Drury On Pace For 100 Goals?

bob_sauve28

Well, if he keeps up this more than a goal a game pace it will be close! :P

Standard disclaimer:

This is a silly post

It's NOT a silly post - it is CLEARLY the statistical proof for the earlier thread in which several posters said Darcy needs to lock up Drury and if we had to choose we'd choose Drury over Briere!

Yes, he's on a 100-goal pace. But he won't keep it up, nor does he have to. Enjoy his streak while you can. When he drops off, another will pick up the slack.

When the Red Wings were on top in the late 90s-early 00s, that's the way they worked- someone was always hot.

Geez, doesn't Briere live in WNY and doesn't Drury live in Manhattan Beach, Ca.

You'll have to excuse him, when he was a child, Briere set his puppy on fire and ran over his parents, so he is a little bitter when it comes to Briere.

Last time I checked, Briere was awarded $5 mil by an arbitrator, and although it may seem high, the Sabres agreed to it. I really doubt Drury is going to resign for under a million just because he doesn't care about money and bleeds Blue and Gold. He will be getting Briere money at the end of this year from Buffalo or another team willing to spend some money to be a winner

Seeing that the CBA does not allow them to re-sign Drury until January 1, I don't really know what other options they have.

They CAN resign Drury prior to January 1. They have been able to sign him anytime post July 1 as he is in the last year of a multiyear deal.

The January 1 restriction is only applicable to players on 1 year deals. It was put in place to restrict the ways teams could attempt to negotiate around the salary cap.

They CAN resign Drury prior to January 1. They have been able to sign him anytime post July 1 as he is in the last year of a multiyear deal.

The January 1 restriction is only applicable to players on 1 year deals. It was put in place to restrict the ways teams could attempt to negotiate around the salary cap.

My mistake.

Archived