****head Alert

inkman

Since we are talking about former Sabre d*ckheads, here's another piping up.

D**chebag Gilmour

"It's fitting they lost in a shootout because some of their wins came that way," Gilmour, a member of those 1993 Leafs, said. "We never had the opportunity of shootouts, so it was an entirely different thing." <_<

Yeah, and you didn't play in the salary cap era where the Leafs can't outspend most teams but 100%.

I really could care less about the streak as of this morning. The Buffalo News ran a list of longest winning streaks that took place during a season and all of them were longer than 10 games. That means the loss last night didn't cost us sole possession of the best winning streak record.

It's good that the Sabres lost. At some point, winning too many games in a row to start the season could screw up how the team approaches games. I'd like a loss every now and then to keep the team grounded.

D**chebag Gilmour

"It's fitting they lost in a shootout because some of their wins came that way," Gilmour, a member of those 1993 Leafs, said. "We never had the opportunity of shootouts, so it was an entirely different thing." <_<

Yeah, and you didn't play in the salary cap era where the Leafs can't outspend most teams but 100%.

Did he say that while he was banging his babysitter............ :censored:

D**chebag Gilmour

After reading the following posts that came after what I just quoted, it goes to show that he has no class. It would have been better for him to congratulate the Sabres on their streak. However, he decided to go a different route.

I wouldn't call him a d---head. I'd rather call him a fool, because he demonstrated his folly. :wallbash:

The Leafs are the Chicago Cubs of the NHL. At the end of this season, 40 years will have gone by without them playing in the finals. You can see why this streak is important to them, because when the best thing your favorite team has to offer you at home games is "atmosphere," you tend to hold on to any record they manage to set, no matter how insignificant it is.

The biggest deal about this record is the 20 points the Sabres have banked during it. It should go a long way to ensuring a bunch of game sevens, if needed, will be played at HSBC.

Who the hell really cares about the legitimacy of records set in October. Oh yeah, that's right, Leaf fans.

The Leafs are the Chicago Cubs of the NHL. At the end of this season, 40 years will have gone by without them playing in the finals. You can see why this streak is important to them, because when the best thing your favorite team has to offer you at home games is "atmosphere," you tend to hold on to any record they manage to set, no matter how insignificant it is.

The biggest deal about this record is the 20 points the Sabres have banked during it. It should go a long way to ensuring a bunch of game sevens, if needed, will be played at HSBC.

Who the hell really cares about the legitimacy of records set in October. Oh yeah, that's right, Leaf fans.

WELL PUT!! That is the funniest, albeit 100% correct, thing I've read in ages. Good stuff!

Enforcer Kelley

D**chebag Gilmour

umm, what's wrong with that? I might be the only one here on this forum to think so but i would agree that an "*" should be next to our 10-0 record. Winning in the shootout is a huge minus to our record.

It's almost a good thing we lost game 11. To break the record by the means of a shootout would be a total mockery to the '93 Leafs. Love them or hate them but what the '93 Leafs did trumps the '06 Sabres.

Just like us they did get screwed by Kerry Fraser..........Gretzky high stick on Gilmour, drew blood, denied a classic Montreal Toronto Final, instead we got one of the worst finals ever, Montreal vs the kings.

umm, what's wrong with that? I might be the only one here on this forum to think so but i would agree that an "*" should be next to our 10-0 record. Winning in the shootout is a huge minus to our record.

It's almost a good thing we lost game 11. To break the record by the means of a shootout would be a total mockery to the '93 Leafs. Love them or hate them but what the '93 Leafs did trumps the '06 Sabres.

You have a little point, but I thinks its atop your head. The Leafs lost that 11th game in regulation, were still undeated in regulation. That's more than what little Dougie can say, especially if we take it a few more games......I think that * belongs next to the Leafs in the books.

The fact that he got his panties in a bunch about it bothers me. I thought he was "killer". Now he just sounds like "complainer".

I never liked Gilmour even when he wore the Sabres jersey, and his comment is only more reasons why I still don't like him.

As for the * comments, its not Buffalos fault they didn't have the shootout then. Leafs fans are just bitter because another one of their great accomplishments in the league was almost lost and now has to be shared with someone else.

I always laugh when a leafs fan makes the arguement of "well how many cups has Buffalo won", and then they give you a smug look. I always answer with "well how many have they won since Buffalo has been in the league", followed by "How many times have they been in the finals since Buffalo joined the league", followed by "How many cups have they won since the league had 6 teams in the league?" Usually by this time they are still saying "Well we still have more cups" and then I reply with "Well atleast the Sabres have a color photo of their last team that made the finals"

I hate Leafs fans

You have a little point, but I thinks its atop your head. The Leafs lost that 11th game in regulation, were still undeated in regulation. That's more than what little Dougie can say, especially if we take it a few more games......I think that * belongs next to the Leafs in the books.

That's quite dumb.

Our first two games were wins by the shootout. In the old days (93) those two games would go down as ties. Out streak would have ended before it even started.

Archived