"Booing"

PASabreFan

There's some story out of Erie that says the "fans" booed the team last night.

Horsecock. It sounded on TV like three leather-lunged drunks in the 300 section accounted for it. Do you know how loud it would be if most, or even a big part, of the crowd booed?

Maybe someone who was at the game can characterize the crowd reaction.

I wasn't at the game but there was definitely a good deal of booing. Hard to tell if it was due to penalty calls against the Sabres (when I heard most of it) or if it was just due to being generally outplayed all night. It was not a pretty game. Combine that with the expectations set by the pace set early in the season and the arena with its new fringe fans/bandwagon jumpers expecting to see six goals a night and I think booing is inevitable.

Guys:

I'm sorry but I firmly believe that 1) the Sabres' play of late warrants a message from fans that we expect more than the crap they have been serving up and 2) paying your money provides a limited license to express your opinion. I will grant you that the boys have had a great season thus far but lazy play (and that's what I saw against the Sen and Pens) is not what people are paying for.

SF

Booing is totally acceptable, if you ask me... The sabres played like crap. Our "all star" lineup sucks currently... The coaching sucks too. The sabres are better than what they have showed, and that warrants booing. Throwing stuff on the ice, foul language, drunkenness, and starting fights is unacceptable, but there's nothing wrong with booing.

It sounded to me like there was a bunch of booing after the 2nd period, and especially during power plays when we were fumbling the puck around out of the offensive zone.

One of the side effects of success is that the bandwagon gets overloaded. When there is a little bit of a problem, all the yahoos start trampling each other because there is so little space. This team has been booed over the years, but for the love of Bobby Orr, they were down 1 goal and on the way to losing 2 in a row for the 2nd time this year. It's not like they were sipping Pina Coladas on the bench.

I understand the "it's my right to boo, I paid to be here" theory, but it just shows ignorance to turn on a team after all they've done the past 12 months.

Booing is totally acceptable, if you ask me... The sabres played like crap. Our "all star" lineup sucks currently... The coaching sucks too. The sabres are better than what they have showed, and that warrants booing. Throwing stuff on the ice, foul language, drunkenness, and starting fights is unacceptable, but there's nothing wrong with booing.

^^^What he said.^^^

The sabres are better than what they have showed, and that warrants booing.

On point. This type of booing is more "C'mon guys, snap out of it!" than "You suck and we hate you!". They just appear somehow sloppy with the puck. Missing passes, confusion entering the zone, etc. Of course, changes in opposing defensive schemes may play a large part in this.

Two guys that I think have looked good however are Roy and Gaustad. Nothing really specific, they just seem noticeably more energetic and troublesome in the attacking zone than others do right now.

I was booing loud and clear from Albany. The second half of that game was attrocious on the Sabres part. Buffalo is far superior to Pittsburgh (in standings anyway) and should've beaten the Pens. Our team doesn't work as hard as others do...its driving me crazy.

I'm sorry, but I had the chance to watch the game, and they deserved the boo's last night and againts the Sens, they are better then they have played recently and the fans want to let them know that taking a night (or a couple of days) off is not going to be accepted and we are all expecting alot from this team.

Also, They weren't booing, they were saying Boo-urns

Boo - URNS!

I do think it seems like the fans are awfully quick to turn on this team.

No oned is turning on the team, they are just letting them know that the fans will not expect anything less then them giving 110% on the ice EVERY NIGHT.

Thats not unreasonable. They played badly against the Sens and against Pitssburgh on the PP. Fans want the team to play well, no one was booing just because they were losing, it because they were losing a game by not playing at the level were they ahve been playing almost all year.

When you play "boo" hockey you get booed. The players understand that and most would not take issue with it. The boos I heard in the Sabres-Pens game were nothing compared with how the Habs get booed in their own barn when they are getting outplayed or the powerplay can't get out of it's own end. Booing does not mean you don't support your team - 18,690 butts in the seats each and every game is the best measure of support there is. When 2 or 3 Pens or Sens are playing keep-away with the puck when on the PK I don't think a little booing is out of order.

I really don't mind booing BUT... It really has to FUBAR the team and stymie its playing ability... DEPENDING on the team though!... The pressure put on them has got to be immense???...

It has got to be like struggling at something and having somebody screaming in your face?

What comes to mind is Sam Kinison in Back to School... Of course, I also believe that this Sabre team has the ability to act like Thornton Mellon (Rodney Dangerfield) and calmly tell Professor Terguson off!...

This scene always reminds me of the Sabre fans booing their team... Picture the fans (Sam Kinison) and their team (Rodney Dangerfield):

[after a female student answered correctly why America pulled out of Vietnam]

Professor Terguson: Is she right? 'Cause I know that's the *popular* version of what went on there. And a lot of people like to believe that. I wish I could, but I was *there*. I wasn't here in a class room, hoping I was right, thinking about it.

[shouting]

Professor Terguson: I was up to my knees in rice paddies, with guns that didn't work! Going in there, looking for Charlie, slugging it out with him; While

[shouts]

Professor Terguson: pussies like you were back here partying, putting headbands on, doing drugs, and

[shouts]

Professor Terguson: listening to the goddamn Beatle albums! Oh! Oh! Oh!

Thornton Melon: Hey Professor, take it easy. These kids were in grade school at the time, and as for me... I'm not a fighter, I'm a lover.

Professor Terguson: You remember that thing we had about 30 years ago called the Korean conflict? And how we failed to achieve victory? How come we didn't cross the 38th parallel and push those rice-eaters back to the Great Wall of China?

Professor Terguson: [rips a desk apart] Then take the #%^$#!ing wall apart

[shouts]

Professor Terguson: brick by brick and nuke them back into the #%^$#!ing stone age forever? Tell me why! How come? Say it! Say it!

Thornton Melon: [incensed] All right. I'll say it. 'Cause Truman was too much of a * wimp* to let MacArthur go in there

[shouts]

Thornton Melon: and blow out those Commie bastards!

Professor Terguson: Good answer. Good answer. I like the way you think. I'm gonna be watching you.

Thornton Melon: [to his classmates] Nice guy. Really seems to care. About what I have no idea.

The point of all this nonsense (my above drivel)? NOT too many teams can play the part of Rodney Dangerfield.

:lol:

:nana: :D :nana:

Archived