GAME THREAD: Sabres at Flyers

GGM

oh, baby! i can't frickin wait til friday in tampa! i'll be there behind the net seeing my sabres live for the first time in 3 years! i'd be happy even if they sucked, but with a roll like this? it makes my year! :D

Sure, rub it in. I'll be sitting in a plane during that game. I hate that I have to miss one, but it does give me to opportunity to go to the next 3 home games, so I guess it's worth it.

From the ESPN recap:

The Flyers are missing several key players because of injuries, including leading scorer Simon Gagne.

I tried to find the part where they said "The Sabres are missing several key players because of injuries, including two-thirds of their top line (Danny Briere and JP Dumont) and defenseman Dmitri Kalinin," but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Typical.

From the ESPN recap:

I tried to find the part where they said "The Sabres are missing several key players because of injuries, including two-thirds of their top line (Danny Briere and JP Dumont) and defenseman Dmitri Kalinin," but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Typical.

So true.

If the Flyers or Rangers were doing what the Sabres are, ESPN would be on them like DeLuca on Ted Nolan.

oh, baby! i can't frickin wait til friday in tampa! i'll be there behind the net seeing my sabres live for the first time in 3 years! i'd be happy even if they sucked, but with a roll like this? it makes my year! :D

Awesome. You have a great time.

Another note:

This felt like those great playoff series against the Flyers, except we won this game.

Don't dare forget the time we routed those fukcers in Game 6, 8-0, for the series. I saw many a Flyers jersey in the trash cans around HSBC, I can tell you.

We gave Philly the hurt in the playoffs almost as much as we gave it to Ottawa.

Edited by Knightrider

Well. That was an outstanding win. A few observations:

1. Max is officially not tradeable. Period. I don't want to hear his name bandied about in random speculation about trading for Jovanoski, Aucoin or anyone else. He is explosive.

2. I thought Connelly's line couldn't get anything going at all tonight. They are much better with Briere. Pominville is a nice player but Briere is a difference-maker. Even so, neither Connelly nor Kotalik did anything on offense (I think their backchecking was pretty solid) during regulation & OT.

3. Of course, Connelly pulling it together for the huge goal in a do-or-die situation in the shootout was just awesome.

4. Ryan Miller is the man. I'm grateful to Marty for what he's done for the team this year, but Miller is the real deal. That was just an amazing performance. He was so confident, unfazed by anything that went on. I think he just took back the #1 job. Maybe not immediately, but I'm predicting he'll have it back by the 3rd week of January. And don't tell me he doesn't belong on the olympic team, either.

5. Gaustadt and Mair are great.

6. Vanek did almost nothing. I think he's just going to be up-and-down all year. It doesn't mean he won't be a really good player next year or the year after -- just that he's got to go through the adjustment to the big leagues.

Go Sabres.