Sabres @ Maple Leafs (12/29)

PTS

Reading the Leafs home town papers today, it seems they all think Buffalo will win tonight. I hope our boys don't read this crap and get too cocky. Should be a great game and if Buffalo plays like they have, they will surely win again tonight.

Blow Leafs Blow!

Eric Lindros (wrist ligament), Alexander Steen (thumb), Nik Antropov (knee), Jason Allison (finger) and Carlo Colaiacovo (wrist) are not expected to play tonight for the Leafs.

The Toronto writers apparently don't know that the Sabres' road winning streak ended in Florida. Biggest homer media in the NHL. You always have to read between the lines.

Agreed. I found that quite annoying. I think it was mentioned in two different articles. Way to go, boys!

The Toronto writers apparently don't know that the Sabres' road winning streak ended in Florida. Biggest homer media in the NHL. You always have to read between the lines.

The smokin' white-hot Buffalo Sabres are in town, winners of eight in a row on the road and 15 of their past 17 overall.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toron...372267-sun.html

uninformed turds!

after monday's feast in the 3rd pd vs. the isles i am even more jacked up for this game. GO BUFFALO!

i love it when we beat on the leafs, but it is always a little trickier task up there than in buffalo. i've said this about 10 times already this season, but if they win THIS one, then i'll KNOW they're for real! :D

Even though I thought he could have stopped the 2nd goal, I am glad Lindy gave Marty the start tonight. I like to see him rotate goalies on back-to-back games and did not under any circumstances want to see Marty in net tomorrow night.

Hopefully they build on momentum from Connolly's goal. They have to play smarter on the points on the powerplay or it will be a long night.

Even though I thought he could have stopped the 2nd goal, I am glad Lindy gave Marty the start tonight. I like to see him rotate goalies on back-to-back games and did not under any circumstances want to see Marty in net tomorrow night.

Hopefully they build on momentum from Connolly's goal. They have to play smarter on the points on the powerplay or it will be a long night.

SHORTHANDED GOAL BY BUFFALO!!! Talinder gets 'er done.

Instead of blaming Biron for goals, why not blame the defense in front of him? That was a 4-on-2, and he was completely screened. Both Leaf goals were the direct result of defensive breakdowns.

I suppose that 3rd Leafs goal is Biron's fault too?

PTR

SHORTHANDED GOAL BY BUFFALO!!!  Talinder gets 'er done.

Instead of blaming Biron for goals, why not blame the defense in front of him?  That was a 4-on-2, and he was completely screened.  Both Leaf goals were the direct result of defensive breakdowns.

I suppose that 3rd Leafs goal is Biron's fault too?

PTR

PTR, I'm not a Biron hater, you don't have to defend him to me.

In my opinion, on the 2nd goal he was too tight on the near post. There was a lot of room on the far side to shoot at. He appeared to be partially screened, but I felt he was out of position.

He IS playing well tonight. He was great on Marius' breakaway and has made some very nice saves tonight.

PTR, I'm not a Biron hater, you don't have to defend him to me.

In my opinion, on the 2nd goal he was too tight on the near post.  There was a lot of room on the far side to shoot at.  He appeared to be partially screened, but I felt he was out of position. 

He IS playing well tonight.  He was great on Marius' breakaway and has made some very nice saves tonight.

You're looking at a snapshot of when the goal goes in. You aren't considering the other Leafs Biron has to plan for. That could have drawn him to the side a bit.

I play goal and few people understand what goes into playing the position. In my opinion, the players in front don't get enough of the blame.

PTR

It would have been nice to tie it before the second ended. Excellent pressure if the Leafs zone the last 7-8 minutes of the second. If the Swordsmen keep that up they'll tie it at 3 and win the game. I have a feeling that the next team to score wins this one.

Go Sabres!!!!!!!

You're looking at a snapshot of when the goal goes in.  You aren't considering the other Leafs Biron has to plan for.  That could have drawn him to the side a bit. 

I play goal and few people understand what goes into playing the position.  In my opinion, the players in front don't get enough of the blame.

PTR

I've played goal as well for several years. IMO, Marty was too tight on the near post.