a NEW new uni thread

Eleven

I still hate the logo. I'm not a fan of the "streamlined" look. But one thing I do like: the players are easier to identify (at least in the away whites and on a shoddy bar tv) because the numbers on the back are easier to read. Probably because the yellow trim around the numerals blends with the white sweater, leaving the blue numerals to be more perceptible.

I still hate the logo. I'm not a fan of the "streamlined" look. But one thing I do like: the players are easier to identify (at least in the away whites and on a shoddy bar tv) because the numbers on the back are easier to read. Probably because the yellow trim around the numerals blends with the white sweater, leaving the blue numerals to be more perceptible.

I thought the exact opposite. I'd take black on white any day over blue on white.

My roommate noticed that the gold in the logo didn't match the jerseys. wtf?

Honestly, the jerseys are nice.. . The slug still sucks and sadly, always will.

Thanks Reebok and Quinny.

Just got done watching the highlights, and I cannot agree more. The jerseys look modern, sleek, even - dare I say it - "cool." But as soon as you get a look at the crest on the front my reaction is "ugh." I didn't think it was possible for them to create a logo that looked out of place EVERYWHERE, but they did - good job Rbk & Sabres creative services.

Its really disappointing, b/c I could see buying a jersey if the logo was better. Now I'll wait for the vintage jersey to be avilable in the darker blue...

I'm pretty much sold on the new uni's. The home one especially is very sleek, modern and cool looking. The new logo is not awe inspiring but after 20 games or so I can see myself getting used to it or at least I won't notice it as much.

The most curious thing to me is why they will wear the boring-ass retro blue uni's for 12 games?!? I'd much rather see the new home uni's than those old things. If they were going to wear the old white uniform then I would be cool with it but the blue one's, other than the logo, are not cool at all. That was a bad decision to appease some fans who were clamoring for the old uni. wearing it 3 or 4 times would have been sufficient.

I'm pretty much sold on the new uni's. The home one especially is very sleek, modern and cool looking. The new logo is not awe inspiring but after 20 games or so I can see myself getting used to it or at least I won't notice it as much.

The most curious thing to me is why they will wear the boring-ass retro blue uni's for 12 games?!? I'd much rather see the new home uni's than those old things. If they were going to wear the old white uniform then I would be cool with it but the blue one's, other than the logo, are not cool at all. That was a bad decision to appease some fans who were clamoring for the old uni. wearing it 3 or 4 times would have been sufficient.

They're not wearing the vintage (get the term right) uni for 15 games to "appease some fans who were clamoring for the old uni." The decision to wear the vintage as an alternate this year came solely from the backlash against the horrible logo that leaked out, as evidenced by LQ's hastily called press conference. 30,000+ petitioners didn't want the original uniforms back, they just wanted a new logo that is better than the slug, and judging from most people's reactions and thus far, it seems that the logo is really the only bad part of the sweater.

They're not wearing the vintage (get the term right) uni for 15 games to "appease some fans who were clamoring for the old uni." The decision to wear the vintage as an alternate this year came solely from the backlash against the horrible logo that leaked out, as evidenced by LQ's hastily called press conference. 30,000+ petitioners didn't want the original uniforms back, they just wanted a new logo that is better than the slug, and judging from most people's reactions and thus far, it seems that the logo is really the only bad part of the sweater.

Whatever,,,,,my main point is they have a really cool new home jersey that is enjoyable to see in action, and they will put it on the shelf for 12 or 15 games to bring back the awful, boring blue road jersey's of the 70's and 80's. That's not smart. Like i said, if it were the vintage home white uniform then that would be fine. I think that's the one we all like to remember,,,,,not the blue road duds.

I don't disagree that the white one is the better of the vintage unis - hell I don't thikn anyone would disagree with that - but since the vintage/alternate jerseys have to be dark, per NHL rules, we get the blue one.

If LQ were truly pushing the new logo stuff hard to try to sell as much of the new merchandise as possible, then I agree it isn't smart to hide the new product nearly 1/3 of the home schedule.

The Sabres' decision to use the vintage for 15 games should be seen as a small victory for the anti-slug people - the fact that LQ would rather shelve the new uni for 15 games to "appease the fans" means all the negative pub and backlash did have an impact...hopefully we can get the logo tweaked/altered to make it look acceptable, and we can all move on...

Watched it with a bunch of hockey buddies who are not Sabres fans.

Comments on unis:

* "With the dark arms and all white near the bottom, they look like T-shirts."

* "The Canes logo is twice the size of the Buffalo."

* "Colors aren't bad and the numbers look sharp."

* "Sorry Kev, but that logo if f'n atrocious."

* "Like the numbers on the front."

FWIW, one of the guys on my team is an NHL official (booth, not ice) and he said that even the refs/officials hate the new logo. Maybe that's a good thing???

i'm liking everything but the logo...awhile ago i complained it just needed legs; actually, i'd even settle for SHOULDERS. Then it wouldn't look like an eyebrow.

But overall, the whole uniform is still much better than the one it replaced. i LOVE the numbers on the front. i think that is very cool. and i love the colors.

still, i don't think i will buy one...that damn logo...

The unis looked sharp but the logo still looks wierd. During the studio portion of the game, they had both logos on the front of the desk and if you just walked into the room you would have had no idea what the Sabres logo was. It is what it is though ... a slug.

During last night's SportsCenter, Barry Melrose went off on the Sabres and verbally tore the new uniforms to shreds. I'm sure that none of us actually care about his opinions, but I was glad to see such negative press on a national broadcast.

Wow, wish I could have seen that. Usually Barry doesn't say much of substance, but it is nice to know that it isn't just a "handful of whiners on some message boards" who hate the logo...

I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but at least in the 2nd intermission (and I'd assume during the rest of the broadcast), the top left TV in the background behind Clement, Jones, and Engblom had the Shatanic Goathead on it instead of the abominable snot smear.

Small favors. I'll take what I can get. ;)

Hehe, even ESPN is commenting on the new jersey...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/061004

Scroll down to the middle of the page and find "The Sabres have new home and road attire too"

Not only that, on ESPN "Page 2" NHL For Dummies, you get this for the Buffalo Sabres:

"Fun Fact: One dollar from all Sabres jerseys sold with the team's new logo is donated to nonprofit organizations that care for and treat buffaloes tragically born without limbs."

Hilarious!! :lol:

Comments on unis:

* "With the dark arms and all white near the bottom, they look like T-shirts."

* "The Canes logo is twice the size of the Buffalo."

. Maybe that's a good thing???

The white jersey could use some trim on the bottom,,,,that would help. Also, the limbless Buffalo logo just looks incomplete to me. It's missing something. Maybe it needs to be inside a crest or something?...or maybe just add some limbs?? Otherwise the jersey colors and style are fine.

Archived