Biron...The Iron is HOT...STRIKE

mis3384

Now is the time to pull the trigger on the Biron trade....FLA Panthers need a goalie NOW, with both signning else where...VAN and CAL....Biron and who ever for somthing that makes us forget about those ugly new jerseys....its time to make a deal that will headline this offseason...PICKS? D-MAN? PROSPECT?....follow that with signning Sergei Samsonov...perfect fit with this team....do all that and we will have the best team in the NHL.....??????!!!!!!!!

Biron/Pyatt/Peters....TO....FLA for Pick and Jackman or maybe Van Ryn

Now is the time to pull the trigger on the Biron trade....FLA Panthers need a goalie NOW, with both signning else where...VAN and CAL....Biron and who ever for somthing that makes us forget about those ugly new jerseys....its time to make a deal that will headline this offseason...PICKS? D-MAN? PROSPECT?....follow that with signning Sergei Samsonov...perfect fit with this team....do all that and we will have the best team in the NHL.....??????!!!!!!!!

Biron/Pyatt/Peters....TO....FLA for Pick and Jackman or maybe Van Ryn

I realize we'd be given them Pyatt and Peters in addition to Biron. Why would anyone want Pyatt and Peters? Jackman and Van Ryn have too much upside for that trade.

I like your idea of striking now, while the iron is hot, especially since they have o goalies.

I don't see the need for Samsanov ... he is the type of forward that fits the Sabres system, but they already have too many forwards to the point Roy was forced to play the wing last season and Samsanov is essentially the same player as Aifinogenov ... with all these guys in-house who they need to take care of, why pay more for a guy from the outside who doesn't really bring anything new to the table?

I also disagree the iron is "hot" for Biron ... yes, Florida needs a goalie but they and Detroit are about the only ones ... two starting spots for at least 6 goalies out there who could fill them (Belfour, Hasek and Legace are free agents, Giguere and Nabokov are also being shopped) ... if I am Florida, I'd rather sign Legace and not have to give up talent for him. even if we take out the free agents, that's still at least 3 goailes on the trade market and two available #1 jobs ... it is a buyer's market.

I also disagree the iron is "hot" for Biron ... yes, Florida needs a goalie but they and Detroit are about the only ones ... two starting spots for at least 6 goalies out there who could fill them (Belfour, Hasek and Legace are free agents, Giguere and Nabokov are also being shopped) ... if I am Florida, I'd rather sign Legace and not have to give up talent for him. even if we take out the free agents, that's still at least 3 goailes on the trade market and two available #1 jobs ... it is a buyer's market.

I agree that it is a buyers market, but I dont think any team is willing to pay Hasek after seeing what he did in Ottawa this year. I'd say Hasek's career is all but over in the NHL.

I agree that it is a buyers market, but I dont think any team is willing to pay Hasek after seeing what he did in Ottawa this year. I'd say Hasek's career is all but over in the NHL.

I couldn't agree more, I would not pay the guy a nickel, just making the point that there are goalies out there who would not cost Florida any young talent and who would probably come at a similar pricetag as Biron. while he is insane, Hasek is one of them and you never know with keenan ;)

Fla traded for Alex Auld because they wanted him. They could have taken Cloutier in return for Luongo, they chose Auld.

Auld had a 30 win season last year guys. He proved he can play big minutes. They feel he can be their number 1 and I'm sure they'll give him a little time to prove himself. I don't see them going after Biron.

OK is if Biron doesn't go to FLA where does he go? and If he goes to DET for who or what?

what about Lebda...Kronwall...Fischer?

Biron/Pyatt/Peters ... to ... DET Kronwall/Oulahen (Prospect)

OK is if Biron doesn't go to FLA where does he go? and If he goes to DET for who or what?

detroit wouldn't trade kronwall for biron in a million years. peters has no trade value what so ever. pyatt doesn't have much either. the sabres will be lucky to get more than a pospect (and not a top prospect at that) or draft picks from whoever gets biron. i think the best possibilities are detroit and phoenix. florida is an outside shot, but they're looking at signing belfour to be the backup down there. it's clear that they want auld to have the number 1 job but have a very capable backup in case he falters.

