Several Points

bob_sauve28

Briere and Vanek need to stay together. Top point man and top goal scorer need to play together. They make beautiful plays together :wub:

Nathan Patsche is the real deal. I posted before I thought he had potential, now I'm even more sure of that. How old is he? I'd say he has overtaken Kalinin on the depth chart

Marty let in a soft goal

Did anyone see Dary's interview after the game? He is sounding down right optomistic about Connolley returning. He said words to the effect that he would be the best tradeline acqusition we could make. That sounds encouraging.

Nathan Patsche is the real deal. I posted before I thought he had potential, now I'm even more sure of that. How old is he? I'd say he has overtaken Kalinin on the depth chart

I was thinking the exact same thing. Especially after watching Kalinin fumble around with the puck again last night.

Marty let in a soft goal

Yeah, he probably should have had that wrister on the stick side, but you can't blame this loss on him. Like so many games recently, it comes down to just turning the puck over too much. We just don't pass like we used to.

I agree. Paetsch has forced lindy's hand into sitting kalinin and actually using Tree to spell teppo after the all star break. Of course, we shall see what lindy actually does, but i would not object to that scenario.

"Spelling" Teppo is a crock. Either he can play every game, or he can't. A night off here or there in February isn't going to make a lick of a difference in May. Numminen is hitting the old wall, I'm afraid. Once that happens, it's hard to turn back. Done bun can't be undone.

"Spelling" Teppo is a crock. Either he can play every game, or he can't. A night off here or there in February isn't going to make a lick of a difference in May. Numminen is hitting the old wall, I'm afraid. Once that happens, it's hard to turn back. Done bun can't be undone.

Did somebody run over your dog? You are in a very depressing mood!

I know the pickings were slim and Darcy had an unknown in Paetsch and 3 pro hockey rookies in the AHL, but in hindsight signing an aging Teppo for 2.6 mil seems to have been a mistake. I look for Teppo to be gone next year, Paetsch to step into the #6 spot and Sekera to takeover the # 7 spot.

I also wouldn't be surprised(depending on how the rest of the season and the playoffs play out), if Kalinin and/or Spacek weren't shopped in the off-season.

Lydman, Tallinder, Campbell & Paetsch aren't going anywhere.

Who knows, maybe getting a week of rest over the all star break as opposed to playing every other day during the 2 week Olympic break last year will help.

I have a feeling it is Teppo's foot that hasn't healed. He still looks quite nimble - but he was beaten to the corner in both of the last two games, something that never happened last year and didn't happen earlier this season. He is still logging a lot of minutes but that foot needs the rest.

Watching him I really think it is more injury than age.

These theories about our defensive corps are pretty specious, IMHO. While Paetsch does indeed look promising, there is no way he is ahead of Kalinin on the depth chart. Kalinin consistently gets more ice time. He also has been getting more PP and PK time lately. I see no reason to think Lindy is at all down on Kalinin.

And there is no reason whatsoever to conclude that Numminen is going to retire after this year. He had more ice time last night (in the 2nd game of back-to-back games) than any other player except Lydman (and only had 5 seconds less than Lydman).

Why in the world would Teppo retire? He's making $2.6 million to play a game that he presumably loves. He's also playing for a legit cup contender after going his whole career without winning a playoff series -- and in front of rabid, sellout crowds every home game. It's easy to assume that b/c of his age he's close to retirement. But until he starts looking old out there -- and to my eye he doesn't, and I'd guess based on his ice time that the same is true of Lindy's opinion -- there is just no rational reason to think so.

I think we are going to want Teppo back next year and that he is going to want to come back. That will put Paetsch back as the #7 defenseman again -- sitting back and learning the ropes the same way Campbell did. After next year, when Teppo is another year older and Campbell is a UFA, I wouldn't be surprised if Paetsch moved up to the top 6.

This team relies on a veteran, strong-skating, sharp-passing defensive corps. Darcy also is on record as saying that on-the-job training happens in the AHL, not the NHL. I highly doubt they are going to unload Kalinin, Spacek or Teppo in the offseason.

just my opinion.

These theories about our defensive corps are pretty specious, IMHO. While Paetsch does indeed look promising, there is no way he is ahead of Kalinin on the depth chart. Kalinin consistently gets more ice time. He also has been getting more PP and PK time lately. I see no reason to think Lindy is at all down on Kalinin.

Lindy might not be down on him but the rest of us are. I believe that was the intent of whichever poster you were interpreting.

And there is no reason whatsoever to conclude that Numminen is going to retire after this year. He had more ice time last night (in the 2nd game of back-to-back games) than any other player except Lydman (and only had 5 seconds less than Lydman).

Why in the world would Teppo retire? He's making $2.6 million to play a game that he presumably loves. He's also playing for a legit cup contender after going his whole career without winning a playoff series -- and in front of rabid, sellout crowds every home game. It's easy to assume that b/c of his age he's close to retirement. But until he starts looking old out there -- and to my eye he doesn't, and I'd guess based on his ice time that the same is true of Lindy's opinion -- there is just no rational reason to think so.

He won't be making 2.6 million next year, and he will be a year older.

as much promise as paetsch may show, hes only played a handful of games at the nhl level. moving him up and getting rid of one of our vet d-men may sound nice, but if it doesnt work out the management will be a total goat and get ripped a new one for messing with what worked (we do have 70 pts at the break) :doh:

as much promise as paetsch may show, hes only played a handful of games at the nhl level. moving him up and getting rid of one of our vet d-men may sound nice, but if it doesnt work out the management will be a total goat and get ripped a new one for messing with what worked (we do have 70 pts at the break) :doh:

I don't think moving anyone was discussed but even if, I believe moving Paetsch into the # 6 role and rotating whoever is sucking isn't a bad idea. Although financially it could make your organ-eye-zation look kinda foolish.

Lindy might not be down on him but the rest of us are. I believe that was the intent of whichever poster you were interpreting.

He won't be making 2.6 million next year, and he will be a year older.

I'm confident he'll be making at least 2.25 million, and playing for the Sabres. It's most likely he'll be making the same $2.6 million he's making now.

Archived