What's With TSW Posters..

Bmwolf21

To be fair, I don't post over there. Ever. And I haven't really visited the forums there since after the draft, but now as I go through some of the threads, there are some definite sour grapes about the Sabres stealing some of the Bills' media coverage. Anyone else notice this, is there any truth to it, or is it more of the TSW (and SabresReport) posters' tendencies to look for something to complain about? Please discuss.

To be fair, I don't post over there. Ever. And I haven't really visited the forums there since after the draft, but now as I go through some of the threads, there are some definite sour grapes about the Sabres stealing some of the Bills' media coverage. Anyone else notice this, is there any truth to it, or is it more of the TSW (and SabresReport) posters' tendencies to look for something to complain about? Please discuss.

To clarify, I think your question is in regards to the balance of coverage between the Sabres and the Bills and if the Sabres are currently getting more exposure than the time of the year should dictate....

That's funny. Sabres fans who aren't huge Bills fans have had football shoved down their throat by John Murphy et al in February, March, April, May... for years. Hopefully the worm keeps turning. Certainly if both franchises continue on their current path, it will.

That's funny. Sabres fans who aren't huge Bills fans have had football shoved down their throat by John Murphy et al in February, March, April, May... for years. Hopefully the worm keeps turning. Certainly if both franchises continue on their current path, it will.

Hopefully, both franchises get on the track of winning games and championships. Maybe that's just me though... <_>

Hopefully, both franchises get on the track of winning games and championships. Maybe that's just me though... <_<

yeah, i'd gladly take a super bowl championship over a stanley cup anyday... But, that's just cause the super bowl is in february and the cup is in june...

It was basically one poster ranting and raving because WGR was talking about the Sabres on the day training camp opened.

I have issues with WGR, but most of them revolve around lack of guests and talking non-sports WAY TOO MUCH! ;)

Hopefully, both franchises get on the track of winning games and championships. Maybe that's just me though... <_<

I guess the comment is born out of jealousy. Except for a nice stretch of success, the Bills have done nothing in their history to be THAT much more popular than the Sabres. And I'm one of those who will always say hockey is 10 times the sport, and the players 10 times the athlete, that football is. OK, maybe 5 times. I'm a Bills fan, too, so I don't really want them to lose. I've just lost my taste for that league. Losing hasn't helped. But what really has killed it for me is the advent of fantasy football, forcing all those ridiculous stats on the screen all game long, and all the ridiculous celebrations on the field. I forget what old time football hardass said, because of that, if they offered to pick him up in a limo and take him to a game, all expenses paid, he would tell them to get lost.

yeah, i'd gladly take a super bowl championship over a stanley cup anyday... But, that's just cause the super bowl is in february and the cup is in june...

?????? :blink: I'm sure I am missing something here, so I am not going to object to this statement ... Saying you'd rather win a Super Bowl is fine, i just don't get the reasoning. Like I said, probably missing something. It's early.

Personally, I have come to realize I would rather win a Cup ... there are several reasons, none of which are really arguments to convince others I am right, just reasons ...

1. The way the NFL has changed in the last 10 years, I feel like it's so hard to feel attached to the players. I realize the salary cap and everything that goes with it allows Buffalo to have a team, and I would never change that, but it's just different. Hockey will eventually be this way too, but for now i still feel we have "our guys." Also, hockey is not like other sports, like when the Red Sox won and half the country was all of a sudden a Sox fan. In hockey, sure there are casual fans who get more excited when the Sabres are winning, but at least they are all from Buffalo. No one else is trying to get on the bandwagon, and I say good. You didn't suffer with us, don't try to join in our fun now.

2. As much as I love the Sabres of my youth, I recognize that they were never good enough as a team to win it all. They never had all the pieces at the same time. When the Sabres win it all, I will feel like I am watching the best Sabres team ever. It certainly would have been that way this season. If the Bills win, on the other hand, you will have a hard time convincing me that any team put together these days can hold a candle to the 1988-96 Bills. We will never see the likes of that again. And yes I recognize part of this is me having been so emotionally attached to that team, but seriously none of the "great" teams in the league now are as good as the best teams from that era. It's just not possible to keep it together. And as much as I hope someday to be in Niagara Square at a Super Bowl celebration, part of me will feel Kelly and Company deserved to be up there.

3. A Cup run is just more fun than a Super Bowl run. While we haven't won either, we've experienced both plenty of times. There is just nothing like having a game every other night for two months with everything on the line. It's a bit more of a roller coaster because there are losses in there, but still so much more fun.

To clarify, I did see more than a couple people tossing comments into regular posts, but it didn't seem to be more than a handful of posters. I am a fan of both teams, and from when I lived in WNY (and when I come back to visit at the holidays) I can remember instances where you have to wait through a daily practice report on the Bills to get to talk about the Sabres.

I guess as a Sabres' fan, I have always lived with the premise that the Bills are no. 1 in that town, but now it seems like free agency and the new logo have stolen some of the Bills' media thunder, and its gotten some posters' noses out of joint. I just wondered if anyone else had noticed it, and if the Sabres were indeed "dominating" coverage, as one poster inferred.

Over the weekend WGR's website had an onlne poll that asked what was the bigger news story: The Sabres' uniform news or opening day of Bills training camp. With over 1500 votes, the result was: Sabres=64%, Bills=36%. Shows you where WNY'ers' heads were and why WGR would feature the Sabres over the Bills right now.

WGR did something right by covering what the majority of people wanted to know.

Over the weekend WGR's website had an onlne poll that asked what was the bigger news story: The Sabres' uniform news or opening day of Bills training camp. With over 1500 votes, the result was: Sabres=64%, Bills=36%. Shows you where WNY'ers' heads were and why WGR would feature the Sabres over the Bills right now.

WGR did something right by covering what the majority of people wanted to know.

A bit of a honeymoon is going on here.

?????? :blink: I'm sure I am missing something here, so I am not going to object to this statement ... Saying you'd rather win a Super Bowl is fine, i just don't get the reasoning. Like I said, probably missing something. It's early.

2. As much as I love the Sabres of my youth, I recognize that they were never good enough as a team to win it all. They never had all the pieces at the same time. When the Sabres win it all, I will feel like I am watching the best Sabres team ever. It certainly would have been that way this season.

I don't get Corp's quote, either.

I was just telling a friend last night that I just absolutely loved that last hockey season. I think that was the best Sabres team of all time, night in, and night out. Can't wait for the season to start again!

The Bills are going nowhere this year. I'll watch every game, but I won't live and die with it like I have in the past. I hold no hope for this season at all, and I think a lot of my brethren feel the same way.

The Bills are going nowhere this year. I'll watch every game, but I won't live and die with it like I have in the past. I hold no hope for this season at all, and I think a lot of my brethren feel the same way.

The Sabres for me are #1.

The Bills I like too, but that has always felt like more of an affliction.

Something in my DNA that I can't shake.

That and Darryl Talley and Jim Kelly road over my foot in a golf cart once.

The Sabres for me are #1.

The Bills I like too, but that has always felt like more of an affliction.

Something in my DNA that I can't shake.

That and Darryl Talley and Jim Kelly road over my foot in a golf cart once.

Yeah but you failed to mention you were passed out drunk and they served to avoid hitting you... ;)

Archived