Another proud Father thread

Sabresince70

For the past few years, all my daughter has asked for for her birthday was a hockey game. I took her to the Sabres V. Flyers game for her 9th and the experience was the best (We saw it at Philly). Every year since I took her to Hershey. That she loved, but she kept asking about a Sabres game. we make a trip every year with the whole family to Buffalo for a game, but she wanted one just for her. This year, she asked if it was her Christmas present too, could we go? Can you imagine a 12 year old girl willing to give up most of her gifts to go on a trip for a game? Well we booked a train ride from Philly to Buffalo, got tickets for the games on 12/28 and 12/30 and rooms at the Hyatt. I know this doesn't matter to any of you, but no-one in my family seems to understand how much this team can effect some people. My wife thinks my daughter is nuts!

post-150-1165418888_thumbjpgFor the past few years, all my daughter has asked for for her birthday was a hockey game. I took her to the Sabres V. Flyers game for her 9th and the experience was not the best (We saw it at Philly). Every year since I took her to Hershey. That she loved, but she kept asking about a Sabres game. we make a trip every year with the whole family to Buffalo for a game, but she wanted one just for her. This year, she asked if it was her Christmas present too, could we go? Can you imagine a 12 year old girl willing to give up most of her gifts to go on a trip for a game? Well we booked a train ride from Philly to Buffalo, got tickets for the games on 12/28 and 12/30 and rooms at the Hyatt. I know this doesn't matter to any of you, but no-one in my family seems to understand how much this team can effect some people. My wife thinks my daughter is nuts!

For the past few years, all my daughter has asked for for her birthday was a hockey game. I took her to the Sabres V. Flyers game for her 9th and the experience was the best (We saw it at Philly). Every year since I took her to Hershey. That she loved, but she kept asking about a Sabres game. we make a trip every year with the whole family to Buffalo for a game, but she wanted one just for her. This year, she asked if it was her Christmas present too, could we go? Can you imagine a 12 year old girl willing to give up most of her gifts to go on a trip for a game? Well we booked a train ride from Philly to Buffalo, got tickets for the games on 12/28 and 12/30 and rooms at the Hyatt. I know this doesn't matter to any of you, but no-one in my family seems to understand how much this team can effect some people. My wife thinks my daughter is nuts!

Cool.

With karma like that, the Sabres have to win those 2. Right?

Don't forget to PM me about the trip.

I know this doesn't matter to any of you, but no-one in my family seems to understand how much this team can effect some people. My wife thinks my daughter is nuts!

My fiancee doesn't understand it either so I sympathize.

Have we actually had any other proud father threads before this one?

Yeah there was a thread with a video of some little tykes ice skating, and then there's the wrestling one. I think both by SDS?

There was one last year after the ECF about a Dad who felt guilty about introducing his kids to Buffalo sports fan heartbreak when the Sabres lost too. The kids had gone to bed crying if I remember correctly.

Archived