Darcy isn't going to do #%^$#!.

inkman

Listening to Darcy yesterday on WGR, he stated that he is extremely pleased with his current defensive core. Given his history, coupled with his recent statements about the return of Tim Connolly, I don't see Darcy doing #%^$#!.

I hope none of you are banking on someone coming in at the deadline, it ain't gonna happen.

Listening to Darcy yesterday on WGR, he stated that he is extremely pleased with his current defensive core. Given his history, coupled with his recent statements about the return of Tim Connolly, I don't see Darcy doing #%^$#!.

I hope none of you are banking on someone coming in at the deadline, it ain't gonna happen.

Being #1 with 78 points. Does anything need to happen?

I'm on the fence right now. The defense is dangerously thin and fragile. If they could somehow get a borderline NHL vet that cold play in Rochester until needed, I wouldn't mind seeing something get done.

Outside of that, I don't see a need for a major shakeup.

I'm on the fence right now. The defense is dangerously thin and fragile. If they could somehow get a borderline NHL vet that cold play in Rochester until needed, I wouldn't mind seeing something get done.

Outside of that, I don't see a need for a major shakeup.

I know Kasperitis is a dirty word. But as a #8 defense man at a discounted price? I wouldn't hate the idea.

I hear the guys on WGR repeat his comment on the blueliners. It was something along the lines of "we know they are good players, that are struggling right now". WTF does that mean? Just because you are in love with the guys you signed, doesn't mean they are going to be money come playoff time. Darcy, please get your head out of the sand and be prepared to make a move at the deadline.

Have you watched them play the past month or 2? Something needs to happen unless the organisation is happy with being this years version of the 2006 Senators. Yes they had a good 2 games Tuesday and Wednesday, but that doesn't mean they are the best team again

Moves need to be made because having 78 points and being #1 in the regular season means nothing when the playoffs start

Have you watched them play the past month or 2? Something needs to happen unless the organisation is happy with being this years version of the 2006 Senators. Yes they had a good 2 games Tuesday and Wednesday, but that doesn't mean they are the best team again

Moves need to be made because having 78 points and being #1 in the regular season means nothing when the playoffs start

What needs to be done? - we have 7 D who can play now. It would be nice to have 10 but please be realistic.

two things - first off, if darcy does have a move in mind, why on earth would he mention it on a sportsradio talkshow? so, hold off on the mood swings until the deadline passes. i'm not saying it means he is going to move, but if he is, he sure as hell isn't going to show his cards with WGR.

second - if darius couldn't cut it with the rangers, why on earth would we want him?

I have a guy in mind for the Sabres:

D Aaron Miller

He is a big tough D man who would bring a little more physical presence to the D corps...would help balance out the entire D unit...

Plus Miller is from Buffalo..maybe the Sabres can get him for a 3rd rounder...Kings are clearly in sell mode...

two things - first off, if darcy does have a move in mind, why on earth would he mention it on a sportsradio talkshow?

Real good point there. Darcy has become a master at talking a lot, but saying nothing. He's always played stuff pretty close to the vest, not really tipping his hand about potential moves, contracts, etc.

That being said, it would not surprise me one bit if the Sabres stood pat at the trade deadline.

...and the "bring every guy from Buffalo back home" trade rumors have begun.

The primary reason I mentioned Miller is because he is a guy that is a good physical stay at home defenseman...something I believe can really help the Sabres come playoff time....the Buffalo reference is just a throw in...but it certiantely is worth mentioning just from the fact he knows the area and might even be excited to play in WNY.

The primary reason I mentioned Miller is because he is a guy that is a good physical stay at home defenseman...something I believe can really help the Sabres come playoff time....the Buffalo reference is just a throw in...but it certiantely is worth mentioning just from the fact he knows the area and might even be excited to play in WNY.

At $2,280,000.00, they would have to give up a roster player, Kotalik comes to mind. <_< He is a stay at home defenseman but his SERIOUS lack of production would be a problem on this team. He played on teams with Sakic, Forsberg, Hejduk, Drury, Foote, Blake, and Tanguay and had a career high of 5 goals. I know his job isn't to score but this team seems to really emphasize puck moving ability by the D.

Mark my words.....we will make a trade with Calgary while they are in town this weekend so Darcy can save the $1200 in airfare it would take to fly the guy in on the Sabres tab.

In a related note, Tommy G. will be stuffing sugar packets and ketchups into his pockets at your nearby Denny's and Perkin's.

Darcy is not going to say anything to reveal his hand. He plays it real close to the vest in an attempt to keep some bargaining power. Having said that (can we shorten that to HST?), I'm not optimistic he'll make a move of much consequence.

But, I'd like to see a rugged forward who can skate added to the mix. I would have liked Avery here. He can score, fight, skate, aggravate. It seems he is no longer a locker-room cancer which is his only liability. Doesn't matter now anyway.

I like the talk of Doan coming here. I'd like Guerin coming here. Heck, even old-man gary roberts would help. Roberts reminds me of Brind'Amour. I don't think he let's the guys take a shift off or a night off if he comes here.

D-man? Even though he hasn't played, I'm sure curious about Brian Leetch. He is still a terrific hockey player. he sees the ice in the same way as Super-mega Stars like Gretzky and Lemieux.

Hockeybuzz says today that the Sabres are interested in Eric Brewer. I wouldn't mind him either.

schoop is talking up a biron move based on reiger interview and maybe yesterday marty gave a little insight in his post game interview when after being asked if he was frustrated by lack of playing time he responded "the 18 game stretch nov/dec was tough but after speaking with front office..and coaching staff we agreed i would like more playing time after the break..." So, maybe something there? Front office and showcase. On the other hand, he also said his painted mask is due in next week.

here's some history courtesy of sabresfans.com

02/98 - sanderson (too bad the trap coincided w/ his prime)

03/99 - STU barnes (for barnaby)

03/99 - Joey Juneau

03/99 - Warrener for Wilson!

01/00 - The man from Vlad

03/00 - Gratton

03/00 - Gilmour and Dumont for Grosek! remember Gilmour getting off the jet in the leather..so glamourous

03/01 - Audette

03/01 - #57 Steve Heinze

03/02 - Corkum

03 - no playoffs

Sold varada, barnes, razor

snagged Briere for Gratton.

04 - just missed playoffs

03/04 - Grier

03/04 - jeff jillson for curtis brown

05 nothing, got rid of mika.

reiger is the best GM in the league. hopefully marty talk is just talk. i like the insurance clause especially the way goalie situation has played out the last two weeks.

Archived