Who believes in the concept of "jinx"?

nfreeman

...I'm watching our team this year and I've got this feeling about what's gonna happen at the end of the year, but I don't wanna jinx anything but I don't really believe in jinxes...

should I keep quiet? shout it from the rooftops? try to have it both ways by hinting to my comrades on the board but not actually say it?

what do you think?

...I'm watching our team this year and I've got this feeling about what's gonna happen at the end of the year, but I don't wanna jinx anything but I don't really believe in jinxes...

should I keep quiet? shout it from the rooftops? try to have it both ways by hinting to my comrades on the board but not actually say it?

what do you think?

jinx shminx - this team is fully capable of winning the cup. of course, they'll need some luck along the way and, as we all well know, the good fortune to stay fairly healthy down the stretch.

the cup is by far the most difficult trophy and title to win in pro team sports -- each year, it's won by virtue of a ridiculous amount of hard work that the players for the winning team put into the season and playoffs.

what you or i say about our team's chances of accomplishing the feat won't mean a godda*n thing.

go sabres.

I do not believe in jinxes; I believe in good play. I do believe that good teams get more breaks throughout the year as the perception of ability builds in the minds of refs and opposing players. Humans bias, consciously or unconsciously, toward success. Perceive you are a bad team, you will be a bad team and treated as such. Demonstrate you are elite and that so-so call about tripping, interference, etc will break more your way over the course of the season.

I am telling anyone who will listen to me here in Maryland that this will be a special year for the Sabres. They have all the tools and one year of very valuable playoff seasoning.

Of course they know I am from Buffalo, a die-hard Bills fan and a die-hard Sabres fan and are dismissing it as the rant of a homer.

Bill

No Goal 1 & 2.

Bondra offsides in '98.

F%*k the Hockey Gods. It's bouts of bad luck. Every team get's them, we just get the ones that stand out.

NO ONE expected the Buffalo Sabres to make it to the ECF last year.

Now they see us coming, and they can't run and hide.

I assume you are talking about that shiny thing, and not your hockey pool at work.

If it's the former, I'll say this. It's funny how winning changes everything. We could just as easily be talking about a "hangover" start to the season. The record argues for dreaming about next June, but the Sabres' play actually argues for some serious debate about their starts, their power play, their discipline, even their defense. The scary thing for the league is that this team isn't playing close to its potential.

Screw Jinx's and the Hockey (or any sports) Gods. They have F*cked around with Buffalo teams for too long, I will no longer bow down and fear them.

No Goal 1 & 2.

Bondra offsides in '98.

F%*k the Hockey Gods. It's bouts of bad luck. Every team get's them, we just get the ones that stand out.

NO ONE expected the Buffalo Sabres to make it to the ECF last year.

Now they see us coming, and they can't run and hide.

This about sums it up...

Archived