Dumont in Nashville???

Top Shelf

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Spector is very reliable.

Spector's website doesn't operate like Eklund - i.e., he doesn't have his own "sources" - instead, he operates like the news section of TSR or TBD - collecting clips of news stories from other media outlets and passing them on, usually with his own commentary on whether the rumor is credible, or how just some general comments on how this affects the teams' payroll, cap, coaches, etc.

I like Spector b/c you're not getting the same BS that passes for rumors elsewhere - I think he requires some sort of media source for stuff to be posted there. That's not to say the newspapers, websites, etc referenced don't use the "sources tell me" line that apparently gets people here so hot & bothered, but I think he stays away from the "my brother's wife's hairdresser is dating so-and-so and he said..." type of crap that you tend to see on blogs & message boards.

Good Luck, JP.

:( I still held some hope it would work out.

I didn't hold out much hope that he'd come back this year, but I was definitely hoping he'd only get a 1 year deal so the Sabres could try to work something out next season. Oh, well.

Best of luck to him, I hope he does well right until the Finals, then hopefully all bets are off.

good luck to JP... I'm also very happy for the health of the league that his numbers fell well below his abritration ruling.

Lets fast forward to the end of next season. What if briere tanks this season... that arbitration number will look more crazy then than it does now.

good luck to JP... I'm also very happy for the health of the league that his numbers fell well below his abritration ruling.

Lets fast forward to the end of next season. What if briere tanks this season... that arbitration number will look more crazy then than it does now.

I think if you put Pominville or Kotalik, both of whom possess great shots, on a line with Briere, all will be well.

I think if you put Pominville or Kotalik, both of whom possess great shots, on a line with Briere, all will be well.

I agree... Briere made JP good last year, jp did not make briere good. Briere is like any superstar. he makes everyone around him better.

We will see how he plays against us December 21st in Nashville...

Yep. And that's the ONLY time, this year, 'cause dem ice hockey playin' folk in Tennessee ain't makin' it to no goshdarn ice hockey final.

JP made a financial decision, but maybe not a great hockey decision. Wish him well, but his name could have been engraved had he stayed. If I'm JP, that's worth at least 10%.

Yep. And that's the ONLY time, this year, 'cause dem ice hockey playin' folk in Tennessee ain't makin' it to no goshdarn ice hockey final.

JP made a financial decision, but maybe not a great hockey decision. Wish him well, but his name could have been engraved had he stayed. If I'm JP, that's worth at least 10%.

I disagree, Nashville is a talented team with speed. If Vokoun stays healthy they should go deep into the playoffs.

Archived