GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

putting the numbers on the front totally pisses me off.... there is no reason for it. the Sabres said that this is officially a Vintage jersey and that's why they are allowed to wear it this year instead of waiting the NHL mandatory waiting period before getting a 3rd jersey when changing uniforms... well, if it's a vintage jersey then the numbers shouldn't be on the front... totally pissed off right now

and why can the Canucks have a totally vintage uniform (jersey, pants, socks, gloves, helmets, etc) and all we get is the jersey and socks??? and now we don't even get the jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

totally pissed :angry: :angry: :angry:

Purist!!!

I was wondering about that, too. Maybe they couldn't see who scored. And I was surprised this was Drury's first HT. Not that they are a dime a dozen, but he is a good scorer. Wonder if he is going to have a career year?

Drury was obstructed from view, so you didn't know that he scored until after play resumed.

Don't know what's bugging you exactly, but they made the same exact announcement in Detroit last night.

What bugs me is that not everything has to be tweaked. The anthem singer's not on the ice, Sabretooth has a new outfit, yada yada yada. I just don't understand who in the Sabres organization has so much time on their hands to decide to make this change! And Uncle Miltie cries...

http://www.staffannouncer.com/miltellis.htm

Great game, very fun game to be at. Looked grim at first but then they just clowned Weekes. They totally got into Jagr's head, too.

You guys can say all you want about Peters, but the fact remains that the fans love him, regardless of whether or not Paille would score more goals.

Hollweg is a wuss, seriously. He starts a scrum by hitting Campbell, then runs to the bench and leaves the rest of his line out with the tough guys for the Sabres, and Adam Hall ends up with his jersey over his face and a few knuckles upside his head as a result. Also, during the scrum, Sabretooth pounded on the glass so hard that he broke it and fell halfway onto the ice.

I have to say that I love Briere patting the Ranger player on the head after one of the early Buffalo goals. That was hilarious.

Oh, and how did I read through this thread and not see anything about Drury's second goal? That was nasty. I'll take a few more of those.

putting the numbers on the front totally pisses me off....

Uh, really. :huh:

I feel your anger...sounds like some sort of NHL marketing BS is being pulled on us.

I feel like I'm on a different planet.

I'll let you know when my jersey comes in. I ordered a blue vintage LaFontaine last week, and if has the friggen number on the front I'm gonna be royally pissed.

I'm starting to depart from the masses on this take. I need someone to explain to me how two little digits will ruin people lives.

It's a credibility issue, ink. The fans just feel like they've been lied to and jerked around on this uniform issue from the moment the Sabres skated onto the ice for the home finale in 2003 wearing the old look. People went nuts -- the new owner was telling them they would be wearing the old colors and old crest. Not only did they have to wait over three years to see a change, but the colors were tweaked and the old crest was subjugated to "throwback" status. This summer, we were told the Sabres would wear their vintage uni 15 times, but it was a lie. The numbers on the front make it an alternate jersey. How many people who ordered the old time sweaters knew what they were getting? How many will return them? The other lie was LQ saying the B with the sabre threw it would not be used in the new uniform. It's just been a fiasco, and only the winning product on the ice has kept it from being a disaster.

Also, during the scrum, Sabretooth pounded on the glass so hard that he broke it and fell halfway onto the ice.

Did you see Biron when ST did that? He turned around like..."what the f#^K did you do?" ST just mosied off. Never seen anything like that before. I wonder what kind of trouble he's in. Lay off the Premobolin Tooth.

It's a credibility issue, ink. The fans just feel like they've been lied to and jerked around on this uniform issue from the moment the Sabres skated onto the ice for the home finale in 2003 wearing the old look. People went nuts -- the new owner was telling them they would be wearing the old colors and old crest. Not only did they have to wait over three years to see a change, but the colors were tweaked and the old crest was subjugated to "throwback" status. This summer, we were told the Sabres would wear their vintage uni 15 times, but it was a lie. The numbers on the front make it an alternate jersey. How many people who ordered the old time sweaters knew what they were getting? How many will return them? The other lie was LQ saying the B with the sabre threw it would not be used in the new uniform. It's just been a fiasco, and only the winning product on the ice has kept it from being a disaster.

My opinion has departed from the masses.

Ink - why is that?

