GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Cookie monster?

Danny went 'Top Shelf, where Momma hides the cookies' just like Saturday night against the Flames. He must like cookies, hence 'Cookie Monster'. Think of it as RJ saying, "Who else is gonna give you a nickname like that? Stay here, ya midget!" Or something like that.

"At least it didn't go to the shootout. I may be the only guy in america to state this, but i can't stand the shootout. its so anticlimactic."

I agree that shootouts may be anti-climactic. However, the shootout does eliminate ties. Ties stink! Period! Plus, the anti-climactic shootout in the regular season makes the Playoff OT all the better. I don't know about you, but my heart never beats faster than during a playoff OT game. No other sport can capture the emotions of the NHL OT. It is absolutely gut wrenching. Ulcers and heart palpitations be damned!

This was mentioned before, but a 5 minute OT is ridiculously short.

Not if you are playing the next night... Playoff OT works because the teams both get the same amount of rest before the next game.

That hockeybuzz link has been removed... Max broke his wrist- 6 weeks.

it's getting to the most important time of the year, smartass. you know what i meant.

here. let me spell it out more clearly.

this team seems to get injuries as the season nears the playoffs. hopefully max will be back early enough to play some reg season games. hopefully he doesn't heal like tallinder did with his arm.

better?

Wouldn't it be nice if we could play consecutive games without an injury? There comes a point where you can't reload. Just like in last year's playoff run. I'm not there yet, but this is beyond snake bit... Somebody does not like Buffalo.

Archived