Normally I would say hold onto Biron....but if Biron wants out that badly, he needs to be dealt....otherwise he could become a distration when the season begins.

And I agree with what BetweenThePipes00 said about Samsonov, why do the Sabres need another Maxim or Kotalik?

If the Sabres can get a solid player and a decent pick for Biron, that would be fine.

As for Pyatt, after watching the playoffs last year and seeing how he contributed, why would the Sabres deal him when he would not get them a lot on return? Keep Pyatt and increase his role in the team, power fowards take a longer time to develop then other players. Remember how much of a disappointment Bertuzzi was for a long period of time? Then he got to play with better skilled players and he broke through.

While I am not suggesting that Pyatt can reach Bert's levels point wise, I think Pyatt can emerge as a very solid hockey player in the near future, but he needs to have an increased role.

You can't just add up a bunch of our little parts and expect someone else to take them for a player that has been productive or a top prospect. Even if they for some reason took Peters, he is of no trade value. Where does Pyatt fit in for Detroit? he couldn't skate a regular shift in Buffalo most of the year, and Detroit was the #1 seed in the West. Not to mention that Pyatt and Biron make more than $3 million combined ... Detroit would be doing Buffalo a favor to take that off the books, why would they offer much talent in return?

IF Biron gets traded it will be for prospects a couple years away or for draft picks. It is what it is. I love the guy but he is NOT a proven #1 guy in the eyes of the league. If the shoe was on the other foot, and the Sabres needed a goalie, would you want them to give up a proven player for a guy who has never appeared in a playoff game? Last October everyone said he was inconsistent and gave up bad goals and couldn't wait for Miller to take over, but now we want real value for him? Because he got hot for 3 weeks in November/December? Again, I love him, I think he CAN be the guy somewhere, but this is the response Regier will get if he goes fishing for too much.

The only way a deal involving Biron brings anything of present-day value is if they package him with someone ... Afinogenov probably would bring the most, maybe someone would like Kotalik ... but I don't think that will happen.

I was looking at the NHL transactions and I came across STL and their website and looked at the team.....STL needs a goalie

and they have tons of young D-MEN who could fill that 5th-9th spot

Biron to STL for Doug Lynch and a prospect or a pick.....or maybe Backman

Normally I would say hold onto Biron....but if Biron wants out that badly, he needs to be dealt....otherwise he could become a distration when the season begins.

And I agree with what BetweenThePipes00 said about Samsonov, why do the Sabres need another Maxim or Kotalik?

If the Sabres can get a solid player and a decent pick for Biron, that would be fine.

As for Pyatt, after watching the playoffs last year and seeing how he contributed, why would the Sabres deal him when he would not get them a lot on return? Keep Pyatt and increase his role in the team, power fowards take a longer time to develop then other players. Remember how much of a disappointment Bertuzzi was for a long period of time? Then he got to play with better skilled players and he broke through.

While I am not suggesting that Pyatt can reach Bert's levels point wise, I think Pyatt can emerge as a very solid hockey player in the near future, but he needs to have an increased role.

It is hard to believe that Bertuzzi turned it around.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdispla...3?pid%5B%5D=369

I guess anything is possible, but without somehow working his way onto the PP unit on a regular basis, Pyatt will probably never have the opportunity to be much more than a 10-15 goal per year player.

It is hard to believe that Bertuzzi turned it around.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdispla...3?pid%5B%5D=369

I guess anything is possible, but without somehow working his way onto the PP unit on a regular basis, Pyatt will probably never have the opportunity to be much more than a 10-15 goal per year player.

i haven't followed bertuzzi much, but how much his success is due to the fact he was skating with naslund?

I was looking at the NHL transactions and I came across STL and their website and looked at the team.....STL needs a goalie

and they have tons of young D-MEN who could fill that 5th-9th spot

Biron to STL for Doug Lynch and a prospect or a pick.....or maybe Backman

St. Louis will be giving Curtis Sanford every chance to keep the number one job, and that is the right move on their part. His numbers were solid before he got hurt, especially for a rookie. However, the Blues will need a good backup to push Sanford, but I doubt Biron is the right fit.

Archived