President's Trophy inside track for Sabres

ko12010

Did anyone else see that Pronger broke his foot today in their loss to the Wild? I know some people think that it is a curse to win the Presidents Trophy, but I think our Sabres would break it if they indeed go on to have the most points this season. Anaheim might be in the beginning of their first slump right now, and the loss of Pronger is gonna hurt them. I'm not celebrating the loss of a great player for the NHL in Pronger, but the Sabres definitely have the best shot at the President's Trophy now, with us finally getting healthy and a target date for Connolly maybe in site. We are starting to play our best right now, so lets hope that we keep it going.

I watched the game tonight. Gotta love that CI. Anaheim is definitely seeing a little adversity now. In addition to Pronger, they are on their 3rd string goalie..

When are we going to catch them in games played? They have had a 3 game bulge in games played forever....

Just watched Philly finish off Carolina as well.

At this point in the season, I couldn't care less about what Anaheim or anyone else out west is doing. IMO, it is way too early to scoreboard watch, especially when we have so many other things to enjoy at this point in the season:

* Lindy is going to be the EC All-Star HC, thanks to our great 1st half.

* Despite not being able to put together a full 60- (hell, even 40) minute effort on most nights, we are in 1st place in the division and the conference, and aside from Tallinder's arm, haven't really had any major injuries/suspensions/missing players for any extended period of time.

* We are looking at possibly sending 6 guys to Dallas for the All-Star game.

* As of right now, we control our own fate for playoff seeding and home-ice advantage all the way through the Cup finals.

I'd love to see us grab every possible trophy this year - but right now I want to enjoy what they've done so far, and look ahead to tomorrow's game on Vs.

Happy New Year everyone! :beer:

At this point in the season, I couldn't care less about what Anaheim or anyone else out west is doing. IMO, it is way too early to scoreboard watch, especially when we have so many other things to enjoy at this point in the season:

* Despite not being able to put together a full 60- (hell, even 40) minute effort on most nights, we are in 1st place in the division and the conference, and aside from Tallinder's arm, haven't really had any major injuries/suspensions/missing players for any extended period of time.

* As of right now, we control our own fate for playoff seeding and home-ice advantage all the way through the Cup finals.

I'd love to see us grab every possible trophy this year - but right now I want to enjoy what they've done so far, and look ahead to tomorrow's game on Vs.

It makes me a little nervous that this team plays much better on the road usually, and we may get home ice thru the playoffs

I watched the game tonight. Gotta love that CI. Anaheim is definitely seeing a little adversity now. In addition to Pronger, they are on their 3rd string goalie..

When are we going to catch them in games played? They have had a 3 game bulge in games played forever....

Just watched Philly finish off Carolina as well.

The Ducks are hurting, they just did a deal with Chicago to bring in one of the 'Hawks goalies, Sebastien Caron...

What is with the name Sebastien? J.S. gets hurt and they go out and aquire another one...

:D

Losing Giguere, with Bryzgalov out, is a huge enough blow. Losing Pronger just compounds it. Up until this point, they were extremely healthy. Poor babies.

I would rather have this happen when and if we are facing them in the finals, but I am one of the fans who want us to win the Presidents trophy, so its cool. We did without Henrik for weeks they can do without old Pronger now.

The Ducks are hurting, they just did a deal with Chicago to bring in one of the 'Hawks goalies, Sebastien Caron...

What is with the name Sebastien? J.S. gets hurt and they go out and aquire another one...

They were going to get Sebastian Cabot http://www.frankdecaro.com/recipes/photos/...stiancabot3.jpg

but they realized he couldn't stop pucks very well. :w00t:

They were going to get Sebastian Cabot http://www.frankdecaro.com/recipes/photos/...stiancabot3.jpg

Wow!!.. Flashback!!!.. Jody and Buffy... If you don't know who those kids were, then you weren't watching TV in the 70s.... I could be wrong, but I don't think this ever made it to Nick at Night or TV Land...

Mr. French!... What a awesome name for a goalie... Giles French! ;) ;)

Heck... Cabot was a big dude, I am sure he could block that 4x6 opening! ;) ;)

Ya... Too bad he has been dead for almost 30 years!

Even if that fails... The Ducks could go the skinny runner route and try and get Sebastian Coe...

:lol: :lol:

Wow!!.. Flashback!!!.. Jody and Buffy... If you don't know who those kids were, then you weren't watching TV in the 70s.... I could be wrong, but I don't think this ever made it to Nick at Night or TV Land...

So true... I was born in 1968... My sis was 1972, she even had a Mrs. Beasley doll!

Wow... My older brother and I always found that doll hysterical!

I would rather have this happen when and if we are facing them in the finals, but I am one of the fans who want us to win the Presidents trophy, so its cool. We did without Henrik for weeks they can do without old Pronger now.

I would NOT want this to happen in the finals if we were facing them. I want there to be no question who is the best team in the league when the cup is being hoisted. Carolina has to listen to Sabres fans and other fans claiming that they would not have won the cup if Buffalo had been healthy in the ECF's. I want it to be two fully healthy teams facing each other, and then let's see who is truly the best.

I actually want to see the Sabres finish with the league's top seed (although obviously not at the expense of having worn out Zeppo or Ryan). It'll be interesting to see how the Ducks perform minus an NHL goalie and arguably their top defenseman.

The plus side of Pronger going down is the Ducks will falter some, or possibly go into all out freefall. The negative side is, just like Paetsch got some much needed experience while Hank was out, Anaheim will now be giving 30 extra minutes of experience to their D each game at a point of the season where a few losses won't really hurt them. That experience could be tremendously valuable come June.

PS Happy New Year to all.

Archived