1/15 Buffalo at Boston: Who will be there?

shrader

It seems like we've got a decent number of Boston area posters on this board. Is anyone heading out to the Fleet Center for the unusual start time on monday? My brother's in town this weekend, so we'll both be there. Look for the two similar looking guys, one in a blue throwback Drury and one in a home Pommer jersey. We'll probably stop by the Harp before the game. With that timing, it'll feel like a Bills game.

I will be there as well.. I havent been to a game in the Boston before but Im visiting some buddies that go to school there and I dont have to be back in Buffalo for class until tuesday afternoon. I planned on getting tickets right at the window because Im assuming tix wont be hard to get. Ill be wearing my new away Afinogenov jersey and my friend will probably have an old home jersey on. I look forward to having a good LETS GO BUFFALO chant going like I heard on tv the last game in Boston. Any advice on buying tickets and if there is somewhere cheaper I can get them?

ugh...I've already made plans for a poker night on the 15th here in ny ...but will be in Boston on the 16th and 17th for work...I am kicking myself on this one!

Poker night? That may be the worst excuse I've ever heard. ;)

As for the people asking for what to do when in town, hopefully someone can give you a better answer than I would. My ideas would suck.

I was planning on it till I got sick and missed a few days work this week. My company doesn't celebrate MLK/REL day. Definitely going to the February 1 game, though...

Your post made me look "MLK/REL" up. What the hell is going on in this country? We're actually diluting Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday with a "combined" holiday to celebrate Robert E. Lee?

Let's see: One is a great American statesman and patriot who helped integrate and improve this country.

The other tried to split it apart.

Good call. Let's combine them. Let's also celebrate our independence from Britain on July 4 along with our independence from, let's say, Iceland. Cool.

--Sorry--not your post that did it, just the fact that someone is perverting a well-respected man's memory.

Your post made me look "MLK/REL" up. What the hell is going on in this country? We're actually diluting Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday with a "combined" holiday to celebrate Robert E. Lee?

Let's see: One is a great American statesman and patriot who helped integrate and improve this country.

The other tried to split it apart.

Good call. Let's combine them. Let's also celebrate our independence from Britain on July 4 along with our independence from, let's say, Iceland. Cool.

--Sorry--not your post that did it, just the fact that someone is perverting a well-respected man's memory.

:) Glad someone looked!

He has a very interesting story and wasn't as bad as you think he was - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Lee

I do not think I would have wanted to be in his position at the start of the war. I would not have wanted to lead the charge through my family's land either.

King, on the other hand, is not a Patriot. He did not believe in the US Constitution, or the economic system on which this country was founded. However, I think you are right in that the racial tensions are much lower today than 40 years ago, and much of that is due to his efforts and his martyrdom.

As for the perversions, I believe the REL holidays, at least for the most part, were there prior to the King holiday. I remember back when the first official MLK day that much of the south said they had day off anyway. It stuck with me due to the irony.

I'll be at the Sabres-Bruins game. Look for me in the corner by the net the Sabres will be shooting at twice, in the eighth row. I'll be wearing a blank new jersey.

This is a bit nuts. I'll be in Section 321 (corner by the net the Sabres shoot twice) and my seats are in row 8 as well.

:) Glad someone looked!

He has a very interesting story and wasn't as bad as you think he was - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Lee

I do not think I would have wanted to be in his position at the start of the war. I would not have wanted to lead the charge through my family's land either.

King, on the other hand, is not a Patriot. He did not believe in the US Constitution, or the economic system on which this country was founded. However, I think you are right in that the racial tensions are much lower today than 40 years ago, and much of that is due to his efforts and his martyrdom.

As for the perversions, I believe the REL holidays, at least for the most part, were there prior to the King holiday. I remember back when the first official MLK day that much of the south said they had day off anyway. It stuck with me due to the irony.

Well, we'll disagree on your second full paragraph, but the third is interesting. Didn't know that, and thanks for pointing that out. The irony is something.

The wife and I are making the trip (her first Sabres game) and plan on hitting up Quincy Market area bars before the game. We will be in Section 15, row 19 with the old home/away jerseys on...looking forward to getting a 'Lets Go Buffalo' chant going on in their house! Hope we can get our of our recent funk and stick it to the B's in their home.

Archived