GAME THREAD

Seannie34

Is it possible that Max is the worst finisher this team ever saw? Jeeez, what a miss.....

update in OT! Nice shot Max!

Marty better thank his mates for picking him up. I didn't turn the game on until the beginning of the second. JS Giguere tried to steal the game for the Ducks. Once Vanek tied it at 1 Marty tried to give it away on an extraordinarily weak - even for him - goal.

update in OT! Nice shot Max!

Marty better thank his mates for picking him up. I didn't turn the game on until the beginning of the second. JS Giguere tried to steal the game for the Ducks. Once Vanek tied it at 1 Marty tried to give it away on an extraordinarily weak - even for him - goal.

The real question is which Anaheim goal was weaker?

The real question is which Anaheim goal was weaker?

I haven't seen the first - I can't believe it was worse than the second. Oh wait, this is Marty we're discussing. He deserves credit for very good overall play while Miller has been out, but weak goals late in tie games are a problem.

Decent job? Were you watching the same game as me?

Pretty sure I was. 28 stops, a couple of which were nice (but not robberies), same as Giguere. Not terrific, hardly horrible, just decent. This board has a tendency to be overly critical of Biron. He's done pretty well as a backup, and tonight, while he let in one really weak goal (#2) and one that wasn't quite as weak as reported here (#1), he got the job done again.

That said, yes, I'm looking forward to Miller's return, but I'm also confident that the team makes the playoffs even with this horrible sieve named Biron.

I haven't seen the first - I can't believe it was worse than the second. Oh wait, this is Marty we're discussing. He deserves credit for very good overall play while Miller has been out, but weak goals late in tie games are a problem.

OK. :angry:

I get attacked by everyone and their sister for being negative?

Marty is 11-4-1 and "He deserves credit for very good overall play while Miller has been out, but weak goals late in tie games are a problem."?????????????????????

I guess all four of the loses are games where a weak goal went in when the game was tied?

:blink: :blink: :blink:

He's hardly been a sieve. 7 of the wins, he let in 2 goals or less. He's not the future, but don't exaggerate.

Point taken, but his nack for letting in soft goals has been getting to me for years now, and while I agree he's been a decent backup during the last stretch, I don't think it's helathy for a penny-pinching team to have a 2 mill. dollar backup.

I have to say I'm definitely impressed with the Sabres when it comes to overtime. They've lost only one game so far in overtime, and that was to a good Rangers team, and Mika was playing hurt, AND Marty had to come in cold during the SO. Hopefully they keep up the success. I think this game makes the Sabres 5-1 in OT? 7-1 including preseason?

Great comeback by the Sabres after a very lackluster first period. Other thoughts...

-When did McKee become so terrible at handling the puck. I don't ever remember him being that bad in seasons past. I swear him and Grier would come in last and second to last if they ever had a skills competition among all NHL players.

-Peters is a waste of a roster spot. I don't want to see Thorburn stay up here and only play a few shifts a game as I believe he can benefit from a season with the Amerks getting a load of playing time. That being said, I think an ideal guy for the fourth line who may only dress every few games would be Chris Taylor(I know he is injured, but do not know how long he is out for). He would be a nice fill in until the Sabres can get healthy.

-Pominville looks like he has shown enough to stay up for awhile.

-Power play comes up big again.

-Biron was solid, but the terrible goals have to stop. Once again...POOR FUNDAMENTALS!

-Please Lindy...I am begging you. Give Drury somebody to work with other than Grier. I know he would have to play the wing, but give Gaustad a chance with Drury and Hecht.

-Keep up the good work. If the Sabres can get by Dallas & Minnesota with a split, they will be licking their chops for the home and home with Pittsburgh next weekend.

-When did McKee become so terrible at handling the puck.

I think the new rules have affected him the most on the team.

Peters is a waste of a roster spot. I don't want to see Thorburn stay up here

Don't worry, he's in the Roc.

-Pominville looks like he has shown enough to stay up for awhile.

He would have to clear waivers to be sent down and their is no way he would make it through.

Give Drury somebody to work with other than Grier.

Grier is effective on the 4th line, that is where he should be.

Kotalik is too good not to have a nickname.

How about the 'K-Gun'?

Too corny or have I had too many beers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about AK-47 (he'd have to change his number from 12 to 47 though... but that would be a sweet nickname!