"SabreSpace Laws"

inkman

In the vein of the "Man Law" commercials, I was inspired to create a thread laying out the laws of this here land...er...space. I am hoping you guys will play along and propose some SabreSpace laws. Please, this thread is only a poor attempt at humor and do not take any of this #%^$#! seriously!

My first proposal. As MartinHavlatIsMyGod found out, using a players name on your current team in your handle doesn't always work out for the best.

No current players names in your screen name. SabreSpace law or not? How many votes should it take to ratify our "laws"?

"SabreSpace Laws" [ ] - indicates propsed laws { } - number of votes

1. [No current players in your screen name (unless you are said player :nana: )]{2}

2. [Don't Feed the Trolls] {2}

3. [No bowing/kowtow to the hockey gods, they have screwed us enough, F them]{3}

4. [it is possible to support the team and still hate the slug!]{3}

5. [Thou shall not question Dave_B when it comes to the CBA!]{3}

6. [Refrain from beating a dead horse - aka the Peters Law]{4}

I'll second it

It is ok for today, but with FA and a cap in place, players won't stay around for long.

There has to be a corollary - If you actually are a current Sabres player - you should be able to

use your real name as your screen name. Therefore current players names are reserved for the real players when they drop in. :beer:

There has to be a corollary - If you actually are a current Sabres player - you should be able to

use your real name as your screen name. Therefore current players names are reserved for the real players when they drop in. :beer:

good point

Thats a good point, make sure there is an asteriks on that one that says that

But I guess we don't need to worry about that happening until we actually get a player here posting on this board

My proposed law...No defending Peters roster spot on this team at any time. This is also known as the APB(Anyone But Peters) law.

And conversely, perhaps we can stop threads asking why the hell is Peters still here. The argument has been made against him, and Ruff isn't listening. We'll call this one, the 'beating a dead horse' law.

And conversely, perhaps we can stop threads asking why the hell is Peters still here. The argument has been made against him, and Ruff isn't listening. We'll call this one, the 'beating a dead horse' law.

Exactly, lets face it, he's here, Ruff likes him and sees a use for him, The team likes him and he fits on this team salary wise.

If the Sabres had a better option for the same price or cheaper, I'm sure they would be playing instead of him.

I think you want ABP

I disagree with this one, If this one passes I want the Anti-Slug posts also banned

I fixed it thanks.

PS The Peters posts may go away after this year when he is is no longer a Sabre, but the anti-slug posts will go on FOREVER!!! :nana:

It messes with the juju man.

you know, like Sgt. Oddball... "Cut it with the negative waves, man!"

Riiiiight... :rolleyes:

Besides, like we should continue to kowtow to the hockey gods? F them. They have f'ed with us for too long for me to worship at the altar of superstition, chance, or fate.

I'll second that one.

Peters would be OK...if they let him be Peters.

Besides, like we should continue to kowtow to the hockey gods? F them. They have f'ed with us for too long for me to worship at the altar of superstition, chance, or fate.

Thaaaaanks....Now when the inevitable rash of injuries strikes, I'll know whose ass to kick. :P

I think we have a new law right there

No bowing/kowtow to the hockey gods, they have screwed us enough, F them

I fixed it thanks.

PS The Peters posts may go away after this year when he is is no longer a Sabre, but the anti-slug posts will go on FOREVER!!! :nana:

Really? you think so?

Ruff seems to like him, his salary is managable for the salary cap, and with the rising cost of the current players salaries, its going to get harder to keep them all and fit it under the cap, he may be around longer then you think

The Anti-Slug force seems to be losing members daily, and with a Stanley Cup Banner with a giant slug on it, your numbers may join the ranks of supporters of the cooper-alls

Archived