OMGWTF Mike Robataille??!!??

Doohickie

I've been diggin' the MSG coverage- great people all around. I like Mike Robataille just fine, but....

What's going on with him lately? Is he ready to burst an anurism, or what? I mean, he seems seriously pissed a LOT of the time lately. :o

I really don't like that guy. He must be impossible to work with. Can't see why the keep him

That is the fun of watching Roby, controlled rage on the verge of exploding at nobody in particular.

I don't even think he knows why.

Exactly X!

Not to hijack the thread... But... The "Robyisms" through the years are great...

"He's on the roof looking for his jock."

"Buggy whipped"

And some many more classics!

I remember a few years back, last game of the year, I think, against the Capitals. This would have been right around the time the Sabres had Nolan as coach. The Capitals and Sabres had a bit of a rivalry, the Caps eliminated the Sabres, perhaps on a Bondra OT goal in Buffalo?

Anyways, there were some hard feelings between the two teams, and the game was in Washington and this black kid got in a fight with someone. What was his name? He was french, and played D.

Roby was very excited about the fact that he punched the Capital player so hard that he was bleeding from his ear. He showed the fight in his hi-lite package after the game and he was pumped about the beat-down. I laughed out loud (which I rarely do).

Jean-Luc Grand Pierre? Does that sound right?

I remember a few years back, last game of the year, I think, against the Capitals. This would have been right around the time the Sabres had Nolan as coach. The Capitals and Sabres had a bit of a rivalry, the Caps eliminated the Sabres, perhaps on a Bondra OT goal in Buffalo?

Anyways, there were some hard feelings between the two teams, and the game was in Washington and this black kid got in a fight with someone. What was his name? He was french, and played D.

Roby was very excited about the fact that he punched the Capital player so hard that he was bleeding from his ear. He showed the fight in his hi-lite package after the game and he was pumped about the beat-down. I laughed out loud (which I rarely do).

Jean-Luc Grand Pierre? Does that sound right?

This sounds a lot like a fight Grand-Pierre had with Denis Pederson of the New Jersey Devils, not a Washington Capitals player... one of the most one-sided fights I've ever seen with Pederson bleeding out of the ear by the end of it. Roby greatly appreciated it and RJ was going sort of bananas during the whole thing too ("OHHHH! BREAK IT UP! THEY GOTTA GET IN THERE! HE'S EATIN' HIM ALIVE!")

a classic roby moment i'll never forget was when i was 8 or so and watching the game on tv. they were playing calgary at the aud and roby did the intermission interviews. one intermission was a sabres guy and the other was from the other team.

that day's guest from calgary was goon tim hunter. they do the interview and hunter leaves, then they go back to roby and he goes "man does that guy really smell!" classic roby.

Archived