Big Props to Peters...

Alaska Darin

I wonder how much of that was peters and how much was lindy in peters' ear... either way, sending paille to rochester for peters has worked out for the sabres.

on a side note, he pounded that guy....

Pete's always willing. Lindy deserves credit for putting him out there, but even Pierre was saying that Peters was talking to Norton five minutes before they fought, while each was sitting on the bench.

Pete's always willing. Lindy deserves credit for putting him out there, but even Pierre was saying that Peters was talking to Norton five minutes before they fought, while each was sitting on the bench.

the color commentator inbetween the benches is an awesome idea, if you ask me... "so and so with some f-bombs towards his stick" you can't make that stuff up... but back to peters, i'm still trying to figure him out. he's got that andro thing, he basically sucks 10x worse than rob ray did, yet he's still kicking ass, he wins some, he loses some... he's a character... I do give lindy some major credit for sticking with peters, but you're right, peters was the catalyst for this team tonight. major props go his way

i agree about the color guy between the benches, especially Pierre McGuire. For that matter, if I am not going to get the Sabres broadcast I would rather see TSN. The guys between periods are good and they are definitely not homers.

I enjoy TSN as well.. to be honest, i was putting my wife to bed for the first period (she's sick... nothing else implied) and doing the dishes for the 2nd period, but i definitely enjoy the tsn broadcast. however, speaking of the broadcast, anyone notice all the fans at the arena tonight? either their cameras are too low, or the detroit public enjoy stretching their knees. Not TSN's fault, but terrible camera work tonight

I enjoy TSN as well.. to be honest, i was putting my wife to bed for the first period (she's sick... nothing else implied) and doing the dishes for the 2nd period,

What kind of man are you? You have your wife do the dishes, THEN put her to bed. :P Did I happen to mention that I'm separated at the present time. :blush: Just kidding about the first part dude.

I remember everyone saying this past offseason that Peters is useless and needs to go. If you ask me every NHL team needs a goon, to protect the little guys and to fire everyone up by whoopin some ass. Peters had a huge hand (or should I say fist) in the win tonight.

We don't get any points tonight without the big guy. We were shell shocked until he won his fight. Good job, big fella.

I agree completely and would have started a similar thread had you not beat me to it. Bottom line is that Peters fills a role that is still important in the NHL, and does it very well. I don't think Razor putting up a tough scrap but not really winning and quite possibly getting pounded adds nearly as much value as our big bruiser beating theirs, like Peters did tonight (and does most of the time).

To all the Peters-bashers out there: please admit that he added major value tonight.

i agree about the color guy between the benches, especially Pierre McGuire. For that matter, if I am not going to get the Sabres broadcast I would rather see TSN. The guys between periods are good and they are definitely not homers.

Well it is hard for a canadian broadcaster to be a homer in a Sabres-Red Wings game. :D

But yeah, I really enjoyed McGuire's commentary tonight too. It adds a whole new insider view of the games that the guys upstairs can't do. I can't help but think that it wouldn't work on a local broadcast though. It seems like you need an unbiased guy down there doing that reporting.

This means you Deluca. Everybody is really giving Anjuice a lot of credit. I'm not sure if I whole heartedly agree but he did kick Norton's ass.

You can read my response in the "Peters" thread. I don't feel like re-typing.

It's good to see my hero Alaska Darin over in Sabre Country. I'm not sure if these posts get added to record setting total of inane thoughts. I will have to check with the committee :rolleyes:

OK, I'll be contrary. I don't think that fight, or any fight, is anything more than a sideshow. It's easy to say the fight turned the tide for the Sabres, but they still got terribly outplayed after that. Chris Drury just happened to score -- I think it was just our third shot of the period. The bigger turning point was in the second period when we killed off that two man disadvantage. That, and the great shift that the Turnover Line had early in the period (Thomas, Max and Derek). I WILL give Peters credit for punching that guy in the head. Nice. Now sit down, you big lug.

OK, I'll be contrary. I don't think that fight, or any fight, is anything more than a sideshow. It's easy to say the fight turned the tide for the Sabres, but they still got terribly outplayed after that. Chris Drury just happened to score -- I think it was just our third shot of the period. The bigger turning point was in the second period when we killed off that two man disadvantage. That, and the great shift that the Turnover Line had early in the period (Thomas, Max and Derek). I WILL give Peters credit for punching that guy in the head. Nice. Now sit down, you big lug.

I agree. When I saw everyone praising Peters after the game, I just couldn't understand it. I know everyone likes a good fight, and it can change the momentum, but I noticed nothing.

Archived