I Have Never Hated The Leafs More

CallawaySabres

I have always looked at the Leafs as a rival over the years but something seemed to fade last year (probably because we were so used to beating them). This year, however, their fans have really got me steamed again. I urge any fans going tonight (myself included) to make sure that the chanting of over-rated NEVER happens again!! As I do welcome any opponents fans to come and cheer, these Leaf fans have crossed the line in my book.

Let's get a little rowdy in their tonight and really make it a home ice advantantage. Even the Sabres mentioned that they were steamed after that one!! Looking forward to a good time tonight.

Try to outcheer the Leafs' fans, by all means, but don't disparage their enthusiasm and willingness to shell out the bucks for the tickets. We don't want to become losers like the 'caniacs' who piss and moan about visiting teams' fans entering their building and bringing energy to the arena.

Try to outcheer the Leafs' fans, by all means, but don't disparage their enthusiasm and willingness to shell out the bucks for the tickets. We don't want to become losers like the 'caniacs' .

You mean all three of them?

Cause the rest are nothing more than band-wagon morons :D

You mean all three of them?

Cause the rest are nothing more than band-wagon morons :D

That's exactly my point. They can't sell out their arena and then complain about the fact that the other team's fans buy the tickets.

Then, they create an urban legend about their fans being "terrorized" by the invaders.

I have always looked at the Leafs as a rival over the years but something seemed to fade last year (probably because we were so used to beating them). This year, however, their fans have really got me steamed again. I urge any fans going tonight (myself included) to make sure that the chanting of over-rated NEVER happens again!! As I do welcome any opponents fans to come and cheer, these Leaf fans have crossed the line in my book.

Let's get a little rowdy in their tonight and really make it a home ice advantantage. Even the Sabres mentioned that they were steamed after that one!! Looking forward to a good time tonight.

The Loaf fans heading down to the Mmarena rarely ticks me off. I usually really look forward to the games as their annoying chants of "blow Loafs blow" typically fire up the home crowd. Few things are cooler than hearing "blow Laffs blow" get drowned out by "Let's Go Buf-fa-lo". It was pretty cool in the 1st period of the last game. But, unfortunately, in the 2nd period the Sabres went to sleep.

I will agree with you, that the Loaf fan chants that weren't drowned out were extremely annoying last game, but had the Sabres actually played a full 60 minutes (rather than about 17) we wouldn't have heard their annoying chants because they would have been drowned out like their were in the 1st 30 minutes of the game and like they have been in nearly every game they've ever watched their Laffs play in the Mmarena.

It definitely stunk walking out of the rink last time hearing the 2-3,000 Loaf fans hooting and hollering, but considering it was only the 4th or so time it's happened in the last 10 years, I can live with it.

It also isn't any different than Sabres fans chanting on their way out of an opposing building. If your team plays better, you don't have to hear it. I don't think you'll have to hear much from Laff nation after about the 5 minute mark of the 2nd. So drown them out when they start up and shout them down in the beer lines and other lines.

And think about how much cooler it is to be a Sabres fan than a Phlyer fan, in that you rarely (if ever) see fights in the stands at Sabres games, no matter HOW annoying the other teams' fans are. Be the 7th (or 21st) man and keep the Sabres fired up and then the Loaf fans can use those short bus helmets they wear to games beating their own heads against the stairwells on the way out of the building, like they usually do.

I don't mind the fact that there are Leafs fans in the arena but my past couple experiences there have resulted in seeing some pretty obnoxious behavior by their fans. Montreal fans (in my opinion) are a great group to hang with.

Don't go down the stairways after games.... you always see fights there. I think i've seen atleast 3 in my life. lol

The problem is, Toronto fans are just ignorant peices of garbage. I always get in arguements, and that's one reason why i try to stay away from Toronto games, i always find myself in trouble because they way they talk they always get under your skin and always think their right and everything is crappy to them unless it's theirs.

Try to outcheer the Leafs' fans, by all means, but don't disparage their enthusiasm and willingness to shell out the bucks for the tickets. We don't want to become losers like the 'caniacs' who piss and moan about visiting teams' fans entering their building and bringing energy to the arena.

Very very true about the 'caniacs!

Also.... great Avatar eball!!

LETS GO BUFFALO!!

I don't understand why people are upset that the Leaf fans are subsidizing the season tickets of Sabre fans. We should be laughing at them! Hell, they usually lose and they are paying our season ticket holders the for the right to see those loses. Sounds like a win/win to me.

I don't understand why people are upset that the Leaf fans are subsidizing the season tickets of Sabre fans. We should be laughing at them! Hell, they usually lose and they are paying our season ticket holders the for the right to see those loses. Sounds like a win/win to me.

And, as annoying as Loaf fans tend to be, there is something really special about getting to leave the rink seeing a few thousand of them banging their short bus helmets against the wall on the way out.

I usually do the opposite, I am from Hamilton, but I go see the Sabres in TO with my cousin who is a leaf fan, I always where my Sabre stuff and Usually go home happy, Sabres are 5-1 when I go see them in TO..........Only loss I saw was last year in a SO, with Biron in net.............. :beer:

I'm old enough to remember when they would sell out entire sections of the Ralph to Steelers fans. I think it makes for a rather entertaining game.

I am probably in a minority here. I like all things Toronto (Blue Jays, Leafs, etc) and the city. The Leafs have one of my all time favorite Sabres playing for them, Mr. Peca. I wish Buffalo never let him go.

I don't begrudge a Sabre fan for selling their tickets to anyone from any team. I am thankful they are helping keep the team in Buffalo. You just know those Leaf fans who are sitting rinkside are doling out some serious money to sit there.

Although hearing the Na-Na chant on our own ice last time did get under my skin a bit. I like the rivalry and always have.

Archived