BTW, from another thread, this is my take on it, so no one pulls one comment out of the context of the post it was in:

As far as the throwbacks go, this is about where I stand. I am glad to have the B&G back for a few games, and I find the "numbers on the front of the vintage unis" to be a minor irritant. Not that they don't look good, but the way the vintage uniform rules were presented to the fans, it seemed that the throwback had to be just that - a throwback with no changes. It would seem that adding the front numbers would violate that "rule" making the sweater an alternate instead of a vintage. Whatever - like I said, it's a minor irritant, and I thought they looked pretty good.

Ink, I would guess that you do care SOMEWHAT, since you took the time to pick & respond to several different posts in the thread.

I'll admit that my initial reaction to the numbers on the front was "what? why the hell did they do that?" But I don't think it looks good or bad - I am indifferent on that aspect.

I think PA is dead on here - most fans who are still opposed to the slug logo see this as another example of the front office (really, in all fairness, Larry Quinn) spinnng the truth and BSing the fans.

And as far as if someone (like Preds) ordered a personalized jersey and it came back different than expected, I would (and have) done the same - I'd be pissed and would either return the jersey or demand they fix it. But that is a customer satisfaction thing - not a pro- or anti-Sabres/slug thing. Besides, I think that if a retail company is going to offer personalized jerseys, they have to verify with the league what personalization entails, so they can decide whether to offer pro-style personalization or replica personalization, and can then explain to their customers what each type includes, how much the charge is and verifies what information/lettering/numbers goes where.

Whatever. The more I look at the pics of the vintage jerseys with the numbers on the front, the more I like them (the numbers.) I just wish the Sabres would start being more upfront with the fans on this jersey fiasco. Its been a clusterfugg of immense proportions and colossal missteps right from the beginning, and it should have been a relatively easy decision and process.

I went to the jersey unveiling in September, and there were no numbers on the front of the vintage jerseys... could this possibly be a rule from the nhl(if its on one jersey, it has to be on all of them), or possibly the players deciding they liked the numbers on the front? Probably more likely than another LQ conspiracy since again, they weren't on there at the unveiling

Ink, I would guess that you do care SOMEWHAT, since you took the time to pick & respond to several different posts in the thread.

Touche.

I'll admit that my initial reaction to the numbers on the front was "what? why the hell did they do that?" But I don't think it looks good or bad - I am indifferent on that aspect.

I do kida like them there.

I think PA is dead on here - most fans who are still opposed to the slug logo see this as another example of the front office (really, in all fairness, Larry Quinn) spinnng the truth and BSing the fans.

I suppose everyone feels like they were misled. My brain is so fried, I barely remembered them wearing the B&G at the end of 2003.

And as far as if someone (like Preds) ordered a personalized jersey and it came back different than expected, I would (and have) done the same - I'd be pissed and would either return the jersey or demand they fix it. But that is a customer satisfaction thing - not a pro- or anti-Sabres/slug thing. Besides, I think that if a retail company is going to offer personalized jerseys, they have to verify with the league what personalization entails, so they can decide whether to offer pro-style personalization or replica personalization, and can then explain to their customers what each type includes, how much the charge is and verifies what information/lettering/numbers goes where.

Has anyone verified that the vintage sweaters for sale, will indeed have the #'s on the front.

Whatever. The more I look at the pics of the vintage jerseys with the numbers on the front, the more I like them (the numbers.) I just wish the Sabres would start being more upfront with the fans on this jersey fiasco. Its been a clusterfugg of immense proportions and colossal missteps right from the beginning, and it should have been a relatively easy decision and process.

I really feel like LQ is trying to do the right thing, but like a young teen trying to unhook his first bra, he struggles, fumbles through it, and eventually has to ask for help because the little dude just can't set those fleshy pillows free. Set them free Larry!

I really feel like LQ is trying to do the right thing, but like a young teen trying to unhook his first bra, he struggles, fumbles through it, and eventually has to ask for help because the little dude just can't set those fleshy pillows free. Set them free Larry!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just had this little exchange with a Ranger fan on another board:

Ranger Fan: Chris Drury is hack.

Me: Sorry, I can't hear you. Jagr's crying again.

Ranger Fan: Why, did Drury run another of his teammates after the whistle?

I pray that he's not serious with that last comment. Did he not see what that one jackass did at the end of the game? Wait, who am I kidding? Every Ranger fan turned the game off in the middle of the 2nd.