GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7pm

Just like october, i can't find a way that they could lose tonight. I hope the 4 day rest got some of the walking wounded better... Teppo sat out of a couple practices, so its safe to assume he's hurting a little... I'm also interested to see how they perform under adversity. Connolly's setback, Gaustad's surgery, the looming trade deadline. These are the underlying stories for tonight's game. Sabres always perform well under pressure, with their backs to the wall, and when they're being counted out. Unfortunately, i can't give an analysis on edmonton. haven't seen them play since the finals last year. Still, i see the sabres winning tonight, hopefully in regulation. Save the OT drama for the playoffs!

Teppo sat out of a couple practices, so its safe to assume he's hurting a little

Teppo appears to be right on schedule in showing signs of wear and tear.

The one legitimate rap I've heard on Lindy over the years is that he effectively treats every veteran player like he's in the mold of Chris Chelios of Marty Brodeur -- i.e., that every guy is some freakish iron man who needs no rest, especially as he ages.

I thought we would've learned this lesson last year. I specifically recall folks (fans, not front office people) talking about how they should bring Teppo back, but do so in a planned James Patrick role -- i.e., plan to sit him for certain stretches and let Paetsch play.

I don't think the cap issues precluded that sort of plan -- I think Lindy just fell into playing Teppo every night, and doing so for ~22 minutes a game. On the one hand, you can't fault Lindy -- Teppo's a terrific and steadying influence on the back line. On the other hand, Lindy's set us up for an inevitable March/April-timed hip/groin/hamstring injury that removes, or reduces, Teppo as part of the post-season picture.

While it's unlikely, any effort to acquire a Sean Hill/Eric Brewer/Aaron Miller seems like a good idea at this point.

Teppo appears to be right on schedule in showing signs of wear and tear.

The one legitimate rap I've heard on Lindy over the years is that he effectively treats every veteran player like he's in the mold of Chris Chelios of Marty Brodeur -- i.e., that every guy is some freakish iron man who needs no rest, especially as he ages.

I thought we would've learned this lesson last year. I specifically recall folks (fans, not front office people) talking about how they should bring Teppo back, but do so in a planned James Patrick role -- i.e., plan to sit him for certain stretches and let Paetsch play.

I don't think the cap issues precluded that sort of plan -- I think Lindy just fell into playing Teppo every night, and doing so for ~22 minutes a game. On the one hand, you can't fault Lindy -- Teppo's a terrific and steadying influence on the back line. On the other hand, Lindy's set us up for an inevitable March/April-timed hip/groin/hamstring injury that removes, or reduces, Teppo as part of the post-season picture.

While it's unlikely, any effort to acquire a Sean Hill/Eric Brewer/Aaron Miller seems like a good idea at this point.

Maybe Teppo sat out a few days so he doesn't get worn down? I think the Olympics and hectic schedule right after wore him down last year. A few days rest here and there should help avoid that.

this was a rough stretch of no hockey. i just cant wait for march when we play every other day. I have no idea what edmonton looks like this year, as they are on the west coast and we dont play them very often, but im sure they dont have a 4 day rest like we do.

verdict : 4-2 sabres

I have no idea what edmonton looks like this year,

Edmonton is Edmonton. I live near Dallas, and my favorite team in the Western Conference is the Red Wings, so I've seen a few Edmonton games. Just like every year, they get off to a slow start, then start overachieving- what the Sabres did last year is pretty much a normal Edmonton season. They are never the best in the West during the regular season, but they are a tough team to face in the playoffs. And this is the part of the regular season where they turn up the gain.

I am hoping for a Sabres win, but they will need to play a little above their level to do so. For Edmonton to win, they will need to play a little above their level as well. Bottom line is that whoever gets up for this game will take it.

I'll go with the good guys, 5-4 SO. Most of the goals will be scored in the 3rd period.

thanks andrew....now u can relax

ok well were not down bad, i just hope they get their shnit together and come out firing...

seems like the puck is bouncing off their sticks when they get a chance, i think max whiffed on two... vanek missed an easy pass, hopefully its just cobwebs..

Archived