SportsNet in canada on their Trade Deadline Day special show.... so yeah, the guy holds come credibility.

The guy was right on a few trades and he's now going to be on SportsNet in canada on their Trade Deadline Day special show.... so yeah, the guy holds come credibility.

So are most people when they throw out names and teams blindly

I would seriously like to see a track record for this guy as to how many of his "inside scoops" have actually happened. I heard he has had 2 correct so far, out of how many? If this guy is over 10% I would be surprised

If this guy was credible, he'd be right more then he was wrong

Most of the info he reports are preliminary talks and he reports them all. Not all negotiations lead to a final deal. I don't think it reflects what he reports.

Example: Darcy calls Jacques Martin to discuss availabilty of Belfour and Roberts. Eklund hears from a source outside of the negotiation who has access to some of the info. He reports it. As he hears more chatter from other sources with stronger ties, the probability of deal becomes larger. Some deals go through and some fall off the table.

Also, it's all for fun. You guys take this way to serious. He reports rumors based on source information. It's not like he sits there and offers up the Andrew Peters for Sidney Crosby trade that the average fan seems to think can actually happen.

If by "source information" you mean "random names pulled out of his ass' then yes, you're right.

Take it too seriously? Look at all the threads started from this guys "sources" in the last few days. It's annoying and that doesn't even get into the fact that these thread titles are beyond misleading.

Archived