GAME THREAD

Corp000085

Guest FSUWolf21

Seriously...if Mika isn't hurt, then Ruff should be fired TONIGHT. How can you let the kid stand on his head all game long, keep them in the game, then put in that pile of crap COLD to face two of the top offensive players in the league? I really am not buying Lorentz's injury comment, b/c Biron had his mask on while on the bench while the teams waited for the shootout to start...

Guest FSUWolf21
gotta be hurt...  no way is a coach that stupid (mike mularkey aside)

I really hope you're right, and it is an injury, otherwise Lindy really is the worst coach in the NHL, and should be shown the door.

Ok. I have 3 things to say about tonights game.

1. Sabres should've won that game. They were being penalized for the same things the Rangers were doing. Hmm....

2. Ruff made a HUGE mistake to put a cold goaltender (who is known to allow goals on early shot) in for the last 2 shootout shooters. What was he thinking. I think that move alone should question whether he treats players fairly despite personal differences. :angry:

3. What is up with all these lawyer commerials on Buffalo TV? No wonder the economy is sh#t there. Your only industry is court because everyone is sueing the crap out of each other. :(

WOW. I still gotta say, from what I've seen so far this year, this team will make the playoffs and I hope that they are hitting on all cylinders when the playoffs start.

gotta be hurt... no way is a coach that stupid (mike mularkey aside)

Lindy is a dumbass. Why would you keep a keeper in knowing he pulled his groin mid, early 3rd??? WOW, the Bills have to fire Mularkey, cause the dumbass syndrome seems to be rubbing of on Lindy.

Doesn't matter how good the goalie is doing, if you know he is hurt... and especialy a GROIN, you gotta take him out. I'll bet the Sabres will have a report tomorrow saying Mika is out 2 months or so :rolleyes: Instad of trade bait, we'll just put another goalie on the IR.

ok i didn't even realise he changed the goalie for the shoot out until i read it here.... WTF is that... ok RUFF is the sabres fans public enemy NO.1............ and hes on OUR team.... this is getting ridicilious already... Man... Jagr must have been laughing when he saw noronen skating for the bench... same with nylander or whoever else took the penalty shots... just plain laughing.... who does this!

I'm almost afraid to post this, but if Mika was hurt in the 3rd but felt he could try to play through it and did play through it in the 3rd, I think Lindy did the right thing in letting Mika try to start the shootout. (Note: I have no idea when Mika got hurt as the DirecTV feed of the Sabres Shootout cut out about 1-1/2 minutes into it and couldn't get the MSG postgame report right off.)

We all saw what Marty did on no warm up whatsoever. I don't blame him for giving up the goals to 2 of the best shooters in the league. Considering how Marty did on the 2 shots he faced, and let's be honest, did ANYONE on this board expect Marty to stop either shot, I would have been reluctant to go to him for the shootout. I can honestly say I expected NY to score on both those shots; I was hoping for a miracle but expecting what we got.

Knowing Marty would not get any warm up, I don't think it was a particularly bad decision to have Mika try to start the shootout. When he moved awkwardly on the 1st one, I think Lindy realized that Mika had little hope of stopping either of the next 2 shots either and went with the guy that he thought then gave him a better chance of stopping a shot.

Although I see your point about pulling Mika, I still think that I would've stuck with the goalie whose adrenaline was still flowing from playing the game then to go to the cold goalie. Yes Mika probably would've allowed the other two goals but it was all but guaranteed that Marty was going to.

If they were worried about Mika extending his injury then they should've pulled him when he got hurt.

Putting biron in against jagr is like putting a byclicle in front of a train....

Jagr = Train

Biron = Bycicle

As for noronen its not to much better but it is better... injured or not... something along the line of this...

Jagr = Train

Noronen = Truck

God im sooo pissed at ruff right now... its getting frustrating... and im usually pretty calm.

its not biron that were mad at really... this was expected from him... its ruff... what the hell was he thinking putting a cold goalie in... injury or not.

So what are you saying? That Ruff should force a guy who's injured to keep playing? Are you some kind of sadist? What if Norenen let in all 3 goals, then you found out Ruff kept him in when he wanted to be taken out? I'm sure you would be defending Ruff then, right?

You people are so consumed with hammering Ruff that you don't even notice when you you are babbling.

PTR

So what are you saying? That Ruff should force a guy who's injured to keep playing? Are you some kind of sadist? What if Norenen let in all 3 goals, then you found out Ruff kept him in when he wanted to be taken out? I'm sure you would be defending Ruff then, right?

You people are so consumed with hammering Ruff that you don't even notice when you you are babbling.

PTR

There are many reasons to justify hammering Ruff!

However, I to lost the feed to the postgame show and have yet to see any information (including here) that indicates what the real story is regarding an injury or not.

Does anybody here really know if an injury was involved or was it a Coach's decision to make the change without any such consideration?

Did the postgame show reveal anything?

There are many reasons to justify hammering Ruff!

However, I to lost the feed to the postgame show and have yet to see any information (including here) that indicates what the real story is regarding an injury or not.

Does anybody here really know if an injury was involved or was it a Coach's decision to make the change without any such consideration?

Did the postgame show reveal anything?

Nevermind....saw some information at the Sabres' site. Apparently it's the groin. Looks like we called up Leighton from Rochester.

My thoughts on the game...

-Without Noronen between the pipes, the Sabres would not even had one point. With a little help from the goalpost ;) , I though Mika played great. Regardless of the shots on goal, the Rangers outskated, out hit and had the better chances last night. The only edge the Sabres had was at the goalie position.

-Was Drury doing his best Mike Grier imitation during the shootout? That was a lame attempt. Vanek is an obvious choice for the top three whenever there is a shootout.

-Speaking of Grier, for a guy getting time on one of the top 3 lines, he has some of the worst puck handling and shooting skills I have ever seen. They are comparable to guys who in the past have been nothing but enforcers. I'm not even sure Grier is capable of lifting the puck off the ice when shooting. It pains me to say this, but I think Pyatt is twice the player Grier is and should replace him on the line with Drury.

-One other point on Vanek...As I predicted before the season, it didn't take long before he would end up in Lindy's doghouse. This was reinforced by the fact that he wasn't involved in the shootout last night and also evident by the lack of PP time Vanek gets. From what I have seen, he is one of the most skilled players the Sabres have in regards to both passing and shooting. He should be on the #1 PP unit ALWAYS!!!

-Derek Roy...I had high hopes for Roy and I know he is still young, but I have been disappointed in his play. How many times a game does he get knocked off his skates? I know he is on the small side, but so is Breire and I don't see him sliding around on the ice constantly. I still would like to see Roy get some time on the PP where he could take advantage of his offensive skills.

PTR

noronen would have told ruff if he was injured right away... but i guess it is a groin injury... however at the time it was unknown... looked like another 'personal' attack on noronen by ruff.

no... not at all actually... regardless though... i think noronen could have played through the strain for 2 shots... two lousey shots... i don't know what the extent of his injury is but still...

Remember Hasek's recurring groin problems? Hell, look at all the groin pulls for goalies around the league. If a goalie has an injured groin, you CANNOT leave him out there.

Lindy screwed up by not taking him out earlier, of course, hindsight is 20/20. Most coaches probably would've done the same.