GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Surprized no one threw a hat onto the ice...I guess it must be bad weather up there!

I was wondering about that, too. Maybe they couldn't see who scored. And I was surprised this was Drury's first HT. Not that they are a dime a dozen, but he is a good scorer. Wonder if he is going to have a career year?

Danny Briere without a helmet, now that's a real throwback!

Speaking of going back in time, Briere's goal was an almost exact replica of his OT winner against the Flyers in Game 1. And Soupy tried to repeat his hit on Umberger when he had a Ranger lined up at the Buffalo line and just missed!

This bugging me, but since when is the announcement in Buffalo "one minute to play in the period"?

Oh yeah, the "We want eight" chant was sweet. A bit of a variation of the classic chant. No counting up, just "We want eight! We want eight!"

:) I love this game. I love this team.

The ONLY negative to the 2006/2007 Sabres is the friggen slug. I don't understand how/why Larry Quinn convinced Golisano that the slug was superior to our vintage unis.

$

If they went strictly old school, folks could dig through their closet for their old school gear. It still bothers me that after the huge fan base they built, they slap the fans in the face with these unis, oh well. GO SABRES.

I actually heard that Peters took up boxing. I don't know who said it or whether it came from Home Ice on XM, but that wasn't meant to be a pun nor a joke.

It would make sense. If that's his job, might as well learn how to do it right.

don't have much to say tonight about the game besides the fact that it was great. now 3 days off before we meet the moustachless capt. ken hitchcock and the flying umbergers.

I want to see a rematch between Soupy and Umberger! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hollweg is dirt. No reason for that.

I heard about that on the Net. Totally unsportsmanlike and unprofessional.

I looked at the Game Summary on the NHL website. How on earth did Peters get a Game Misconduct? :ph34r:

putting the numbers on the front totally pisses me off.... there is no reason for it. the Sabres said that this is officially a Vintage jersey and that's why they are allowed to wear it this year instead of waiting the NHL mandatory waiting period before getting a 3rd jersey when changing uniforms... well, if it's a vintage jersey then the numbers shouldn't be on the front... totally pissed off right now

and why can the Canucks have a totally vintage uniform (jersey, pants, socks, gloves, helmets, etc) and all we get is the jersey and socks??? and now we don't even get the jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

totally pissed :angry: :angry: :angry:

Maybe the numbers are there because the players are used to them now.