GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Keep me updated on the SO round results. I'm at work and can't hear it.

What happened, what happened????

Briere scored for Buffalo in the first round. Datsyuk scored for Detroit in the second. No one scored in the third. Kotalik scored in the 4th to give us the win!

Ohhh man. I did NOT want it to go to a shootout. Great Job Sabres! You guys owned us. Usually J-Williams scores for us, but Miller had him all the way. And my fav player Zata couldnt repeat the Datsyuk juke. great 2 points for the Sabres, decent 1 point for the Wings. I hope I can post again during a non Wings - Sabres game so I can root for Buffalo! peace out fellow hockey fans :)

Ohhh man. I did NOT want it to go to a shootout. Great Job Sabres! You guys owned us. Usually J-Williams scores for us, but Miller had him all the way. And my fav player Zata couldnt repeat the Datsyuk juke. great 2 points for the Sabres, decent 1 point for the Wings. I hope I can post again during a non Wings - Sabres game so I can root for Buffalo! peace out fellow hockey fans :)

You're a great sport. Come back any time. You've earned our respect.

Thanks dude, you showed a lot of class here, don't be a stranger!

And I genuinely hope Dom won't do you over like he has everyone else in the past years, NOBODY deserves that treatment. Well... Maybe the 'Canes but, that's it! :D

Peace out, Swede. Maybe our teams will meet in the Cup finals and have a Battle of Lake Erie.

I know I'm stating the obvious, but Dom just isn't at the level he was even two or three years ago. The poke check was great, vintage Dom, but he definitely doesn't have the right-left mobility he had before. I know he's 42(?), but I'm glad we had him in our prime.

To quote the Great One...this team is good, scary good. Miller won this one for them.

I know I'm stating the obvious, but Dom just isn't at the level he was even two or three years ago. The poke check was great, vintage Dom, but he definitely doesn't have the right-left mobility he had before. I know he's 42(?), but I'm glad we had him in our prime.

To quote the Great One...this team is good, scary good. Miller won this one for them.

You gotta think Dom is just one kick-save away from another groin snap, and it's probably in his head somewhere.

Great win after being down 2-0 early-on! This team continues to amaze.

And the Thrashers just tied the Herricanes. Hopefully another loss coming their way.

Oh and you're welcome here anytime, swedishconnection.

BTW, when will Connolly be coming back? Any word?

Briere's SO goal was nasty. Dom lost his jock on it. On the TSN feed they showed Hasek and he was looking up at the jumbtron with a damn look on his face. It took a period for th eboys to get their legs under them. You got to give Lindy some credit for sending Peters out there to fire the boys up. It seemed from then on they were into it.

One victory in Detroit .... Let's make it two

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Briere - Score

Max - Miss

Vanek - Miss

Kotalik- Score

Assclown - Miss

Assclown - Score

Assclown - Miss

Assclown - Miss

Sabres win.

AD, show some "sportsmanship". If the players have to exercise some professionalism, then so should the fans.

swedishconnection, thanks for contributing tonight... stop by and talk hockey with us. some of us are pretty knowledgeable in the nhl outside of the sabres and in minor league hockey. your posts are always welcome... and if you're just a troll, go troll on a sucky team's board, cause this team is awesome. The red wings showed a lot more speed than i previously gave them credit for. they played a very good, disciplined game. they were not beaten by a better team tonight, they were beaten by timely goal scoring, a never quit attitude, and by sick shootout moves... oh yeah, they were also beaten by an all world goalie.... tough to swallow if you're the team with hasek on it! anyway, swede, and the red wings, we'll see you again in the finals, if you m ake it that far... check in often dude, you're just the newest member of a sweet online community.

AD, show some "sportsmanship". If the players have to exercise some professionalism, then so should the fans.

Trust me, worse things than this were uttered on the ice tonight. I guarantee it.

I have nothing against the current version of the Red Wings, since now they actually have to play by the same rules everyone else does. When they were spending 300% more a year than we were, it was another story. Had Yzerman been in the shootout, it would have gone Assclown, Assclown, the Captain, Assclown.

Nothing to do with sportsmanship. I couldn't remember who shot first and didn't want to call him an assclown and leave his teammates out.

Don't know if I'd agree with that.

oh come on, the sabres were terrible in the 1st... the 2nd was even, and the 3rd was marred by crappy penalties... if anything the matchup was even. I'm not saying that the sabres didn't deserve to win. 2 power play goals, a full 2:00 5 on 3 kill. and an OT penalty kill is very deserving. however, i think eveyrone can agree that the sabres did not bring their A game. I just hope it shows up against the rangers tomorrow. By the way, if we get 4 points out of this weekend, which i hope we'll do, it will be a great weekend.