GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

man-love is not weird!

:unsure:

Someone please explain to me why whenever there is a situation in which every single hockey fan knows tempers will get flared, such as taking hacks at the goalie or a dirty hit, the cameras take a good 15-20 seconds to figure it out. Is it a production thing or what?

:unsure:

Someone please explain to me why whenever there is a situation in which every single hockey fan knows tempers will get flared, such as taking hacks at the goalie or a dirty hit, the cameras take a good 15-20 seconds to figure it out. Is it a production thing or what?

probably.

we're playing very sharp tonight

probably.

we're playing very sharp tonight

Lindy must have harangued them all the way to NY. Night and day difference. Of course, the Leafs checked the heck out of the Sabres last night and so far, the Rangers aren't.

while driving home i was listening to the game on my xm radio (nyr feed) and the announcers are horrible. it's the damn radio, i can't see anything, and everything is so general - "the sabres bring it in... there's a shot... save by weekes... rangers cross into the buffalo zone..." well how the hell did they get it out of the zone? we are so blessed to have rick and jim.

also, at the start of the game the play by play guy says "the rangers will be in their home blues, while the sabres will be wearing their road whites, with the gold and black trim. it's taking a little while to get used to this new look."

They look good so far.

On a slightly unrelated topic, I have a question. When we were outshooting NY 8-0, I had to wonder if there was any game ever in the NHL where there were no shots recorded by a single team? Also, would the goalie who faced no shots get a 100% Save percentage stat, a 0% or no stat at all as a result?

he woyuldn't get a stat at all... i believe the save % is aggregate for the whole season... also, GAA is divided into a % of the game (i.e. if a guy lets in 1 goal and it goes to OT, its 1/1.083... get me?

ok, no more fuzzy math, the rangers just scored

2-1 rangers

Now that was a game well played by the Sabres(except for the penalty troubles)!!!

Go Briere and Stafford can play!!!!

Yes he can. So can Paille and a bunch of other guys in the ROC. That's why I've been banging the anti-Peters drum all season. Stafford plays 12 minutes and Paille 11. 5 on 5 the Sabres were able to roll four lines. Takes away the Ranger power plays and the Sabres carried the play. I hope these guys stick with the big club. Novotny, Paille and Stafford are this years Roy, Pominville and Gaustad. :beer:

What's wrong with Briere - only 19 pts in 14 games? :rolleyes:

Maybe we can give that one a rest now.

Only if he stays at the current pace. 111 pts would be worth the $5 million. 109? Run him out of town :nana: