Sabres Catching Atlanta At Just The Right Time

CallawaySabres

25th @CAR

26th @PHI

28th @BUF

Not to overlook the Islanders but Atlanta should be tired. Also, checking out their competition thus far, I am not that impressed. They have played a bunch of garbage.

Buffalo will hopefully have tons of motivation at home to get that record IF all goes well tomorrow.

25th @CAR

26th @PHI

28th @BUF

Not to overlook the Islanders but Atlanta should be tired. Also, checking out their competition thus far, I am not that impressed. They have played a bunch of garbage.

Buffalo will hopefully have tons of motivation at home to get that record IF all goes well tomorrow.

3 games in 4 nights is tough on anyone, but ESPECIALLY when you have to face the hard-skating heroes from Buffalo.

Thats nice and everything, but I honestly think that Buffalo could play 3 games in 4 nights and still beat any other team in the leauge, even if that team was well rested. Its almost Patriot like, the confidence this team inspires in you, knowing that no matter who the other team is, and no matter what the situation is, that team more than likely is going to lose in a game against us....

Thats nice and everything, but I honestly think that Buffalo could play 3 games in 4 nights and still beat any other team in the leauge, even if that team was well rested. Its almost Patriot like, the confidence this team inspires in you, knowing that no matter who the other team is, and no matter what the situation is, that team more than likely is going to lose in a game against us....

The difference being that the officials DON'T favor the Sabres.

I watched the Atlanta-Carolina game last night. Atlanta was down by 2 after 1 and was being badly out shot. They roared backed in the 2nd and tied it up. They then lost the lead in the third and tied it back up. They eventually lost on a pretty play by Carolina in OT. After being out shot badly after 1, they evened up the shots on goal. At one point mid-third I saw a graphic that showed each side had 35 shots on goal. That was one good game.

Atlanta is formidable. Many have been knocking their record because they did some home cooking against inferior opponents. From what I saw last night and what we will certainly see on Saturday, is that Atlanta is a VERY GOOD hockey team. Hossa plays hard. Should be a great game.

Buffalo, Carolina, and Atlanta will all be battling at the end of the season for the top three seeds.

Oh yeah, one other thing. Many ice-level seats at RBC last night were empty, including behind the benches. Same old Carolina fans... Stanley Cup Champions playing best team in their division and only a half-full house.

Oh yeah, one other thing. Many ice-level seats at RBC last night were empty, including behind the benches. Same old Carolina fans... Stanley Cup Champions playing best team in their division and only a half-full house.

I noticed that too, I commented on that to my wife. That's pretty strange considering that most of those are Season tix down in that area. Why would you spend thousands on those tix and not show up for a game against a division rival and a very good team at that? Stupid. :death:

I have no idea why I used that smiley, maybe just my feelings toward Canes fans lately.

College basketball is coming back soon to setal away Canes fans again.

I watched the Atlanta-Carolina game last night. Atlanta was down by 2 after 1 and was being badly out shot. They roared backed in the 2nd and tied it up. They then lost the lead in the third and tied it back up. They eventually lost on a pretty play by Carolina in OT. After being out shot badly after 1, they evened up the shots on goal. At one point mid-third I saw a graphic that showed each side had 35 shots on goal. That was one good game.

Atlanta is formidable. Many have been knocking their record because they did some home cooking against inferior opponents. From what I saw last night and what we will certainly see on Saturday, is that Atlanta is a VERY GOOD hockey team. Hossa plays hard. Should be a great game.

Buffalo, Carolina, and Atlanta will all be battling at the end of the season for the top three seeds.

They can't be the top 3 seeds. The 3 division winners get the top 3 seeds.

That's pretty strange considering that most of those are Season tix down in that area. Why would you spend thousands on those tix and not show up for a game against a division rival and a very good team at that? Stupid. :death:

I was at the game last night and was pretty disappointed (but not surpised) with the size of the crowd. I believe the announced attendance was 15,000. I was told that the 15,000 total included 13,000 sold and about 2,000 comp seats. My guess would be about 12,000 fans in the arena. Pretty sorry for a team that is the defending champs, but it's a larger weekday crowd than in previous years. It will be interesting to see what kind of crowd turns out on Saturday.

It was pretty strange seeing Bolton getting the early goal and then had a chance on a breakaway in the 2nd period.

The strangest part of the night was the Thrashers pants. Most of their players have ripped their inseams. I had never seen that before. Was their any mention of this on TV?

The strangest part of the night was the Thrashers pants. Most of their players has ripped their inseams. I had never seen that before. Was their any mention of this on TV?

Not that I heard..

Archived