Will you Buy anything with the new logo...

elcrusho

Will you Buy anything with the new logo...  

90 members have voted

1. 1. With Larry Quinn 'SAYING' people will buy the new jersey, will you buy one or anything with the logo on it...

• Yes
    • No
    • I am going to treat anyone that wears the new logo Like a Scab coming across the picket line...

I don't love it but I like it. Will buy a hat or two. I have followed the Sabres since 1973 and of all the Sabre uni's the only one I ever actually liked was the original home whites. Other than that they were all brutal. Showed the logo to my 14 y.o. son and he was all over it. If the jerseys end up with any sort of slanty, angular stripes then I'll be p.o.'d.

Old-school blues in a navy shade (when they arrive on the scene) should look good. Will look like crap this year with royal jersey, darker socks/pants.

I'll ask this for about the third time. Why do so many of you who hate the slug use it as an avatar? I really don't get it! We have learned that Larry Quinn reads this board and others. Don't you think if he see the slug being used in this manner, he could conclude that a lot of fans accept it, even like it?

I'll buy something, just to add to my collection of sabres gear. Probably a puck or two. Jersey would be pushing it. :P

However, anyone who voted the last option, I hope you don't consider yourselves Sabres fans if you're going to do in anyway discourage other fans based on them supporting the team.

I'll ask this for about the third time. Why do so many of you who hate the slug use it as an avatar? I really don't get it! We have learned that Larry Quinn reads this board and others. Don't you think if he see the slug being used in this manner, he could conclude that a lot of fans accept it, even like it?

I don't know if you aren't seeing the same thing, or if you're waiting for someone to answer you so you can jump all over them, but I'll bite... ;)

I don't see anyone using the slug alone as their avatar - what I see (maybe your settings are off? are animated GIFs that show the slug being attacked with a sabre (elcrusho's avatar) or the word "NO" flashing over the slug before changing to a celsius design logo and the word "YES" flashing over that.

Well, as of this writing, 28% say they'll buy. Add to that the legion of kids who will buy (or ask for) anything that the pros currently are wearing, but who probably don't read this board. Also consider that a certain percentage of those who say they won't buy are people who just don't wear team-branded merchandise.

Is that enough to call the new logo somewhat successful from a retailing point of view? Discuss.

if the majority of fans don't want the slug to stick around more than a year, we can't have this many people basically approving of it. In the other thread we had people saying "don't buy ANYTHING, not one single item with the new logo" and almost everyone agreed... and now we have 1/4 of people saying "I'll buy"... I know this is only a sample of 57 people right now... but this board is one place that can eventually be a voice and get change moving in the right direction....

looks like we'll be stuck with the slug for a while :angry:

Not wanting to buy the "slug" and having kids as mentioned above (I have three that I have already promised new jerseys for -they have the originals and red/black) is what will happen. It took a long time to accept the red/black - but I love the mask my wife gave me (see my avatar). The sales will happen. If the idea of the poll was for people to be honest, then I think the 28% is still low. I am not happy with the slug, but I'll end up with some merchandise.

I will likely, as much as I hate the slug, buy one of the jerseys...as soon as they announce they are switching them to something the fans like. Then I will sell it on eBay in about 20 years for a few thousand dollars. It is ugly and does not make for a decent uniform, but it will make for a nice collectable in a few decades. Lord knows there won't be many in existance.

I'm not buying ANYTHING with the new logo on it. Furthermore, if they have any giveaways that have the new logo on it, I will not accept them. :P

See if they give free stuff with the logo on it people need to organize mass burning of such items in the parking lot before and after the games. 20 or so fires should get some notice.

See i prefer that they go back to the old logo, but in all honesty the slug is growing on me. Reminds me of the Bills Logo, almost uniting our two sports franchises.

A few years back, the Penguins changed their colors from ice blue/blue/white to black/gold/white so that all three Pittsburgh teams would have the same color scheme. So far, we have the Bills with red/white/blue, the Sabres with red/black/silver/white changing to blue/gold/white and the Bisons with red/green/gold. As others have pointed out, at least in the Bills logo, the bison has legs.

Oh, and I conveniently made no joke about the phrase "the slug is growing on me." Yuck!

-Ed :rolleyes:

I'll buy something, just to add to my collection of sabres gear. Probably a puck or two. Jersey would be pushing it. :P

However, anyone who voted the last option, I hope you don't consider yourselves Sabres fans if you're going to do in anyway discourage other fans based on them supporting the team.

Now we don't need to get too crazy here. Remember one thing, the organization didn't change the logo for the fans, they did it for more money. Everyone knows by doing this they are trying to get everyone to replace their hats, shirts, jerseys, etc.... with the new logo. That could bring in some big dollars. If they cared about fan input, they would have asked for it, now per LarryQ, we shouldn't judge it until its unveiled in Sept. When its too late for any changes or fan input and were stuck with it. I won't buy s**t with this new logo and everyone who signed that petition should do the same. Apparently, that's gonna be the only vote we get in this decision.

Archived