GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Man, I thought the Hurricanes game was awesome, but this was even more unbelievable---it looked like they were down and out after taking a parade to the penalty box late in the 3rd period and then the Canadiens made it 4-2...after Briere scored to make it 4-3, I thought here they go, and sure enough, Afinegenov tied it up with under 15 seconds left, then they win in OT...

Looks like we can expect more of the same from last year!!

well, i wasn't planning on having a heart attack 2 games into the season, but here we are!!! What a game!! Playoff atmosphere in october. All i can say is "wow".

Positives:

You know guys, maybe that lindy ruff guy knows what he's talking about with andrew peters... He had a decent game.

Danny briere is not worth $5 million... he's worth $6 million.

Afinogenov finally closed out a chance, with 13 f----- seconds left!!!

Negatives:

When TSN announcers are bashing the refs for calls that benefit the habs, you've got a major officiating problem on your hands. What a terrible game!!

The impending power play slump is going to worry me after tomorrow night if there's no improvement.

Wow... holy sh!!

They're starting to remind me of the old Cleveland Browns, aka the Cardiac Kids.

Either way, a win is a win -- in spite of the disgraceful officiating. :ph34r:

I'll take the win every time, but I am also disgusted at the handful of idiots throwing crap on the ice in the middle of play. I know the officiating sucked, and I wanted to jump on the ice myself, but this isn't Philly or Toronto or New York - behave with some class and restraint during the game, and don't act like you should be wearing a an orange & black sweater.

well, i wasn't planning on having a heart attack 2 games into the season, but here we are!!! What a game!! Playoff atmosphere in october. All i can say is "wow".

Positives:

You know guys, maybe that lindy ruff guy knows what he's talking about with andrew peters... He had a decent game.

Danny briere is not worth $5 million... he's worth $6 million.

Afinogenov finally closed out a chance, with 13 f----- seconds left!!!

Negatives:

When TSN announcers are bashing the refs for calls that benefit the habs, you've got a major officiating problem on your hands. What a terrible game!!

The impending power play slump is going to worry me after tomorrow night if there's no improvement.

Wow... holy sh!!

I'll add Vanek's play to the positives - 2 assists, a SO goal and didn't disappear like he had in the past. I think his overall game is improving a lot and he should only get better...

Peters - I guess that 25lbs he lost was a huge difference in his play - I was overall impressed by him. His skating looks faster and smoother - he actually looked (at least for tonight) like he might be able to stick in the league as something other than a goon.

And could someone find the idiot in the white pinstriped hat that kept standing up in front of the TSN camera at the end of the game, and smack his ass around? WTF???

Whoa, what's with the thread merge?

my bad...

I'm colorblind and without glasses... I clicked on the boxes to merge some game threads tonight and first hit "close threads"... Then i opened them, then i merged them together with the carolina slug thread, then i had to split them. But I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

again, i appologize for hijacking the board for the past 10 minutes

Thoughts:

First of all: This way this team wins a game looks surprisingly like last year's, which is obviously good.

Novotny: Does not look like a guy who played in Rochester most of last year.

Danny: Way to tell the refs to go f themselves with that "stuff it" goal. Although before that I thought he was kinda mailing it in.

Miller: Amazing as usual, along with Spacek. Without Miller and Spacek we don't have the chance to tie it up.

Fancy-pants Max: Take a page from Danny's book, pick a shot and take it!!!

Reffing: Not worth getting frustrated about since we won, but there were some questionable ones there, to say the least.

Peters: Showed that he doesn't deserve to be on this team. Gooning it up cost us that first goal, then he was just pretty much farting around the ice the rest of the night.

Blocking shots: Anyone watching MSG had to listen to lots of chat about blocking shots. It seemed to me that maybe over-concentrating on blocking shots caused some tentativeness in the D (I thought Lydman

got kinda soft there by just going down on one knee a couple times). Any thoughts?

Sluggalo: Home blues not that bad (although it pains me to say this). Away whites still look ridiculous.

Thoughts:

First of all: This way this team wins a game looks surprisingly like last year's, which is obviously good.

Novotny: Does not look like a guy who played in Rochester most of last year.

Danny: Way to tell the refs to go f themselves with that "stuff it" goal. Although before that I thought he was kinda mailing it in.

Miller: Amazing as usual, along with Spacek. Without Miller and Spacek we don't have the chance to tie it up.

Reffing: Not worth getting frustrated about since we won, but there were some questionable ones there, to say the least.

I agree with the above, but add the following:

Power Play: Needs serious focus work. I realize it is only game two, but 0-9 in game one and a full 4 minutes of double minor power play, almost two full minutes of it 5 on 3 without a point in game two is not acceptable.